China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Fair play to them for showing up another thicko!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Hospital situation for each Sunday the last month in ROI.

Today - 436 in hospital and 107 in ICU
Dec 12th - 504 in hospital and 109 in ICU
Dec 5th - 503 in hospital and 110 in ICU
Nov 28th - 566 in hospital and 117 in ICU
Nov 21st - 688 in hospital and 125 in ICU

RadioGAAGAA

So this:

https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/disease-index-covid-19/surveillance-reports/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/

Isn't great.

Looks like Omicron will land enough people in hospital to cause serious capacity issues.

However...

https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/disease-index-covid-19/surveillance-reports/national-covid-19-daily-report/

Because it spreads so, so, so fast - expect the peak to come relatively quickly (which isn't great news for hospitals etc, but will mean restrictions will ease quicker than before) - anyone that will get seriously sick is likely to become seriously sick within the next month as I'd expect it to have more or less fully penetrated the population in that timeframe (particularly as I expect folks to be very antipathetic to restrictions given Johnston's partying).

After which point, it becomes a rather more deadly version of "just another virus".

*Usually* this normally pans out as evolution into a more benign form, and coupled with greater resistance due to frequent encounters, it merges into the background noise of other ailments in circulation.
However, always a risk it mutates into something worse. But then, there is that risk with every other virus already - hence why you need a new mix of the flu vaccine every year.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Thastheball on December 19, 2021, 10:39:35 PM
Well this is the Health minister Gillian Keegan from England being interviewed

https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1472623144385011721?s=21

Looks like a car crash - but thats just sky fishing for shite (as usual).

Those stats would all be available on the dashboards - and they are always clearer off those than in a verbal conversation.

[although in saying that, poor prep not to have the fukking numbers sitting there on a bit of paper]
i usse an speelchekor

Ball Hopper

Quote from: David McKeown on December 18, 2021, 05:20:10 PM
I'm going to preface these comments with the caveat that today a family member died of Covid. I have also spent most of the last three weeks in hospital for non Covid reasons.

Sorry for your loss , David.  Hope your own health issues are easing too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Thastheball on December 19, 2021, 10:39:35 PM
Well this is the Health minister Gillian Keegan from England being interviewed

https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1472623144385011721?s=21

She looks like she doesn't give a fcuk! Wonder why?

imtommygunn

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Franko

I see the various hospitality representatives in Belfast are out in force looking for handouts due to the lack of footfall at, what should be, their busiest time of year.

Usually I would be very sympathetic to their cause.

But the way they have gouged the shite out of punters recently with exorbitant price rises, I'm more inclined to say screw them.

The small rural guys and those outside the city centre are a different story however.

Armagh18

Quote from: Franko on December 20, 2021, 03:57:19 PM
I see the various hospitality representatives in Belfast are out in force looking for handouts due to the lack of footfall at, what should be, their busiest time of year.

But the way they have gouged the shite out of punters recently with exorbitant price rises, I'm more inclined to say screw them.

The small rural guys and those outside the city centre are a different story however.
Agreed. Price of drink is a joke

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2021, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 20, 2021, 03:57:19 PM

Agreed. Price of drink is a joke

6.70 a pint, nearly died

RadioGAAGAA

i usse an speelchekor

Tony Baloney

It was guts of 12 quid yesterday for a pint and a glass of wine in Bittles of all places. :o