China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

But haven't "all of us" being protecting the elderly all through this!! Loneliness; Mental health; Tea and toast diet.
As
For the morals of prioritising vaccines, we know well our innate ability to turn a blind eye to stuff like that. Apex predators after all.

imtommygunn

Ah right that tweet has changed everything  ???

lenny

Quote from: theskull1 on December 08, 2021, 11:30:12 PM
Some very good advice to pass on to all your elderly loved ones

Why oh why can this not form a large part of the official messaging one has to wonder

https://youtu.be/HBqQT2VJclU

A fair dig in here IMO (though not what the video is about) about why vaccines were not distributed worldwide to protect the most vulnerable globally during the vaccine roll out rather than the wealthy countries hoarding supplies to use on their whole populations

Hardly rocket science, eat a good diet and exercise. The problem is that quite often it's the people with the best immune systems who get really sick with Covid. Their immune system overreacts and that causes serious problems. That's why one of the main treatments now in hospital is dexamethasone which dampens down the immune reaction. The best way to ensure your immune system is primed and ready to go is to get vaccinated.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 09, 2021, 08:41:13 AM
Ah right that tweet has changed everything  ???

Going by his views on here its not a surprise than Bunkers view his highly influenced by Ivor Cummins and Fox news.

Truth hurts

im confused, should i get the booster, there is some crap on the internet?

J70

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 09, 2021, 04:54:50 PM
im confused, should i get the booster, there is some crap on the internet?

Yes, get the booster. No, don't throw caution to the wind thereafter. You can still get it and you can still spread it, even if the vaccine helps to reduce the impact of both.

imtommygunn

I love the Jose mourinho everyone is out to get me thing you have going on ;D

CK_Redhand

Angelo aka thatstheball is dunning kruger

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 07, 2021, 02:06:08 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 06, 2021, 10:43:27 PM
I wear a mask and all but unsure of the benefit of it. I would do some paint spraying on and off, minor things spraying. And u have to wear certain level of mask due to paint particles in the air. And particles from coughing etc are smaller again. Am not sure of the real scientific fact with basic masks as u def not spray paint with them.

Most surgical masks or covid-type face coverings are useless to protect you from something like paint vapours and aerosols. They don't form a seal, nor are they necessarily made from tested or appropriate filtering material (you need activated carbon/charcoal or similar for the vapours but a different filtering material for the aerosols/droplets). Surgical masks might stop a few large droplets getting through I guess, but that's not what they're designed for. They're designed to protect the people around the person wearing it, traditionally the patient being treated by the surgeon or other health practitioner so that the patient doesn't get infected by anything the health practitioner is exhaling.

When it comes to covid, its the same thing. A form of source control to lower the chances of the wearer infecting others.

Of course, you can add to that for your own benefit by wearing something like an N95 respirator instead of a surgical or cloth mask. A proper respirator will also offer the wearer some level of protection (assuming its worn correctly, clean-shaven etc. so that it forms a seal).

I've seen debates about N95s with exhalation valves. The issue being that the exhalation valve allows unhindered release of exhaled air and thus defeats the purpose of the whole masking exercise when it comes to covid. Which is true for the most part. However, if you have someone who ALWAYS wears a properly fitted N95 (clean shaven etc), then they're probably much less likely to contract covid in the first place and thus less likely to infect others and so possibly a better masking participant than the person with only a surgical mask or cloth covering.
I just bought a  50 pack disposable masks in Walgreens and when I was opening them up it says easy to breathe through on box , i billion of these pieces of garbage in the oceans too , too many people getting rich to stop anytime soon

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on December 09, 2021, 06:43:44 PM
I wear a mask and all but unsure of the benefit of it. I would do some paint spraying on and off, minor things spraying. And u have to wear certain level of mask due to paint particles in the air. And particles from coughing etc are smaller again. Am not sure of the real scientific fact with basic masks as u def not spray paint with them.

Most surgical masks or covid-type face coverings are useless to protect you from something like paint vapours and aerosols. They don't form a seal, nor are they necessarily made from tested or appropriate filtering material (you need activated carbon/charcoal or similar for the vapours but a different filtering material for the aerosols/droplets). Surgical masks might stop a few large droplets getting through I guess, but that's not what they're designed for. They're designed to protect the people around the person wearing it, traditionally the patient being treated by the surgeon or other health practitioner so that the patient doesn't get infected by anything the health practitioner is exhaling.

When it comes to covid, its the same thing. A form of source control to lower the chances of the wearer infecting others.

Of course, you can add to that for your own benefit by wearing something like an N95 respirator instead of a surgical or cloth mask. A proper respirator will also offer the wearer some level of protection (assuming its worn correctly, clean-shaven etc. so that it forms a seal).

I've seen debates about N95s with exhalation valves. The issue being that the exhalation valve allows unhindered release of exhaled air and thus defeats the purpose of the whole masking exercise when it comes to covid. Which is true for the most part. However, if you have someone who ALWAYS wears a properly fitted N95 (clean shaven etc), then they're probably much less likely to contract covid in the first place and thus less likely to infect others and so possibly a better masking participant than the person with only a surgical mask or cloth covering.
I just bought a  50 pack disposable masks in Walgreens and when I was opening them up it says easy to breathe through on box , i billion of these pieces of garbage in the oceans too , too many people getting rich to stop anytime soon

I'd recommend for you those masks you can't breathe through. Wear them for an hour or 2 and you'll be well protected from Covid. Don't mention it.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on December 09, 2021, 07:07:33 PM

I'd recommend for you those masks you can't breathe through. Wear them for an hour or 2 and you'll be well protected from Covid. Don't mention it.
you can only breathe the virus in Lenny is it not out ?

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on December 09, 2021, 07:11:45 PM

you can only breathe the virus in Lenny is it not out ?

The virus travels in droplets, the masks catch the vast majority of those. It's not that hard to understand. Masks have been shown to work. In Asian countries where they're strictly adhered to there's much less transmission.

Gmac

when did you get so radicalized your hoping people suffocate themselves, another lovely liberal

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 09, 2021, 07:51:16 PM

when did you get so radicalized your hoping people suffocate themselves, another lovely liberal

So suffocation is the latest buzzword from the fever swamps, is it? Those stats must be through the stratosphere then so over the past 18 months with all the people masking.