China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:34:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 08, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
Is Angelo back?

You are the epitomy  of the dickhead on this board and dickhead MOD5 says is acceptable so no personal abuse there!

Nice.

I get that I'm apparently a dickhead, but is MOD5 one also? It's hard to tell from that rant.

I don't really care if you're Angelo. Just curious why you'd bother with the name change if you are, especially as the approach is the same.

Milltown Row2

The gift that keeps giving!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 08, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
Is Angelo back?

Seriously? Been back a while

Hadn't been paying attention.

Just noticed the similarities today.

TMAC

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 08, 2021, 09:47:49 PM
You must learn to read. I've already answered your question.

You previously claimed that the vast majority of kids were at home.
Now it is half.
It's great to see you becoming more positive in such a short time.

Yes, I'm the one who should be embarrassed.

You really are a teacher, grow a set and admit it, probably maths teacher ffs.

TMAC

Quote from: the goal was on on September 08, 2021, 09:52:07 PM
My child can now go anywhere she likes after testing negative but because the school has decided not to follow the guidance she can't attend school for the next 8 days.

God forbid they have to work.

trueblue1234

It's not Angelo. It's Sureyouwill, AFM etc.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

delgany

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 08, 2021, 10:05:40 PM
My child can now go anywhere she likes after testing negative but because the school has decided not to follow the guidance she can't attend school for the next 8 days.
Primary or post-primary?

I'm surprised that some schools are going against the guidance. There couldn't be many.

The current guidance in the North is complete bollocks tbh.
If a child has Covid , all close contacts should isolate for 10 days.
No variables allowed. Breaks the cycle of close contacts, spreading the virus continously around the classroom/ school.

I

the goal was on

If children are made to isolate even if negative they'll be off school most of year. How can people work if children are constantly isolating.

Milltown Row2

Do you remember the days that the mums stayed home with the children until they were old enough to have a key! The simple times when we were not obsessed with having two incomes coming into the house...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 11:29:16 PM
Do you remember the days that the mums stayed home with the children until they were old enough to have a key! The simple times when we were not obsessed with having two incomes coming into the house...

unfortunately govts have made it so

delgany

Quote from: the goal was on on September 08, 2021, 11:18:01 PM
If children are made to isolate even if negative they'll be off school most of year. How can people work if children are constantly isolating.

There are 350 000 school aged children in North.
Would 10 % be off at any one time ?  Is there any data on this?
Those who need to work will find a solution.

delgany

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2021, 05:59:30 AM
Quote from: delgany on September 08, 2021, 10:21:16 PM
Primary or post-primary?

I'm surprised that some schools are going against the guidance. There couldn't be many.

No variables allowed. Breaks the cycle of close contacts, spreading the virus continously around the classroom/ school.

I
I don't disagree with that and I'm not saying that these schools are doing the wrong thing. However, sailing alone against the guidance leaves them open to challenges IMO.

If Joe underperforms in his GCSEs, having been made to miss 20 days of school when he didn't have to according to the PHA guidance, the knives will be out for those who made that decision.

That's why I am surprised.

Afaik ..it is guidance only .It isnt statutory  and if a risk assessment is carried out , they cant touch the school..In  the 16th Aug guidance , it actual says it is the Principal's call.
I appreciate stakes are higher at secondary level exam years.
The guidance is way too random and the DENi 'flexible' approach is s load of nonsense ! 

DuffleKing

Primary or post-primary?

I

This is not the guidance in the north.

If a child is deemed a close contact - and are not vaccinated - then they must pass a PCR test to return to school. In most cases, this is a 2 day turn around.

delgany

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 10:43:30 AM
Primary or post-primary?

I

If a child is deemed a close contact - and are not vaccinated - then they must pass a PCR test to return to school. In most cases, this is a 2 day turn around.

And as I said , that  guidance s complete nonsense .
A child/ pupil can be -ve on day 2 , if they are lucky enough to get a PCR test,  but be positive on Day 5 and spread the virus around the room. Research is indicating that Day 3 should be the opitimal day for testing in first place.
The guidance is not a statutory requirement.
Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

Cobra

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 11:32:44 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 10:43:30 AM
Primary or post-primary?

I

And as I said , that  guidance s complete nonsense .
A child/ pupil can be -ve on day 2 , if they are lucky enough to get a PCR test,  but be positive on Day 5 and spread the virus around the room. Research is indicating that Day 3 should be the opitimal day for testing in first place.
The guidance is not a statutory requirement.
Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

Are you f**king mental? 10 days? There'll be nobody left in the schools.
Teachers should all be vaccinated. There is minuscule risk to the kids. There is absolutely no need to test for this virus.