China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2021, 12:48:03 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 29, 2021, 12:43:33 PM
Proposal to allow the fully vaccinated eat & drink indoors. The un-clean or lepers in society can stay at home, welcome to the Banana Republic. Blantant & dangerous  discrimination, personally I have no issues getting the vaccine, this however would make me re-consider if it happens.

Do you mean if they bring the rule in that you have to be vaccinated to eat/drink indoors you wont be getting the jabs but that if they dont bring the rule in then you will get the jabs?

While not personally knowing you Rudi if that is your logic it doesnt make much sense to me

I don't believe it's right, everyone or nobody. Tis discrimination against those that have legitimate vaccine concerns.

bennydorano

Quote from: mackers on June 29, 2021, 12:24:51 PM
Any indication if there's going to be revised numbers allowed to watch outdoor sport this morning??
Did I not read somewhere there's 8,000 allowed into CP for the hurling this weekend?

The North due for a review this week, hopefully there'll be a big increase in the max numbers for games

HiMucker

Quote from: Rudi on June 29, 2021, 12:53:51 PM
Proposal to allow the fully vaccinated eat & drink indoors. The un-clean or lepers in society can stay at home, welcome to the Banana Republic. Blantant & dangerous  discrimination, personally I have no issues getting the vaccine, this however would make me re-consider if it happens.

Do you mean if they bring the rule in that you have to be vaccinated to eat/drink indoors you wont be getting the jabs but that if they dont bring the rule in then you will get the jabs?

While not personally knowing you Rudi if that is your logic it doesnt make much sense to me

I don't believe it's right, everyone or nobody. Tis discrimination against those that have legitimate vaccine concerns.
And what about restaurant and bar owners to have genuine concerns about letting unvaccinated people in, increasing the risk of closure of their business again? Or does concern about the vaccine trump other peoples concerns?

Taylor

But how would this decision make you decide to not get the vaccine?

Yet if this decision isnt made you would get the vaccine?

Im not following

Rudi

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2021, 01:22:01 PM

Im not following

Thats perfectly fine Taylor, "if you do not follow". I'm not here to convince you otherwise. We can all make decisions for ourselves. I believe its discrimination & I won't be having it. Its trying to ostracize people from society, I believe thats dangerous. Gay people, lepers, falling women were excluded from society before, its not right or good. An element of solidarity.

Taylor

Quote from: Rudi on June 29, 2021, 01:30:00 PM

Im not following

Thats perfectly fine Taylor, "if you do not follow". I'm not here to convince you otherwise. We can all make decisions for ourselves. I believe its discrimination & I won't be having it. Its trying to ostracize people from society, I believe thats dangerous. Gay people, lepers, falling women were excluded from society before, its not right or good. An element of solidarity.

As its a discussion board I was trying to understand your point of view.

So you are willing to risk your own health and that of the wider community in order to make a point and show an element of solidarity.

I get it now

Blowitupref

Quote from: HiMucker on June 29, 2021, 01:15:28 PM

And what about restaurant and bar owners to have genuine concerns about letting unvaccinated people in, increasing the risk of closure of their business again? Or does concern about the vaccine trump other peoples concerns?

What about the many young people working in restaurants,bars that aren't vaccinated are they now to be told by their owners that they are to be let go?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bennydorano

Would seem an unworkable policy that will automatically get the heckles up of large swathes of society who will make it uncomfortable for some establishments - I'd say the hospitality industry will object very strongly, it will put them in some very awkward positions with customers.

Rudi

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2021, 01:38:11 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 29, 2021, 01:30:00 PM

Im not following

As its a discussion board I was trying to understand your point of view.

So you are willing to risk your own health and that of the wider community in order to make a point and show an element of solidarity.

I get it now

How exactly would I be affecting my own health or that of others. I look after myself (always have) I am compliant with all NPET guidelines in respect of Covid. Covid was in our house, my wife & child had it. Despite sleeping in the same bed, watching TV & been roomed up with the 2 for 17 days never managed to get it. You're been theatrical.

Louther

MM talking rubbish. Back to my earlier point, no planning and now reactive measures. Talking about herd immunity when this was never mentioned previously and now only considering "vaccine passports" for the vaccinated. As if this stuff only fell out of the sky. And I don't agree with them either.

Instead of looking for alternatives and having these in place, the Irish Gov only plan is to say No. only talk of cases today, none on deaths or hospitalisations. I know one follows the other but case profile and risks far less.

They've lost the plot. It seems since Dr Tony went for a drive in Dublin City centre one evening he been on a mission since to get his own back for the bit of shade that went his way.

screenexile

I've stayed quiet on most of the Government plans both North and South for a while as it's not easy and they have an unenviable task. Also I follow lunatics like Digger and Ewan MacKenna who are constantly shouting and quote tweeting anti vaxxers etc. so don't want to be lumped in with them.

However that graph that Nphet are using for their latest projection is absolute nonsense and shouldn't be forming the basis for f**k all!!

joemamas

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2021, 02:07:35 PM
I've stayed quiet on most of the Government plans both North and South for a while as it's not easy and they have an unenviable task. Also I follow lunatics like Digger and Ewan MacKenna who are constantly shouting and quote tweeting anti vaxxers etc. so don't want to be lumped in with them.

However that graph that Nphet are using for their latest projection is absolute nonsense and shouldn't be forming the basis for f**k all!!

Exactly what science is this based on ?

joemamas

Quote from: Louther on June 29, 2021, 01:56:39 PM
MM talking rubbish. Back to my earlier point, no planning and now reactive measures. Talking about herd immunity when this was never mentioned previously and now only considering "vaccine passports" for the vaccinated. As if this stuff only fell out of the sky. And I don't agree with them either.

Instead of looking for alternatives and having these in place, the Irish Gov only plan is to say No. only talk of cases today, none on deaths or hospitalisations. I know one follows the other but case profile and risks far less.

They've lost the plot. It seems since Dr Tony went for a drive in Dublin City centre one evening he been on a mission since to get his own back for the bit of shade that went his way.

Bingo.

The actions of the government, both leaders MM and LV and their cabinet ministers is not short of shocking and disgraceful.
Why wait until June 29th to come up with the idea of a proof of vaccination, is there not one (just one) that could have anticipated this a few months ago, and said ok here is plan B.
For a country that is tourist dependent it boggles the mind., the businesses in the six counties will be sending MM, LV and in particular Dr. T big thank you cards, while the restaurant owners, hotel owners and bar owners in the border counties will hopefully not forget, the next time their candidates come looking for their votes.

Last but not least, there are 47 currently in hospital being treated for Covid, (God willing they all recover). This represents 0.00001% (yes that is four zeros) of the total population including folks under 14, exclude them the number is even smaller.

It truly is egregious. Banana Republic.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: joemamas on June 29, 2021, 02:35:32 PM
Quote from: Louther on June 29, 2021, 01:56:39 PM

Bingo.

The actions of the government, both leaders MM and LV and their cabinet ministers is not short of shocking and disgraceful.
Why wait until June 29th to come up with the idea of a proof of vaccination, is there not one (just one) that could have anticipated this a few months ago, and said ok here is plan B.
For a country that is tourist dependent it boggles the mind., the businesses in the six counties will be sending MM, LV and in particular Dr. T big thank you cards, while the restaurant owners, hotel owners and bar owners in the border counties will hopefully not forget, the next time their candidates come looking for their votes.

Last but not least, there are 47 currently in hospital being treated for Covid, (God willing they all recover). This represents 0.00001% (yes that is four zeros) of the total population including folks under 14, exclude them the number is even smaller.

It truly is egregious. Banana Republic.

I don't feel it's the right decision by the government but can never work out the logic above. Quoting the number in hospital as an argument against the governments actions the last while doesnt really make sense. You could argue that their actions have helped ensure the numbers are so low and that if they'd opened up many more people would have got sick and died.

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2021, 02:07:35 PM

Whats happening in mid September?