dublin7

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 21, 2021, 04:42:07 PM
Do you blame them Milly?
A great day for the park
Be all accounts most parks in the North are packed
That's what happens when you cage people up
This government need to come up with a plan and pretty quick
Nothing on everyone will go to parks even people who don't normally
Open things up slowly and it takes some of that away.
A plan needed. I think Robbie Swan and Celebrity McBride have had an abysmal few days

Who has been caged up?

It's the first real spring day of 2021 so people took advantage of it.

Smurfy123

We have been caged up
My plan would make sense for a start
Nothing open until at least April 1st then Murphy says do not plan anything before Easter
Why not lockdown until April 8 then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 21, 2021, 05:43:30 PM
We have been caged up
Nothing open until at least April 1st then Murphy says do not plan anything before Easter

So you are time based?

No one is locked up either, the exaggeration on this thread is unreal.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Everywhere pretty packed today I'd say, I seen on Twitter they were asking people not to go to divis mountain because of the volume of traffic. It's fine for people to go walking, go to the parks etc but people can't partake in outdoor sport? Think this is what sticks in peoples throat the most especially going by Twitter

Milltown Row2

Outside sports should be opened up, it's the attendance and self regulation that needs sorting first.

The GAA had a system where people filled in Covid questionnaire before playing, it needs to be done properly by the players and management.

That's a reliance on honesty really. Having fans at games may happen like last time, up to 200 in the summer, in the north all adults will have had the vaccine, except Seaney and Angelo. That means I'm part the admissions to hospital will be close to zero.

After that hopefully we'll have proper attendances again. We just need to stop transmitting it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI.

Cases 5546 (498 fewer than last week)
Reported Deaths 192 (94 fewer than last week)

In hospital 744 (155 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 148 (12 fewer than last week)

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 06:01:27 PM
Outside sports should be opened up, it's the attendance and self regulation that needs sorting first.

The GAA had a system where people filled in Covid questionnaire before playing, it needs to be done properly by the players and management.

That's a reliance on honesty really. Having fans at games may happen like last time, up to 200 in the summer, in the north all adults will have had the vaccine, except Seaney and Angelo. That means I'm part the admissions to hospital will be close to zero.

After that hopefully we'll have proper attendances again. We just need to stop transmitting it

That's it exactly, after st Patrick's weekend I can't see why sport can't open up again, even the same as last year group training and maybe non contact first few weeks (would be no real issue for adult teams as they be doin more fitness and runnin) with a view to games starting back after Easter. Agree with you that it'll come down to people being honest when declaring contacts etc. I don't think crowds should be a priority, getting young people and kids back at sport has to be the main aim.

JoG2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 21, 2021, 04:51:22 PM
I didn't say u did Milly
Yes haven a few beers
Problem?
What do you think regarding a plan?
Robbie and Celebrity McBride may come up with a plan

What kind Smurfy if you don't mind me asking?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 06:01:27 PM

Childrens sports with parents only allowed to attend IMO could and should be done. Go from there. Kids most important thing first then all being well economy.

Smurfy123

Cans of Guinness
Not as good as the real deal but they will do
Watch our government piggy back off Boris announcement tomorrow
Just watch them follow him
They have more or less the whole way
Can't make decisions themselves

Armagh18

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 05:52:02 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 21, 2021, 05:43:30 PM
We have been caged up

So you are time based?

No one is locked up either, the exaggeration on this thread is unreal.
Cant get a haircut, can't go to the gym, can't get a pint, not meant to go visit anyone, no sport, no gyms- how much worse does it have to get before you'd call it locked up?

Smurfy123

Well said Armagh
Explain how we are not locked up
As Armagh can't do anything other than walk outside
We are caged up
Time some stuff was lifted
Agree these thing need to stay closed until May
Pubs
Restaurants
Work(can do from home)

But for the life of me why can't these return
Outside sports Golf
Gyms
Schools

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 22, 2021, 07:06:30 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up
Pubs
Restaurants
Work(can do from home)

Outside sports Golf
Gyms
Schools

Gyms are a no for me at the minute, id be at the gym 6 days a week but the chances of catching stuff at the gym before Covid was extremely high. Classes like spin or Hiit, pump and so on in a room would be so easy for the likes of this virus to spread.

I'd feel safer in a pub than a gym if I'm being honest. I've repeatedly called for outdoor sports to be open, I don't see the issue providing everyone goes to it on their own.

I'm working in a safe environment and greeting people who are the most vulnerable so providing people use proper ppe and follow the correct procedures work should be safe.

As for being caged up, that's just bollox exaggeration shite. Go visit someone, stand outside and chat parks are open takeaways are open, plenty space to go for a run to keep fit.

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 07:53:46 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 22, 2021, 07:06:30 AM
Well said Armagh
We are caged up
Pubs
Restaurants
Work(can do from home)

Outside sports Golf
Gyms
Schools

Gyms are a no for me at the minute, id be at the gym 6 days a week but the chances of catching stuff at the gym before Covid was extremely high. Classes like spin or Hiit, pump and so on in a room would be so easy for the likes of this virus to spread.

I'd feel safer in a pub than a gym if I'm being honest. I've repeatedly called for outdoor sports to be open, I don't see the issue providing everyone goes to it on their own.

I'm working in a safe environment and greeting people who are the most vulnerable so providing people use proper ppe and follow the correct procedures work should be safe.

As for being caged up, that's just bollox exaggeration shite. Go visit someone, stand outside and chat parks are open takeaways are open, plenty space to go for a run to keep fit.

I've seen a good few people calling for gyms to open but they're missing the point about transmission. I've read a number of studies which show that transmission outdoors is very low and indoors is where the vast majority of transmission occurs. I'd say gyms are very dangerous to open and won't open for a good while yet.