RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 10:59:13 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2021, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 08:55:35 AM
So there we have it

AZ vaccine does not stop the South African virus

A massive blow to the uk and Ireland

What now?

"But the company expressed confidence that the vaccine would offer protection against serious cases, because it created neutralising antibodies similar to those of other coronavirus vaccines."

That's why I posted link. As smurphy likes to hype things up when there's no need.

He's still saying there was no cases in March 2020 ffs

Indeed, a "Sun headline" as you rightly called it.

Smurfy123

I said it was barely here

You guys went things lockdown forever

To comfy on furlough and lying about the house men

RedHand88

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 12:18:45 PM

Swing and a miss. I work for the NHS and see first hand the burden this is putting on the health service.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2021, 12:25:58 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 12:18:45 PM

Swing and a miss. I work for the NHS and see first hand the burden this is putting on the health service.

I'm working flat out, but hey knock yourself out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

South Laois man

Tim Spector, well known epidemiologist said today he can't see large scale events like sports and concerts coming back for years even large weddings!!!! How could that be justified if vaccinations essentially turn this into something no worse than a cold or flu.

Smurfy123

Question for milltown and the boys

If the South African virus evades the vaccine that's fine

If the South African variant is dominant in SA how have cases and deaths completely plummeted in that country to the extent most restrictions are being lifted?

Cases and deaths falling massively

Explain

BennyCake

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 02:52:59 PM

If the South African variant is dominant in SA how have cases and deaths completely plummeted in that country to the extent most restrictions are being lifted?

Explain

It's danger hyped up to justify continuing with lockdowns, and to push the vaccine?

imtommygunn

Smurfy can I just clarify in case one poster in particular is muddying your view of what other people think.

No one is in favour of lockdown. No one. No one, no matter how many words they have typed, has provided a viable alternative to it. While this is rampant , it is moving towards not being rampant thankfully, we don't have an alternative. There are things which have been done in lockdown which I imagine no one has agreed with outside those who agreed it. That is in terms of subtleties but not the general principle. Things like gyms, bars with no alcohol, kids play parks at times etc.

Also I don't imagine there's a single person here not significantly impacted by lockdown. Whether that be their kids and dealing with them, their development, ability to see family members or whatever we all feel this.

Just in case you had your view on other people's views muddied by one person.

Milltown Row2

Explain

First off I'm not an expert, neither are you

Second I want normality back tomorrow

Thirdly if we continue with cases dropping we'll have restrictions lifted, if we continue with covid deniers we will have this continued lockdowns, as the health service is under pressure (why is a question we've answered thousands of times)

Fourthly stop sticking up rubbish about not having cases in March when we closed the place down to the amount of cases we had!

And lastly the more people that take the vaccine the we should be out of it quicker

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/12ff370a-a40d-11ea-81ac-4854aed294e5

"The coronavirus crisis has split the workforce into three groups: those who have lost jobs or at least some pay; those who are deemed "essential" workers who must labour on through the crisis (often at great risk to their own health); or those who are virtual knowledge workers whose lives have hardly been affected."

The first 2 groups have to be looked after

Angelo

Quote from: BennyCake on February 07, 2021, 10:00:37 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 08:55:35 AM
So there we have it

AZ vaccine does not stop the South African virus

A massive blow to the uk and Ireland

What now?

Another solution maybe? One that was there all along?

https://newsnow.tasr.sk/featured/health-ministry-okays-use-of-ivermectin-in-fight-against-coronavirus/

A tablet already on the market that costs £1.50.

You see if we went along with that, Big Pharam would not have been able to make billions of profits and the dublin7's beloved Pfizer CEO would not have been able to enrich himself by selling his shares at pre agreed price.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

Milltown I said barely any cases in March April time
To put that to you from March 1st until July 19 we had 5714 cases in 20 weeks (140 days )
On the 29-30-31st of December we had 5756 cases in 3 days
Benny vale agree totally
Tommy you are right we have all been affected

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 03:22:10 PM

Explain

First off I'm not an expert, neither are you

Second I want normality back tomorrow

Thirdly if we continue with cases dropping we'll have restrictions lifted, if we continue with covid deniers we will have this continued lockdowns, as the health service is under pressure (why is a question we've answered thousands of times)

Fourthly stop sticking up rubbish about not having cases in March when we closed the place down to the amount of cases we had!

And lastly the more people that take the vaccine the we should be out of it quicker

Cases dropping does not mean herd immunity
.Whether vaccines stand up to the mutations of the future is a question of luck.
Another word for virus is pox. Another word for lucky is poxed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 04:14:11 PM
To put that to you from March 1st until July 19 we had 5714 cases in 20 weeks (140 days )
Benny vale agree totally

So I'll ask you this. Do you just think it's a flu thing and we should approach it the same way?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 07, 2021, 04:14:11 PM
Benny vale agree totally
Can you give a breakdown on the amount of testing in the six counties March, March compared to December to January.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose