China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 27, 2020, 03:26:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 03:18:28 PM
What's your views now Angelo on the number of cases and limited ICU beds to possibly cover everyone?

Oh and we know the shortage on the NHS, been like that for years

What's your views on cancer patients not getting treatment, millions of GP appointments cancelled, irreversible damage to vulnerable individuals mental health, the increase in suicide, abused stuck at home with abusers?

oh, another question for a question, ya wee liar !!

Cancer treatments are being done, just not as many as would have been planned, GP appointments are being done, daughter had one yesterday and to be fair, i worked in a gp surgery for 2 years every Friday, same faces every week, would stand in  the rain for an hour to get to see the doctor!

Our mental health system is the worst in Europe id say,  giving tablets seems to be the main thing there , have you the figures on the increased suicides for the north? We can leave the house, the lockdown does not prevent us leaving the house or an abuser. unless they have locked the door
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

Mid Ulster now has the highest COVID positive rate in the north

Angelo

What's your views now Angelo on the number of cases and limited ICU beds to possibly cover everyone?

If we've known of the shortage on the NHS for years then why haven't we fixed it? That's the biggest problem.

Covid is not the only show in town. I think the approach we should take is the one that causes the least unnecessary loss of life and least long-lasting consequences. I think Covid tunnel vision is doing more harm that it is preventing. You might have a different opinion but time will tell.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 03:38:47 PM

What's your views on cancer patients not getting treatment, millions of GP appointments cancelled, irreversible damage to vulnerable individuals mental health, the increase in suicide, abused stuck at home with abusers?

Cancer treatments are being done, just not as many as would have been planned, GP appointments are being done, daughter had one yesterday and to be fair, i worked in a gp surgery for 2 years every Friday, same faces every week, would stand in  the rain for an hour to get to see the doctor!

Our mental health system is the worst in Europe id say,  giving tablets seems to be the main thing there , have you the figures on the increased suicides for the north? We can leave the house, the lockdown does not prevent us leaving the house or an abuser. unless they have locked the door

You didn't ask me a question but semantics.   Millions of GP appointments have been missed that is a fact.  A million cancer screening for breast cancer in the UK have been missed, cancer treatment is being missed for category one and category two patients but your da got treatment and your daughter saw a doctor so to hell with everyone else right?

Seaney

So you have no empathy for mental health sufferers or the abused, do you have the same attitude to rape, they could have just walked away, or covered up a bit more?

Cunny Funt

A substantial drop in the positive count on testing the last 24 hours in the ROI. 535 positive tests from 11,435 tests carried out. Hopefully the numbers continue to drop for the rest of the week.

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on October 27, 2020, 03:57:06 PM

You didn't ask me a question but semantics.   Millions of GP appointments have been missed that is a fact.  A million cancer screening for breast cancer in the UK have been missed, cancer treatment is being missed for category one and category two patients but your da got treatment and your daughter saw a doctor so to hell with everyone else right?

Hysterics man, GP's are triaging via telephone (the way a good few practices have done for years) and if people do need to be seen they are being seen onsite. Scripts are still being processed etc.

Give the Internet, social media and the news a by ball for a few weeks. We're close to having a repeat of Michael Douglas in Falling Down

It's looking increasingly likely the needy, vulnerable and front liners will have a vaccine by mid-December. Science looks to have come good, who'd have thought?

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on October 27, 2020, 04:11:42 PM

Hysterics man, GP's are triaging via telephone (the way a good few practices have done for years) and if people do need to be seen they are being seen onsite. Scripts are still being processed etc.

Give the Internet, social media and the news a by ball for a few weeks. We're close to having a repeat of Michael Douglas in Falling Down

It's looking increasingly likely the needy, vulnerable and front liners will have a vaccine by mid-December. Science looks to have come good, who'd have thought?

That's a bit pre-emptive.

It's not like we've had vaccines before that had devastating health side effects.........

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Angelo on October 27, 2020, 03:54:35 PM

If we've known of the shortage on the NHS for years then why haven't we fixed it? That's the biggest problem.

Covid is not the only show in town. I think the approach we should take is the one that causes the least unnecessary loss of life and least long-lasting consequences. I think Covid tunnel vision is doing more harm that it is preventing. You might have a different opinion but time will tell.

I've never really understood this soundbite.

Of course, in the first few months after the emergence of the virus a lot of stuff was cancelled out of caution. But that seems to be happening less frequently now that more about risk is understood.

The main issue right now seems to be that other services are suffering because resources are re-routed to deal with hospitalised COVID patients.

But these COVID patients are seriously ill. Many will die without immediate hospital treatment. So what option is there other than to use your resources to treat them?

We can't turn away from hospitals people struggling to breath - "Sorry mate, COVID quota maxed out for the day. Morgue is floor two on your way down."
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Rossfan

As we tried to explain to the let it rip/anti lockdown thickos
Less cases of Covid =Less Covid sufferers in Hospitals = more time and space to deal with other diseases.

Simple to 99.98% of people.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

You keep saying millions and we only have 1.4 million here up North, I'm giving you two examples that are real, but hey ho.. Have you those links to the  suicides numbers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 27, 2020, 04:20:17 PM

I've never really understood this soundbite.

Of course, in the first few months after the emergence of the virus a lot of stuff was cancelled out of caution. But that seems to be happening less frequently now that more about risk is understood.

The main issue right now seems to be that other services are suffering because resources are re-routed to deal with hospitalised COVID patients.

But these COVID patients are seriously ill. Many will die without immediate hospital treatment. So what option is there other than to use your resources to treat them?

We can't turn away from hospitals people struggling to breath - "Sorry mate, COVID quota maxed out for the day. Morgue is floor two on your way down."

Because every decision is made for Covid.

With lockdown and excessive restrictions, what concern is given to people's jobs, small business owners, people with mental health issues, care services for people with mental and physical disabilities, people in danger of physical and sexual abuse in their residence, supports for addicts in recovery etc. not to mention just the general social and mental wellbeing of the general population. You'd have to be an extremely, extremely stupid person to argue that all these issues haven't been pushed aside in a attempt to deal with Covid.

And for me putting these issues to one side creates a lot more problems than Covid would at this point. The data will return on suicides, domestic violence, addict relapses in time - I just hope those who advocated putting Covid ahead of eveything else and made accountable for potential rises if they occur.

Milltown Row2

Because there is no money and successive gov have let it go this way

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 27, 2020, 03:59:27 PM

So you have no empathy for mental health sufferers or the abused, do you have the same attitude to rape, they could have just walked away, or covered up a bit more?

Rape! WTF man you are on a roll. Must be on the whacky

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 04:53:37 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 27, 2020, 03:59:27 PM

Rape! WTF man you are on a roll. Must be on the whacky

Wow