China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 15, 2020, 12:44:22 PM
Here's some experts saying something that contradicts what other experts are saying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/10/14/the-great-barrington-declaration-herd-immunity-strategies-for-coronavirus-overlook-8-problems/#4fb2b9b0bf70
The so called "Great Barrington Declaration" is a piece of right-wing political propaganda funded by a crazy libertarian think tank

The Covid equivalent of paid climate change denialism

The article you link to actually takes it apart piece by piece, which I don't think was your intention

You'd be better off not cogging your ideas from the loonies on thefreekick.com

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 15, 2020, 12:56:27 PM
Here's some experts saying something that contradicts what other experts are saying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/10/14/the-great-barrington-declaration-herd-immunity-strategies-for-coronavirus-overlook-8-problems/#4fb2b9b0bf70
The so called "Great Barrington Declaration" is a piece of right-wing political propaganda funded by a crazy libertarian think tank

The article you link to actually takes it apart piece by piece, which I don't think was your intention

Whatever but these people are so called "experts" so using "experts" to suit your agenda and ignoring "experts" because they don't suit your agenda is contradictory. And there is wide division between experts, everything is speculated.

We don't know enough about Covid yet, we are going to find out up north in the next 5/6 weeks about whether we can live with this, the cases are there, nothing can be done about now so we wait and see how they translate to deaths and the age and health of the people they impact. The excess deaths in August/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec should be the basis on the approach we take going forward. Science is too far behind at the minute.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Franko

I don't think I've seen a poster make such a fool of themselves since trailer departed us.

But it makes great lunchtime reading - so keep up the good work young Angelo  ;D

Jeepers Creepers

'An open letter that made headlines calling for a herd immunity approach to Covid-19 lists a number of apparently fake names among its expert signatories, including "Dr Johnny Bananas" and "Professor Cominic Dummings".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 15, 2020, 01:00:23 PM

Whatever but these people are so called "experts" so using "experts" to suit your agenda and ignoring "experts" because they don't suit your agenda is contradictory. And there is wide division between experts, everything is speculated.

We don't know enough about Covid yet, we are going to find out up north in the next 5/6 weeks about whether we can live with this, the cases are there, nothing can be done about now so we wait and see how they translate to deaths and the age and health of the people they impact. The excess deaths in August/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec should be the basis on the approach we take going forward. Science is too far behind at the minute.

After about a thousand posts on it you come across as you know a lot about it  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 15, 2020, 01:02:48 PM

'An open letter that made headlines calling for a herd immunity approach to Covid-19 lists a number of apparently fake names among its expert signatories, including "Dr Johnny Bananas" and "Professor Cominic Dummings".
Dr. Ulick Magee, Professor of Public Health at Barstools College, Carigstown is a signatory

Good to see the leading Irish experts on board

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2020, 12:54:18 PM
And you know this?

as you said we'd need a proper effort in tracing before you can get to the bottom of this.

Not every household is going to the pub, or have anyone within their house has been in contact with someone that has been to the pub, they'd probably have a lot of contact with people that have been to the shops or at school/uni and other places that are not pub related..

I've been to the pub once since they opened and the restaurants a few times over all... they ain't busy

I don't know this although I have heard the medical people say this. But if you get it in school it is much more likely to identified, if Jimmy gets Covid and rings the school to tell them then they'll also know that Johnny in his class who sits beside him has Covid and the connection will be made.

Of course you can get Covid in shops, but being in and out is safer than than sitting there for several hours.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Franko on October 15, 2020, 01:01:55 PM
I don't think I've seen a poster make such a fool of themselves since trailer departed us.

But it makes great lunchtime reading - so keep up the good work young Angelo  ;D

i disagree, its horrible reading and ruining this thread.

Angelo

You're the blowhard who was making definitive claims about Covid when it is impossible to make that kind of judgement on Covid.

Don't be embarrassed now because I set your straight.

Angelo

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 15, 2020, 01:02:48 PM

From people who are classified as experts.

Unless you are saying we shouldn't be listening to Professors of medicine and epidemiology  from prestigious universities?

I don't know whether they are right or wrong but it's great to see a few blowhards on the internet seem to think they know better.

Off to the WHO with you so and solve it for us.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2020, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 15, 2020, 01:00:23 PM

After about a thousand posts on it you come across as you know a lot about it  ;D

On the contrary, all I've done on this thread is challenged people who know nothing about the virus making outlandish claims about the virus.

I've repeated time and time again we know very little about it and the next 5/6 weeks will be telling on what data is returned on this second wave.

The one sure thing we know is that lockdown and excessive restrictions have and will cause severe economic and societal problems and this kind of lockdown we have must be the last we enter if the data returned from the second wave is much more positive than the first.

Time will tell us that, not a few blowhards on an internet forum.

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on October 15, 2020, 01:17:47 PM
On the contrary, all I've done on this thread is challenged people who know nothing about the virus making outlandish claims about the virus.

I've repeated time and time again we know very little about it and the next 5/6 weeks will be telling on what data is returned on this second wave.

The one sure thing we know is that lockdown and excessive restrictions have and will cause severe economic and societal problems and this kind of lockdown we have must be the last we enter if the data returned from the second wave is much more positive than the first.

You've shown that you know nothing about it and are very resistant to being provided with information.
You must have been vaccinated against education.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on October 15, 2020, 01:25:32 PM

You've shown that you know nothing about it and are very resistant to being provided with information.

Incorrect.

I have stated that all the expert blowhards on here who are making definitive conclusions about Covid know as little as the rest of us.

That hasn't set well with them and their narrative.

What do you know about it for starters? Nothing.

Thanks for your input.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 15, 2020, 01:11:53 PM

You're the blowhard who was making definitive claims about Covid when it is impossible to make that kind of judgement on Covid.

Don't be embarrassed now because I set your straight.

Lol

It doesn't surprise me that you find such a simple task impossible.

But by all means keep trying.  It's great telly.

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on October 15, 2020, 01:25:32 PM

Armaghniac your feelings on Covid are so desperately loaded towards a doomsday scenario, that you're incapable of being objective in any discussion of the subject. For you to attack anyone as "knowing nothing about it" is incredulous, as you simply refuse to consider that the virus may not be a global killer., and will  refuse to read or consider any evidence against your preordained thought channel.