Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 09:57:45 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 04, 2020, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 09:41:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 09:25:44 PM
Who's paying for it? If we close business's down then who'll pay the mortgage or food bills?
You just go skint and be happy that you are Covid free. All the while your young lad comes in from school everyday where he has been sitting cheek by jowl with maybe 100 others.

And my wife will bring it back! I've one job to do in the house, so if I've a 3 week break I'll get it done!
Your wife will be fine as long as she follows the guidelines. She shouldn't be within 2m of her pupils for more than 15 minutes. It takes much longer than that to catch it.

What about the classroom assistants/SNAs such as my wife who work in autism units? Assigned to particular children for the day, different days. I understand where you're coming from with regards the teaching aspect of school, but the special needs children seem to be 'forgotten' about. Or the SNAs have.

Not getting at you in particular hardstation. Just putting it out there as to what they deal with on a daily basis.

Apologies, I was being ironic. The school setting for all staff & pupils is chancy as fcuk imo.

No problem.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rudi

Complete fixation on one problem (yes it's a major problem) & let everything else go to pot. Healthcare in this country is at an all time low, people are dying and will die for the want of diagnosis & treatment of illnesses unrelated to covid ie cancers, sepsis, heart disease, mental health etc.
Economic activity, people are losing livelihoods and self esteem that goes with that, not everybody has a handy public sector number.
In the north west of our island the numbers increased primarily due to communion parties & trafficking of poor unfortunate women for prostitution.
The country doesn't need a lockdown its needs people to cop on. Do the basic Nephet recommendations. The whole nature of human trafficking needs to be looked at urgently by the cops, it's a human tragedy satisfying a disgusting market.

BennyCake

The reason we're all heading for a lockdown is precisely that: people didn't cop on.

So, suck it up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 10:51:10 PM
The reason we're all heading for a lockdown is precisely that: people didn't cop on.

So, suck it up.

Why should I lose out cause of the stupid Cnuts out there?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

you could argue that people will suffer mental health issues if there loved ones die

Eire90

cant go level 5 if northern ireland does not do same

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 10:54:41 PM

So, suck it up.

We're all losing out, MR.

Eire90

its not total lockdown you can exercise 2km from home or something.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 11:00:41 PM

So, suck it up.

So I'll ask again, why should I lose out? I'm following guidelines. Who's going to pay my wages?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:11:56 PM
Have you lost your wages?

If there is a lockdown and no furloughed pay yes I'll lose wages.

Smurfy123

Eire why can't we lockdown if the wee 6 dont?

What did the last lockdown achieve? Before anyone says it saved lives prove it?

Lockdown for a month reopen and cases will be up again by the end of November

And repeat

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 11:13:09 PM

So, no. You're getting ahead of yourself.

I am but I can see that happening, and because of other people's attitude I might lose out.

mackers

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 11:13:09 PM

So, no. You're getting ahead of yourself. Although, you look likely to lose the referee wages. ;D
Do you know something that the rest of us don't? Is the furlough scheme not ending at the end of the month? I think MR2 is right to take offence at people using terms like suck it up when people's livelihoods are at stake
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 11:00:41 PM

So, suck it up.

So I'll ask again, why should I lose out? I'm following guidelines. Who's going to pay my wages?

I'm following them too. But thousands aren't. But what's the alternative? Open everything up and allow people to do anything they want?

The government should pay wages because it's their failures to put in proper powers in place to help control this. Everyone could see weeks and weeks ago that many people didn't give a f**k and were following no guidelines.

"Ah come on now lads, don't be doing that now" talk was never going to work.Heavy, on the spot fines for breach of rules needed to be introduced but they weren't. Now look where we are.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 04, 2020, 11:15:13 PM
What did the last lockdown achieve? Before anyone says it saved lives prove it?

I'm not sure what evidence could be produced that would ever satisfy you.

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 04, 2020, 11:15:13 PMLockdown for a month reopen and cases will be up again by the end of November
And repeat

If there is no lockdown, eventually you reach a point where there are no ICU beds left and case mortality rates jump toward the kind of levels seen in Italy earlier in the year.

The governments have no real alternative - that must be prevented at all costs.
i usse an speelchekor