Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 12:14:11 AM
Nobody mentioned pubs or schools
We are talking about lockdown here
The north lockdown happened before the south
You really need to get your facts right before posting

All education was shut down in the south. Pubs were shut. People had to stay at home to look after their kids.

Yes, I suppose you are correct in that a literal legal lockdown was enacted one day later in the South, but all actions preceding that resulted in a virtual lockdown in the ROI weeks before NI - parents were not going to work because their children were not at school.

And you are standing there wondering why the ROI is ahead of NI?
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

You need to get your facts straight before posting radiogaagaa ;D

Franko

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 25, 2020, 06:09:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 25, 2020, 05:42:06 PM
I know it's big business in Twitter world but does anyone really give a shit about it ?

People are pissed off, it's a free hit. I don't really know the ins and outs of it but I do know he has an autistic child. I mean if your going to break rules, don't get caught....especially if you made them, but all things considered, he's more guilty of being foolish than anything overly terrible.

The amazing thing is Boris is universally hated by all now, but just months ago he smashed the Labour Party to pieces. He knows he's untouchable.

Except he doesn't.  The tweet that started the whole autism thing was released from a far right account which has since been deleted.

Smurfy123

With all due respect to anyone sitting exams it's the deaths tat I worry about
And if you listened to any news outlets you willl be aware that the leadership of Peter Weir during this has been a shambles. Only last week he released his plans. 9 weeks it took him to release some info and that info was a phased return in August. Sweet Jesus my 3 year old could have done that. Let's be innovative Mr Weir

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 26, 2020, 07:07:27 AM
You need to get your facts straight before posting radiogaagaa ;D

True true... I'll take a page out of Smurfs book...

I see R0 in Germany is now at 2 and the Danes are going to close their schools again.

[This posting up shite with no links is easy. I can make any old crap up.]
i usse an speelchekor

Rudi

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2020, 09:18:17 AM
I take it there is a nailed down plan in place for school re-opening in the south?

Varadkar discussed that at his picnic in the Phoenix the other day  ;D working lunch.

Smurfy123

The German r number isn't at 2
Take a look at the death and new case numbers
So you are saying Varadkar can't go for a picnic?
Well I'm unsure of the south's plan for return of schools but I'm pretty sure it will be better than a phased return in August September. A 3 year old could do that

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Franko on May 26, 2020, 08:41:12 AM
I know it's big business in Twitter world but does anyone really give a shit about it ?

People are pissed off, it's a free hit. I don't really know the ins and outs of it but I do know he has an autistic child. I mean if your going to break rules, don't get caught....especially if you made them, but all things considered, he's more guilty of being foolish than anything overly terrible.

The amazing thing is Boris is universally hated by all now, but just months ago he smashed the Labour Party to pieces. He knows he's untouchable.

Except he doesn't.  The tweet that started the whole autism thing was released from a far right account which has since been deleted.

Well I mean it's kinda irrelevant anyway. All things being equal, no political slant. He made an error of judgement as a parent. I wouldn't be for throwing the man to the wolves over that. If there are further proven allegations, that's different obviously.

His attitude and lack of even faux remorse will eventually see his downfall anyway.

**Edit, just seen some Junior Minister resign over the situation, could change it if there is a domino effect.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 26, 2020, 09:57:26 AMHe made an error of judgement as a parent. I wouldn't be for throwing the man to the wolves over that.

Nah, sorry, not having that.

If it were Dominic Pleb and the wife & child who made the same journey, he'd be happy enough seeing them prosecuted.

People the length of the country were facing those difficult decisions, indeed, some facing far more difficult decisions.
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 26, 2020, 10:12:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 26, 2020, 09:57:26 AMHe made an error of judgement as a parent. I wouldn't be for throwing the man to the wolves over that.

Nah, sorry, not having that.

If it were Dominic Pleb and the wife & child who made the same journey, he'd be happy enough seeing them prosecuted.

People the length of the country were facing those difficult decisions, indeed, some facing far more difficult decisions.

No argument really, it's up to each person what they think of it. Just my own opinion, he's been caught doing what he shouldn't have. Is it a sack-able error (the one trip, under the explained circumstances)? Not for me, considering what we've seen other politicians do and get away with, but I can see why others would be of a differing opinion at the same time too.

Boris is fairly untouchable, he doesn't want him to go so I don't really see him going personally. But there is no doubt, anymore leaks or revelations he's in trouble.

five points

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 12:06:32 AM
Get your facts right.
The south of Ireland went into lockdown a day later

Five days later. Saturday 28 March.

sid waddell

Quote from: Estimator on May 25, 2020, 08:27:11 PM

Seen this mentioned on twitter a lot over the last few days, but cannot find any material sources regarding this. Is it just twitter journalism that has become truth?
Maybe the "autistic child" is a reference to Boris Johnson?

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2020, 09:18:17 AM
I take it there is a nailed down plan in place for school re-opening in the south?

reintroduce the scoil chois claĆ­.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maroon Manc

Ireland are 11th in the list of deaths per million, don't think there should be any back slapping.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 26, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
Ireland are 11th in the list of deaths per million, don't think there should be any back slapping.

In this morbid competition it's better to be doing better than the north of the island though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea