China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Be genuine I would have thought.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 11, 2020, 09:52:29 AM
Testing costs money. I doubt tracing will ever happen here. Which is sad when you look at how some of the Asian Countries who could be bothered got on with it.

Even more sad when you consider the amount of civil servants there are per head here.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 11:09:12 AM
2 different articles in the Irish News today about ROI Government and their attitude to NI. 'Taoiseach accused of paying lip service to agreement between the 2 Governments' & 'Dublin socially distancing from North long before Coronavirus'.

What is the point trying to work with the unworkable.

Between SF having to run things past the provos and the DUP having to run things past the UDA - which leads to overnight U turns - what the fukk would be the point?
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 12:24:29 PM
Be genuine I would have thought.

What part of Stormont is genuine?
i usse an speelchekor

bennydorano

I'm guessing a lot of people are missing the irony of NI not following an All Ireland approach when it's been neutered / sabotaged from the very start by the Leo's approach.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 01:39:41 PM
I'm guessing a lot of people are missing the irony of NI not following an All Ireland approach when it's been neutered / sabotaged from the very start by the Leo's approach.

Stop spouting nonsense. There is nothing stopping NI from following Leo's approach except bigotry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 11, 2020, 01:06:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 11:09:12 AM
2 different articles in the Irish News today about ROI Government and their attitude to NI. 'Taoiseach accused of paying lip service to agreement between the 2 Governments' & 'Dublin socially distancing from North long before Coronavirus'.

What is the point trying to work with the unworkable.

Between SF having to run things past the provos and the DUP having to run things past the UDA - which leads to overnight U turns - what the fukk would be the point?

Am I right in saying your against cross border policies, bodies etc?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2020, 02:08:14 PM

No. This has a time pressure that normal cross-border politics doesn't. Burning hours for no progress is begrudgingly accepted in politics.

Days spent fukking around with neanderthals and their caveman politics before being able to change measures as far as Coronavirus is concerned can make a big difference when every hour counts.
i usse an speelchekor

trueblue1234

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 11, 2020, 02:25:07 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2020, 02:08:14 PM

No. This has a time pressure that normal cross-border politics doesn't. Burning hours for no progress is begrudgingly accepted in politics.

Days spent fukking around with neanderthals and their caveman politics before being able to change measures as far as Coronavirus is concerned can make a big difference when every hour counts.

It doesn't take much time to give the NI a separate update before going public, We're the only other "Country" with a land border. Unless we're a complete irrelevance of course.

*I don't argue the caveman and neanderthals comment.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2020, 01:45:08 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 01:39:41 PM

Stop spouting nonsense. There is nothing stopping NI from following Leo's approach except bigotry.
You're very fond of the blame the Prods line, tiresome & pointless. Also, maybe try and stop missing the actual point - read Michelle O'Neill's recent comments.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 03:22:33 PM
You're very fond of the blame the Prods line, tiresome & pointless. Also, maybe try and stop missing the actual point - read Michelle O'Neill's recent comments.

Michelle O'Neill slated health minister Robin Swann over a decision to follow Whitehall's lead in abandoning community testing in March and I fully agree with her.
Michelle O'Neill said, a couple of days ago,  there should be a regular programme of testing for all residents and staff in residential homes and "no stone must be left unturned in supporting care homes right now". This now seems to be happening but this should have been done a fortnight ago.

You explain to me why it was not done then, if it not unionists following Boris. 

bennydorano

Yeah, you're not replying to the actual point I've made tho, go and buy/ read today's Irish News or read up on what she's been saying about Leo.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 04:15:44 PM
Yeah, you're not replying to the actual point I've made tho, go and buy/ read today's Irish News or read up on what she's been saying about Leo.

Likely she is having a go at Leo because he was nasty to Mary-Lou. Leo might be a bollix, but that doesn't mean his Covid19 policy is wrong.
O'Neill should look at her own administration.

michaelg