Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: David McKeown on March 19, 2020, 04:13:24 PM
Quote from: five points on March 19, 2020, 03:46:04 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2020, 03:40:16 PM
What happens in the scenario where someone does die from it? Are the family even allowed near them? The funeral unrelated to the virus is a bad situation but I don't even know the logistics of the death or the funeral of someone who dies from it. It can't be good.

In fact I really don't even want to think about it :(

As i understand it...
Closed coffin containing bodybag.
Private funeral.

Really I had understood the virus couldn't survive the death of the host for lack of a better term and therefore provided there was a closed coffin then the only bar to a normal funeral was social distancing rules and any self isolation that has to occur because of contact between the family members and the deceased whilst they were alive.

In Italy military trucks are driving the dead straight from the morgue to be cremated.

johnnycool

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 19, 2020, 04:16:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2020, 03:59:30 PM
China needs low new infection rates to look credible.

The UK had 71 deaths yesterday. CMO said 55000 true cases. Ratio.is c 1: 800

Best to stop apply blanket numbers across the board and assuming everything else is equal.

As of 9th March, estimates were that China carried out ~2800 tests per million people. The UK? Less than 350 per million.

So which country do you think is likely to have the highest ratio of unknown cases?

Brits relying heavily on mathematical models to attempt to calculate the number of cases which I think is where the 55,000 number comes from.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-chief-medical-adviser-50000-cases/

I think they decided on the wrong numbers for hospital admittance's requiring ICU treatment already so credibility is lacking a little bit in Sir Patrick and his team at the minute.

The 20,000 to 250,000 dead is quite scary at either end of the scale.......

Eamonnca1

Cunny Funt

Rois

O'Neills factory closing temporarily and laying staff off til May.

Devastating effect in Strabane and surrounding areas. 

Mourne Red

Quote from: Rois on March 19, 2020, 05:14:16 PM
O'Neills factory closing temporarily and laying staff off til May.

Devastating effect in Strabane and surrounding areas.

Disgusting decision, they are getting a business rates holiday and grants (Loan packages I know are not great but I'm sure they could pay them back giving how much they earn). Could have at least waited the week to see how workers pay is going to be saved by UK gov.

Rossfan

191 new cases in the 26 today.
Expected to rise substantially in the coming days as testing increases ( and Cheltenham/Spanish holiday people come down with it).
Only aware of 2 cases myself  - 1 a member of Ming's family (announced by himself) and a buck who went to Cheltenham.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2020, 06:49:36 PM
Expected to rise substantially in the coming days as testing increases ( and Cheltenham/Spanish holiday people come down with it).
Only aware of 2 cases myself  - 1 a member of Ming's family (announced by himself) and a buck who went to Cheltenham.

With the county taking better measures that England the numbers don't add up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2020, 06:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2020, 06:49:36 PM

With the county taking better measures that England the numbers don't add up

3300 in uk and much better testing in Ireland

Itchy

We are testing like f**k. The majority catching it in Ireland are between 30 and 45 so old people are clearly heading advice better than any. Numbers making sense to me.

JimStynes

So schools are staying open then?

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2020, 02:04:32 PM
Attended a family funeral this morning. No funeral home, no visitors, no hand shaking, 15 people in the church, 15 people at the grave. Tissues, sanitisers, gloves everywhere. No after drinks or meal. Family now all sitting in their own houses on their own wondering what to do with themselves. Just a very sad and bizarre occasion.
That sounds terrible, Itchy. The poor family.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0319/1124202-jobs-coronavirus/

The Minister for Social Protection has acknowledged that as many as 400,000 people could lose their jobs here as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak.

Regina Doherty said that last week the first industry her department had looked at was hospitality, where 140,000 are employed.

But she said a further 54,000 people work in accommodation and 200,000 in retail and these are just the obvious industries that will be affected.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 18, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
The UK have 104 deaths as of today.  If we / they are tracking at the same rate as Italy the number tomorrow should be approx 145.
Will be interesting to see.
144!