All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

If Mayo don't win, the best possible result for the sport is Dublin flaking them. It would mean even the most cross-eyed observer couldn't ignore the imbalance Dublin have created if they win an AI by hammering every single team they faced.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on September 07, 2017, 09:08:52 PM
If Mayo don't win, the best possible result for the sport is Dublin flaking them. It would mean even the most cross-eyed observer couldn't ignore the imbalance Dublin have created if they win an AI by hammering every single team they faced.
Mayo getting hammered will mean they didn't turn up for the final or got their tactics badly wrong. Every observer including the ones cross-eyed will want to see a close competitive All Ireland final.

INDIANA

You could split us in 6 Syferus. Roscommon will still never beat us

Mayoffs

A very low key build up so far. Heard some head case on MWR giving out that there's not enough flags or fanfare going on, he either has a very short memory or has gone insane. Was saying there's not enough song's, well I nominate this song as our anthem for the final.......
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ae-LhMIG0

Tomás Ó Sé commented on the Sunday Game that our players were ravenous against Kerry. Well they'll have to play like starved, haven't eaten in months, raving lunatic animals on Sunday week to beat the Dubs, and I think they will. Fingers crossed.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Syferus

Quote from: Mayoffs on September 07, 2017, 09:56:11 PM
A very low key build up so far. Heard some head case on MWR giving out that there's not enough flags or fanfare going on, he either has a very short memory or has gone insane. Was saying there's not enough song's, well I nominate this song as our anthem for the final.......

Tomás Ó Sé commented on the Sunday Game that our players were ravenous against Kerry. Well they'll have to play like starved, haven't eaten in months, raving lunatic animals on Sunday fortnight to beat the Dubs, and I think they will. Fingers crossed.

There is no such thing as a low-key AI build up in Mayo. Every time supporters come here trying to potray it as such and come AI week the whole county is drooling at the mouth. Embrace it rather than seeing genuine excitement as a bad thing or a hinderance.

Can't stand the stiff upper lip shite - sport is an escape from real life, not a conduit for it.

Mayoffs

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2017, 11:25:00 PM
No he has it up his behind as usual.

The quaility of your posts has really regressed since KMcS made you look foolish in July. Crisis of confidence?

Rossfan

What a nonsensical comment.
K McStay doesn't even know I exist but the team he manages made me very happy in July.

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 07, 2017, 09:46:08 PM
Mayo getting hammered will mean they didn't turn up for the final or got their tactics badly wrong. Every observer including the ones cross-eyed will want to see a close competitive All Ireland final.

They might get close and competitive to an extent. For Mayo, the reality is, we've messed up better chances. Including last year. Even though we've put 3 good games together and have been arguably as good as we've been in those games as any since Horan took over. However, there is so much stacked against a Mayo win, you just have to despair. Our kickout strategy and execution is improving but Dublin's is better. Dublin keep possession better and rarely turn over  - teams are still guaranteed easy scores from our errors in possession. Likes of Fenton and Kilkenny can slow down and dictate things when needed - we can't. That's before you look at cavalry off the bench. There is a 5-10 point swing there.
I was optimistic about Kerry (not confident) and gave us a 50/50 chance  - all going well. which it didn't but we got there. I'm only hopeful here. Maybe 20/80 or even 10/90. 

Ball Hopper

Tomás Ó Sé commented on the Sunday Game that our players were ravenous against Kerry. Well they'll have to play like starved, haven't eaten in months, raving lunatic animals on Sunday fortnight to beat the Dubs, and I think they will. Fingers crossed.

Fearonesque error there...

omaghjoe

Maybe Del Amitri could pen one for yis with a similar theme to this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOJAf2PXwS8

Mayoffs

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 08, 2017, 06:15:10 AM

Maybe Del Amitri could pen one for yis with a similar theme to this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOJAf2PXwS8

Had a good laugh at that one, how bad were Scotland in '98 to warrant such negativity in the run up to a world cup?

An Watcher

I always look forward to all Ireland final day but I really can't be bothered this year.  Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.  Things have gone a bit stale with the Dubs and to a lesser extent mayo.

Rossfan

Quote from: An Watcher on September 08, 2017, 11:42:02 AM
I always look forward to all Ireland final day but I really can't be bothered this year. 
Same here. The excitement has gone out of it.
Don't know when I last watched a full Dublin game on TV apart from their 4 jousts with Mayowestros over the last 2 years.
Sad when I want a Rhubarb win to save football.