Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

paddyjohn

I've listened to Brollys Podcasts, how much of what he says is true? He's a complete ganch

Real Talk

Have to say we would have struggled to win an All Ireland in 93 without him .... after that I'm happy to read about / listen to him .... don't take him too serious .... he's mostly brings good entertainment value to a lot of stoic non-intelligent public debate on any subject and YES Joe loves to be the centre of attraction ...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: markl121 on August 02, 2023, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 07:08:33 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 02, 2023, 06:58:50 PM
O'Rourke and, Spillane jibbed Brolly a few weeks bck about managing a team, say would someone give him a £150k and he would. Now he looking a job in politics on half the pay. Lad starting to becoming the biggest attention seeker. Away from football, he went down alot in my estimation when he provided legal assistance for Winston Irvine. What politically group would take him, Not Sinn Fein or the, SDLP.
Not even Aontú. The revisionist picture he is painting more frequently now relating to the troubles and some areas within the county is particularly worrying. As is the fact he is 'believed' by the media without any real evidence being given. Almost as if inuendo is the new truth.
Is he related to any of the brollys in aontu at the minute?

Son of one of the founder members
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Wildweasel74

The other brolly not related to him.

theticklemister

What game is shown live on the website this weekend?

InnocentByStander

O'Rourke and, Spillane jibbed Brolly a few weeks bck about managing a team, say would someone give him a £150k and he would. Now he looking a job in politics on half the pay. Lad starting to becoming the biggest attention seeker. Away from football, he went down alot in my estimation when he provided legal assistance for Winston Irvine. What politically group would take him, Not Sinn Fein or the, SDLP.
Not even Aontú. The revisionist picture he is painting more frequently now relating to the troubles and some areas within the county is particularly worrying. As is the fact he is 'believed' by the media without any real evidence being given. Almost as if inuendo is the new truth.

When you actually listen to the podcast he doesn't come out and say he would like to get into politics, it is a politics podcast and the host was asking him about his ma and da being in SF and he was put on the spot and asked would he ever be interested in running and he basically said if someone came to him he would probably give it a go but he doesn't think he could stick to party guidelines etc

theticklemister

Quote from: theticklemister on August 03, 2023, 12:27:13 PM
What game is shown live on the website this weekend?

Just seen that games in early stages of championship are not shown live.

Derryman forever

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 03, 2023, 01:23:23 PM

When you actually listen to the podcast he doesn't come out and say he would like to get into politics, it is a politics podcast and the host was asking him about his ma and da being in SF and he was put on the spot and asked would he ever be interested in running and he basically said if someone came to him he would probably give it a go but he doesn't think he could stick to party guidelines etc

We should be thankful for small mercies then.o

restorepride

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 03, 2023, 01:23:23 PM

Really?!!  He could have said NO.  But no show like a Joe Show. 

Exhibit 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxa4actOBQ

By the way,  "I'm definitely not crying" translates as "very soon I will turn on the tears to make you believe that what I am saying is true." 

Give me the honest endeavour of Conor Glass any day.

Knock Yer Mucker In

If Glasses has a career that has given as much to Irish society as Brolly he will be a content man.
You want something done or need help, go to Brolly.

JoG2

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on August 04, 2023, 10:50:06 AM
If Glasses has a career that has given as much to Irish society as Brolly he will be a content man.

No need for Hawk Eye here it was so wide of the mark

restorepride

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on August 04, 2023, 10:50:06 AM
Maybe he should go in to politics. 

Wildweasel74

They taking money at the gate today for championship games or online, just see the season ticket on the website. Presume games a tenner if not using a season ticket?

lenny

Quote from: restorepride on August 05, 2023, 09:30:29 AM
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/joe-brolly-shane-mcguigan-dublin-derry-gaa-566215

Anyone with half a brain knows the comments from brolly re mcguigan were ridiculous. He only makes that type of controversial comment to keep his profile up and have people talking about him. The pathetic thing is every time Shane has even a mediocre game over the next season or 2 brolly will be saying that proves him right. Shane is a special player, probably one of the best forwards Derry have ever had. If we had one or 2 more forwards close to his calibre we'd be in great shape for an AI.