10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

redzone

Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 10:09:51 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on June 25, 2023, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 08:14:16 PM
Mayo the strongest of the 4 on that side, Tyrone not wana be getting smoked by Kerry or Dublin. If we play Tyrone, we beat them. We a better team outsude if their 2 corner forwards. Still think we draw Cork.

Tyrone are a better team in every line except for the half back line
Lines are really important now - especially the yellow line down McCurry's jersey.
Not even remotely witty

redzone

Speaking of lines any word from ure man

restorepride

Quote from: redzone on June 25, 2023, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 10:09:51 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on June 25, 2023, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 08:14:16 PM
Mayo the strongest of the 4 on that side, Tyrone not wana be getting smoked by Kerry or Dublin. If we play Tyrone, we beat them. We a better team outsude if their 2 corner forwards. Still think we draw Cork.

Tyrone are a better team in every line except for the half back line
Lines are really important now - especially the yellow line down McCurry's jersey.
Not even remotely witty
Wasn't meant to be - just true.

restorepride

Quote from: redzone on June 25, 2023, 10:56:49 PM
Speaking of lines any word from ure man
There are Tyrone threads.

jmcgdoire

I expect a similar QF to last year. Blow them out of the water early and cruise to a semi.
Cork have already overachieved now and could be caught out
Not to get ahead of ourselves but if thats the case, Derry could struggle in a semifinal again after not being REALLY tested until that point

Lucifer

Do you realise the Ulster Final went to penalties and you drew with Monaghan?

tbrick18

Best draw Derry could have got at this stage.
Cork have improved a fair bit since we played them in the league.
I reckon we are at the same level as we were back then....so I think this will be a closer tougher game than people think.
Derry should win, but I wouldn't expect it to be easy.
Happy to avoid Mayo tbh.

markl121

Quote from: jmcgdoire on June 26, 2023, 09:15:05 AM
I expect a similar QF to last year. Blow them out of the water early and cruise to a semi.
Cork have already overachieved now and could be caught out
Not to get ahead of ourselves but if thats the case, Derry could struggle in a semifinal again after not being REALLY tested until that point
Monaghan and armagh tested us alright 😂

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 26, 2023, 09:31:49 AM
I reckon we are at the same level as we were back then....so I think this will be a closer tougher game than people think.
Happy to avoid Mayo tbh.

agreed best draw for sure.
Derry didn't have McFaul when we played them in league though.
He'll be the difference.
Derry 4 Sam sur!

lenny

Happy to avoid Mayo tbh.

Totally agree. Mayo were the team to avoid out of who we could've got. Cork will be tough, as they've improved significantly and have momentum, but it's a winnable game. It should be a real physical battle also so if we come through it will be better preparation for a semi than last years qf.

onefineday

Quote from: lenny on June 26, 2023, 11:27:20 AM
Happy to avoid Mayo tbh.

Totally agree. Mayo were the team to avoid out of who we could've got. Cork will be tough, as they've improved significantly and have momentum, but it's a winnable game. It should be a real physical battle also so if we come through it will be better preparation for a semi than last years qf.
The quarter final last year was a great confidence builder, Derry were not undercooked going into the semi. They'd just about bested Donegal and had a real battle vs Monaghan too.
They lost because Galway got their tactics spot on (not to mention the gaa/ref making up new rules around Hawkeye) and comer came good.
This will be a tough game and it may not be any easier than mayo would have been - in a way I wanted mayo as we'd have been under no illusions about how tough that would be.
Kerry just about scraped by against cork and they've just beaten mayo and Roscommon in succession, no easy games in the most open championship I can remember.

WT4E

Heard Gallagher still secretly involved in the Derry team. Unbelievable. You can bate the u know what but u cant bate the rub 4 Sam.

quit yo jibbajabba

Knockout football sure brings out the special ones

quit yo jibbajabba

Derry Cork the only QF not to have its own thread yet. We're lazy basturts 😂😃