Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2024, 09:15:54 AMUtd should have won the game 10-0. some poor finishing. Onana with yet another mistake to allow them back into the game.
The mistake for the first Utd goal from the Luton player. Christ almighty. If one of the under 14s did that in soccer you'd never play him again. How some of these players get to this level is beyond me.

Maguire made a similar mistake but just about got away without it ending in a goal!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2024, 09:15:54 AMUtd should have won the game 10-0. some poor finishing. Onana with yet another mistake to allow them back into the game.
The mistake for the first Utd goal from the Luton player. Christ almighty. If one of the under 14s did that in soccer you'd never play him again. How some of these players get to this level is beyond me.

He's made plenty of mistakes in his debut season but I wouldn't mark that down as one.

It was deflected cross off Maguire and fell basically on the head of Carlton Morris.  Onana did as most keepers would do, made himself big in an effort to stop it. Shaw should have reacted better then again Shaw should never have started and will likely miss a number of weeks of action now while his replacement at left back will be a centre back Lindelof, along with Martinez out that's a far from ideal situation for the upcoming games.

nrico2006

No mistake from Onana yesterday.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 19, 2024, 03:27:31 PM

He's made plenty of mistakes in his debut season but I wouldn't mark that down as one.

It was deflected cross off Maguire and fell basically on the head of Carlton Morris.  Onana did as most keepers would do, made himself big in an effort to stop it. Shaw should have reacted better then again Shaw should never have started and will likely miss a number of weeks of action now while his replacement at left back will be a centre back Lindelof, along with Martinez out that's a far from ideal situation for the upcoming games.
Whats the story with that Malacia fella? Injured? Wheres AWB? Would be better playing him on the right and Dalot on the left no?

Shaw and Martinez are huge loses.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 19, 2024, 05:20:41 PMWhats the story with that Malacia fella? Injured? Wheres AWB? Would be better playing him on the right and Dalot on the left no?

Shaw and Martinez are huge loses.

A knee injury for Malacia and it required two operations. AWB got injured in training and before the Luton game Ten Hag said he was a few weeks away from returning. Getting the best out of Dalot on the right at the moment.

statto

Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2024, 09:50:23 AMSums the season up there in one performance.

Sublime to the ridiculous, difference being that previously they would have drawn or lost that type of game but they managed to get over the line. On another day it could have been a really comfortable victory but they don't see, capable of it at the moment.

In the past they used to call it winning ugly but this team doesnt seem to get that type of cover even when they win.

I think you are being very kind there has been very little sublime about United this season given the money spent, expectation and the fact that after 25 games they are finally on a goal difference of plus 1.Saying that they have been well improved since got mainoo and casemiro into midfield and eth has realised that Antony shouldn't be starting games.

nrico2006

Shaw very unreliable. Need a new left back and centre back or two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2024, 09:47:34 PMShaw very unreliable. Need a new left back and centre back or two.
Yeah very. But when he's fit he is class. Need someone that'll push him hard, just a pity Malacia is out. Martinez is missing too much as well, but don't think he's a crock like Shaw. Going to need a new centre back as Varane is getting on as well.

DuffleKing

Rashford is the biggest issue. Absolutely no work rate without the ball and so predictable with it.

snoopdog

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 20, 2024, 06:46:14 AMRashford is the biggest issue. Absolutely no work rate without the ball and so predictable with it.
Quote from: DuffleKing on February 20, 2024, 06:46:14 AMRashford will hopefully be off to PSG in the summer.

imtommygunn

I saw a video on social media of Barkley with the ball and Rashford trying to "tackle" him. It's like watching a small school child.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 20, 2024, 08:57:27 AMI saw a video on social media of Barkley with the ball and Rashford trying to "tackle" him. It's like watching a small school child.
Looked more like an oap. Taxi to Paris in the summer hopefully.

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 20, 2024, 08:57:27 AMI saw a video on social media of Barkley with the ball and Rashford trying to "tackle" him. It's like watching a small school child.

Not a tap tried. And not the first time he has been highlighted this year. Not good enough.

Does he think he's Messi and told to conserve energy for when they have the ball? If so, he would need to think about producing goals and assists.

Armagh18

Shaw out for another 2 or 3 months. Flaky **** is always injured. Pity as he's class when he's fit. Time for a replacement imo.

Cunny Funt

Not much luck with injuries this season and the main reason for such a struggle all season has been the injuries especially with the amount of defenders out. It will be uphill challenge now for top 4/5 without Shaw and Martinez for extended period of time