TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Nigel White on September 20, 2016, 08:05:47 AM
Quote from: Orior on September 20, 2016, 12:01:00 AM
Anyone see The Commute?
Saw about 3 minutes of it while searching for the remote control. Had if taken me any longer I would have put my boot through the TV to get it turned off. This must be the greatest load of sh1te ever to be broadcast. John Logie Baird must be turning in his grave.

Dear lord, embarrassing for those involved or what.

Whoever commissioned this should be taken out and shot with a ball of their own dung!

straightred

Thats S4 of Ray Donovan finished. Great series - if you haven't seen it I think you need to see it from S1. Jon Voight (Mikey) is brilliant in it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnneycool on September 20, 2016, 11:37:45 AM
Anyone see The Commute?
Saw about 3 minutes of it while searching for the remote control. Had if taken me any longer I would have put my boot through the TV to get it turned off. This must be the greatest load of sh1te ever to be broadcast. John Logie Baird must be turning in his grave.

Whoever commissioned this should be taken out and shot with a ball of their own dung!
What is it about or what is the premise of the show?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orior

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 20, 2016, 12:02:32 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 20, 2016, 11:37:45 AM
Anyone see The Commute?

What is it about or what is the premise of the show?

It shows 10 or 15 commuters as they drive to work. They are given various topics to talk about in the hope that someone says something funny. It is mildly amusing, especially if you happen to know the people.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blewuporstuffed

Jesus.
Doing my own comute is bad enough, without coming home and watching other  people do it on TV  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 20, 2016, 02:00:23 PM
Jesus.
Doing my own comute is bad enough, without coming home and watching other  people do it on TV  :-\

In fairness Carshare was a great piece of television albeit not improvised!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: straightred on September 20, 2016, 11:58:20 AM
Thats S4 of Ray Donovan finished. Great series - if you haven't seen it I think you need to see it from S1. Jon Voight (Mikey) is brilliant in it.
Great show. Mickey good craic but you wouldn't want him as your Da  :o

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 20, 2016, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 20, 2016, 11:58:20 AM
Great show. Mickey good craic but you wouldn't want him as your Da  :o

Season 4 wasn't as good as the previous 3, but still love the show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Just watched last night's "National Treasure" on Channel 4. Fantastic performances from both Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters.
Testing Accessibility

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on September 20, 2016, 05:50:57 AM
Hearing good things about a new show called 'Animal Kingdom'. Anyone ever hear of it? Maybe based on a film,

watched the first episode last night. Not sure what to think of it tbh. Will give it a couple more to see how it goes

Main Street

Quarry  new 9 part series has started. I've watched the first two episodes. Set in 1972 somewhere in Hicksville about a demobbed soldier from Vietnam  gradually being 'persuaded' into becoming a hitman by Peter Mullan. Apart from cliches and belief being stretched this way and that way and the main character painfully trudging through mud of his own making, it's got something, probably due to atmosphere from the era. The music is top class, you get scenes set in a lunchtime cafe and there just happens to be a bunch of top class musicians playing the blues in a corner space, blues with the crisp clear sound of a needle dropping onto clean vinyl.

muppet

One episode to go season 2 Marco Polo. Have to say were are enjoying it.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

The 2nd half of Season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead has been a lot better than the previous season or first part of season 2.
I was going to give up on it be I think it has certainly improved.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2016, 07:10:06 AM
The 2nd half of Season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead has been a lot better than the previous season or first part of season 2.
I was going to give up on it be I think it has certainly improved.

I did give up on it! Might stick at now though!!

Started Animal Kingdom, 2 episodes in and looks like it's going to be decent.

GJL

Just finished second series Narcos. Amazing series.