Kerry v Tyrone All Ireland Semi Final 11th August 2019 - Post match analysis

Started by Owen Brannigan, August 11, 2019, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 06:59:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 11, 2019, 05:56:25 PM
As for the claim O'Brien should get off, absolute nonsense. That last tackle should see him miss the final entirely in its own merits.
Catch yourself on. Was harmless tackle you'd swear he boxed the head off someone. Hope he gets off.
How can he get off?
He can get one of the earlier black cards overturned. Todays was obviously stonewall.

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 06:31:44 PM
Quote from: irish345 on August 11, 2019, 06:22:21 PM
im a tyrone person but kind of happy kerry won because i dont like a load of drunkards around the place on final day

There was 34000 at the game sounded like 20000 from Kerry suspect wouldn't have been a big demand for tickets from Tyrone folk.

There were more Tyrone fans there than Kerry

yellowcard

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 11, 2019, 06:56:47 PM
Not really impressed by either team.
In the first half you'd swear Kerry had never seen Tyrone play.
I think the jury is still out in terms of Keane as a senior manager - Kerry were fortunate they were still in the game when he made the changes.
Can see Dublin winning by 10+
I thought Deegan had a reasonable enough game. Definitely wasn't a factor in who won/lost imo.
For me the big thing for Tyrone was the amount of times Tyrone got posession in towards goal in the first half but failed to create a goal chance was way too high.
Also I thought the camerawork was beyond awful - the amount of crowd shots,shots of the sideline and replays of efforts shown while play was going on was beyond belief.
If I were head of GAA I'd be complaining to RTE it was so bad.

You must have watched the match with the sound turned down if that was the biggest complaint you had about the RTÉ coverage!!

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2019, 07:03:05 PM
As for the claim O'Brien should get off, absolute nonsense. That last tackle should see him miss the final entirely in its own merits.
Catch yourself on. Was harmless tackle you'd swear he boxed the head off someone. Hope he gets off.

Did you say the same after Sean cavanagh tackle??
Yes actually to be honest. Man did what he had to do. You'd rather him do that than have allowed the man through on goal and would fully hope and expect any Armagh player would do the same in that situation. Anyone who says different is talking out of their arse. Although O'Briens today was just stupid, man wasn't going to get a goal but better safe than sorry.

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 06:31:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
Thought Tyrone were Deegan'd personally.  3 terrible decisions, 3 points for Kerry at the start of the second half shifted momentum towards Kerry. Really can't see Kerry getting within 7.
This, for me. He brought Kerry right into the game. Tyrone were the better team over the course of the game. That said, they failed to make it count. Harsh to point a finger at one player but McGeary totally fcuked it today.

Can't see how you come that conclusion. Better in the first half by some distance but still didn't put Kerry away. Kerry by far the better team in the second half and did put Tyrone away. The frees were soft but not frees that you haven't seen given in other games. There are very soft frees given in every game as far as I can see. I think Tyrone would be fooling themselves if they focused on the ref too much.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 06:53:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2019, 06:46:25 PM
I would have said it was like yesterday on a slightly lesser scale. Tyrone didn't make their periods of dominance count and Kerry did. Also they couldn't sustain the job they were doing on the Kerry forwards the whole game.

That being said they had so much more dominance than Kerry but just didn't  have the forwards, mcshane aside, to make it count.

I don't think anyone could watch that match objectively and say Tyrone are/were more guilty of diving / cynicism than Kerry.

To a degree, I think around 50% of Kerry's scores in the first 45-50 minutes of the game came from very dubious frees and that kept them in it up to that point. If Tyrone had been 6/7 points in the match at that stage like they should have been I'd say they would have seen it out. Usually you expect a referee when he makes a few very dodgy calls in favour of one side that it will mean he is more reluctant to give the next debatable one but Deegan just kept giving more and more questionable ones each time to Kerry. It's nothing new with Deegan, he's worth 5 points to Kerry against any team they are playing, he's like a doe eyed child meeting his heroes when Kerry are involved.

I don't think Deegan had a five point influence in that game and 50% is a gross exaggeration.

I wanted Tyrone to win but they just didn't make their dominance count at all. Referee aside I really felt they let that game go today and should have won.

O'brien should have had a black card for Donegal penalty as well as his others. (Can't recall if he got black carded in remainder of that game.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 07:07:35 PM

Yes actually to be honest. Man did what he had to do. You'd rather him do that than have allowed the man through on goal and would fully hope and expect any Armagh player would do the same in that situation. Anyone who says different is talking out of their arse. Although O'Briens today was just stupid, man wasn't going to get a goal but better safe than sorry.

Totally agree. It had to be done but the issue is there was a nation wide witch hunt after Sean's tackle but not a single word said about it never mind the mans character wasnt even questioned as Sean's was. Totally different standards to which I am sick ok.

Take in Dublins dominance and some of the referring displays the game is a disaster.

rodney trotter

Peter Harte seemed to get away with a strike towards the end. The commentators didn't even notice it.  He wasn't that effective today, was well marked in the first half.
Mcshane got some good scores but also poor misses, a bad free and another on the wing.

Angelo

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2019, 07:11:03 PM
Peter Harte seemed to get away with a strike towards the end. The commentators didn't even notice it.  He wasn't that effective today, was well marked in the first half.
Mcshane got some good scores but also poor misses, a bad free and another on the wing.

Peter Harte was dragged, pulled, checked and held all game long in front of Deegan's eyes.

I'm suprised Deegan didn't bring out a saddle for Tom O'Sullivan at half time.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2019, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 07:07:35 PM

Totally agree. It had to be done but the issue is there was a nation wide witch hunt after Sean's tackle but not a single word said about it never mind the mans character wasnt even questioned as Sean's was. Totally different standards to which I am sick ok.

Take in Dublins dominance and some of the referring displays the game is a disaster.

In fairness Brolly wasn't on the panel today

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 11, 2019, 07:07:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 06:31:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
Thought Tyrone were Deegan'd personally.  3 terrible decisions, 3 points for Kerry at the start of the second half shifted momentum towards Kerry. Really can't see Kerry getting within 7.
This, for me. He brought Kerry right into the game. Tyrone were the better team over the course of the game. That said, they failed to make it count. Harsh to point a finger at one player but McGeary totally fcuked it today.

Can't see how you come that conclusion. Better in the first half by some distance but still didn't put Kerry away. Kerry by far the better team in the second half and did put Tyrone away. The frees were soft but not frees that you haven't seen given in other games. There are very soft frees given in every game as far as I can see. I think Tyrone would be fooling themselves if they focused on the ref too much.
I watched the game.

And still came to that conclusion? Fair enough.

Owen Brannigan

Lowest attendance at an AI semi final in almost 25 years and even the Kerry supporters turned up. Where were the Tyrone supporters? Saving up for the final?

trileacman

I do feel like a different ref and we'd have won that. It started at the second half when Tyrone were attacking and Niall sludden was hailed to the ground off the ball. He gave a hop ball and Kerry went up the pitch and got another soft free to score. It was as good as a 2 point swing. 2 more phantom frees after gave Kerry belief and confidence that they ill deserved. That was the telling time in the game and I feel Deegan brought Kerry back into it, to be fair the picked themselves up and finished it off but without that 10min period they wouldn't have gained a foothold in the game.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

One hell of a marking job done on Harte today. Would have been proud of it. Completely taken out. Deegan knew it was going on but couldn't hang his hat on any antic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

On the Sludden incident. Geaney was very sneaky how he did that. I don't think any other refs would have had any other conclusion. I think it was too sneaky to be caught by anything other than tv.