U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Delighted for Offaly. Actually holidaying down in Tullamore for a few days and there is a great buzz about the place.
       Hopefully a lot of those young fellas on both teams transition into senior level. Interesting to hear Oisin McConville saying that many could fit in almost immediately to senior side(which i would agree with) but Kevin Mc Stay saying they wouldn't have the strength and conditioning yet.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: grounded on August 17, 2021, 02:13:47 PM
Delighted for Offaly. Actually holidaying down in Tullamore for a few days and there is a great buzz about the place.
       Hopefully a lot of those young fellas on both teams transition into senior level. Interesting to hear Oisin McConville saying that many could fit in almost immediately to senior side(which i would agree with) but Kevin Mc Stay saying they wouldn't have the strength and conditioning yet.

If this grade was still U21 I'd agree with Oisin McConville. Looking at the two teams I'd say only a handful look conditioned and ready to make the step up to senior level next year.

Blowitupref

Top 20 players.

Tom Smyth (Down)
Charlie Smyth (Down)
Lee Pearson (Offaly)
John Furlong (Offaly)
Colin Walsh (Roscommon)
Paddy Gavin (Roscommon)
Diarmaid Phelan (Cork)
Ruairí Keane (Mayo)
Rory Dwyer (Dublin)
Cathal Flynn (Offaly)
Cathal Donoghue (Offaly)
Cormac Egan (Offaly)
Jack Bryant (Offaly)
Daire Cregg (Roscommon)
James Fitzpatrick (Roscommon)
Seán Jones (Monaghan)
Shealan Johnston (Down)
Jack Cahalane (Cork)
David Buckley (Cork)
Seán O'Connor (Tipperary)

https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/eirgrid-announce-top-20-players-of-2021-u20-football-championship/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose