Ó Sé - A legacy.

Started by moysider, June 30, 2015, 10:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 12:17:15 AM
I have never thought of Paudi and Tyrone in the same breath until now, certainly not in the last 12 years. The interview by the sea was far more signifcant to Paudi than that match. I think only a Tyroneman could see that as a problem with the program.

Full of your usual crap: by any objective analysis events that were as significant as those in his own career were airbrushed out, where they dwelled on the eventual manner of his eviction but no mention of one of the principal factors leading to it. Try and put your antithetical antipathy towards ourselves to one side before coming out with howlers like that.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2015, 12:21:41 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 12:17:15 AM
I have never thought of Paudi and Tyrone in the same breath until now, certainly not in the last 12 years. The interview by the sea was far more signifcant to Paudi than that match. I think only a Tyroneman could see that as a problem with the program.

Full of your usual crap: by any objective analysis events that were as significant as those in his own career were airbrushed out, where they dwelled on the eventual manner of his eviction but no mention of one of the principal factors leading to it. Try and put your antithesis towards ourselves to one side before coming out with howlers like that.

I could say the same. Let's not make a thread about a Paudi documentary about Tyrone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 12:28:02 AM
I could say the same. Let's not make a thread about a Paudi documentary about Tyrone.

Well shut the fcuk up then, you're making more noise about it than I am (or did).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Incredible that he was aged only 57 years at his time of his passing on.

Bord na Mona man

While the programme was about the man rather than chronicling his football career, some mention should have been made to the Tyrone game. The impression was left that the 'animal' comment was the major decider in him getting shoved. They could even have squared the circle on that one by making reference to the physical attack he suffered on the touchline from the looper Kerry fan that day. It was blenket difince as much as any comment that ushered him out.

Shamrock Shore

In 1982 Longford played Kerry in the Nat League QF in Longford (at that time for ye yoiung whippersnappers the winners of Division 4 or 3A or whatever it was then) had a QF place.

While Kerry won eventually Longford gave Kerry loads of it and Paidi got skinned by one Mickey O'Hara.

Years and years later me Da was in Paidi's pub and that match came up. Me Da asks him does he remember the young forward that skinned him that day.

"Indeed I do", says Paidi. "However if I hadn't gone out in Longford town the night before and had 8 pints he'd have got fcuk all out of me"

Good man Paidi and RIP!

Denn Forever

The whole series was interesting but was it commissioned by FF?

The O'Sé program was good but a pale shadow in comparison to the Documentary on TG4.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
They're saving that for Spillane - A Legacy.

Ironically I usually forget just how much of an all-time great Pateen is with all the shite he talks. A bit like Paudi (not saying he talked shite but y'know) he'll only get proper recognition like this when he's gone.

You'd imagine there is a whole generation (if not two) out there who have no real understanding of how good a footballer Spillane actually was - no-one under the age of 30 probably ever saw him play a game - instead he's one of the lads on the telly who talks nonsense. O'Rourke is in the same boat given they are around the same vintage and Brolly is probably the same for folk under 20.

doodaa

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 02, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Ironically I usually forget just how much of an all-time great Pateen is with all the shite he talks. A bit like Paudi (not saying he talked shite but y'know) he'll only get proper recognition like this when he's gone.

You'd imagine there is a whole generation (if not two) out there who have no real understanding of how good a footballer Spillane actually was - no-one under the age of 30 probably ever saw him play a game - instead he's one of the lads on the telly who talks nonsense. O'Rourke is in the same boat given they are around the same vintage and Brolly is probably the same for folk under 20.

You could up that age for Spillane by about 5 or 10 years as im 30 and I don't remember him playing at all.
Brolly was around when I was in Primary school..

cockahoop

Quote from: doodaa on July 02, 2015, 02:22:16 PM

You could up that age for Spillane by about 5 or 10 years as im 30 and I don't remember him playing at all.

No offense to O'Rouke and brolly,great footballers but not in the same league as spillane,he was something else in full flight,he basically beat tyrone on his own in 86 and by that stage he was well past his best.

shark

Quote from: cockahoop on July 02, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
Quote from: doodaa on July 02, 2015, 02:22:16 PM

y

Yeah agreed, 31 yr old and never saw him play in the flesh. My first footballing memory was being on holidays in Clare when they beat Kerry in the '92 Munster Final. Might have been his last game, or was he already done?

moysider

Gone in 92. 23 years ago! Unbelievable.

manfromdelmonte

My father always rated Spillane far behind the likes of O'Shea

Spillane was a teacher, had loads of time to work on his fitness could run all day but wasn't in the same league football wise as the likes of O'Shea.

moysider

Or Sheehy or John Egan imo. I also rated Lynch, Ogie and Power ahead of him for pure football ability. Spillane had great engine, athleticism drive and a massive will to win.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 02, 2015, 04:07:24 PM
My father always rated Spillane far behind the likes of O'Shea

Spillane was a teacher, had loads of time to work on his fitness could run all day but wasn't in the same league football wise as the likes of O'Shea.

Bit OTT bringing his job into it! Writing down players for being teachers is a game of dominoes..