Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: WT4E on November 14, 2016, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 21, 2014, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
How much is the Irish News?

Incredible thread from an incredible poster.
Keep up the good work

Always consider this to be my greatest achievement on gaaboard - A simple question and we're 18 pages into a big debate.

And to think that christmas Lights hoor was giving me guff about it!

If fairness he posted that in July, so was bound to be a bit off colour.  :D
MWWSI 2017

longballin

Memo to Irish News staff - If at all possible get a picture of Mickey Harte on the front page.

screenexile

Quote from: longballin on November 25, 2016, 09:58:47 AM
Memo to Irish News staff - If at all possible get a picture of Mickey Harte on the front page.

And preferably Sean on the back!!

The Trap

Can anyone post up Kevin Maddens article in the paper this week. Thought it was spot on if 8/10 years too late!!!!

bennydorano

There's been a great 2 part interview with Joey Cunningham in yesterday & today's paper.

Targetman

Yep good article, I remember watching Joey playing for Newry Town many years ago, that Kirk Hunter was a right tr**p!!

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on January 13, 2018, 11:40:10 AM
There's been a great 2 part interview with Joey Cunningham in yesterday & today's paper.
Good article. That is what we need more of. With social media papers are not always going to be first to the stories do they need good features and depth to give what we won't get in 140 characters.

T Fearon

Good article,but back in the day,was there a black player anywhere in these islands who didn't get abuse? Before Joey,Alan Gracey,from my own home parish though the other side of the house,often joked about Linfield fans calling him a black fenian bastard when he played for Glentoran.

Also I remember Benny Laryea getting dogs abuse from the visiting fans of all clubs while he played for Dundalk. Sadly this was par for the course in that era, and thankfully it has been eliminated now,for the most part.

under the bar

IN has Joe Kernan and McGeeney with Sam 02 on the cover today. Nice of them to enlighten younger readers that Armagh actually used to compete for trophies 😉

Avondhu star

Quote from: under the bar on March 03, 2018, 01:13:24 PM
IN has Joe Kernan and McGeeney with Sam 02 on the cover today. Nice of them to enlighten younger readers that Armagh actually used to compete for trophies 😉
And with the forward talent they had should have won a lot more. Marsden McConville Stevie from Killeavy Clarke and others didnt get from the game what they should have
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 03, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: under the bar on March 03, 2018, 01:13:24 PM
And with the forward talent they had should have won a lot more. Marsden McConville Stevie from Killeavy Clarke and others didnt get from the game what they should have

They were close to more Sams, were a top team for almost a decade. The Fermanagh defeat in '04 would be seen as the biggest regret.

BennyCake

Ah ffs, not this again.

We won one. Might have won more, but might have won none. I would imagine this Mayo team would rip your head off for a sole AI win.

Mayo are a fine team who may end up with nothing. It could have happened to us or any competing team. So let's move on.

ONeill

If Marsden hadn't hit Jordan you'd have 2.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2018, 05:16:35 PM

Still waiting on Jordan to apologise.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

under the bar

Quote from: Orior on March 03, 2018, 05:27:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2018, 05:16:35 PM

Still waiting on Jordan to apologise.

What did she do to you?