Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

snoopdog

If there is strong evidence that bishops and others knowingly
put children at risk by placing these paedophiles in parishes and schools then they should face criminal charges and prison terms. An apology is not enough.

Milltown Row2

And the parents Tony ya left them out, also the kids Tony! Hadn't been for those pesky kids
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

We have been baptised, confirmed potificated at lectured taught by paedo protecting charlatans for all our lives. Why do we as a nation accept this. I'm finished with Catholicism.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2018, 11:05:39 PM
Yes and the Police,lay teachers in St Colmans (bound to have known something) etc

how do you know they were bound to have known something

Hardy

Quote from: charlieTully on February 28, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
We have been baptised, confirmed potificated at lectured taught by paedo protecting charletons for all our lives. Why do we as a nation accept this. I'm finished with Catholicism.

Ah Bobby wasn't the worst, in fairness.

charlieTully

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2018, 10:03:29 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on February 28, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
We have been baptised, confirmed potificated at lectured taught by paedo protecting charletons for all our lives. Why do we as a nation accept this. I'm finished with Catholicism.

Ah Bobby wasn't the worst, in fairness.

What does that mean?

Hardy

Jack was a  bit opinionated for sure.

johnneycool

Yes and the Police,lay teachers in St Colmans (bound to have known something) etc

You are aware a certain Michael Harte worked in the same school as the very reverend Brendan Smyth?

Are you surmising that Micky knew and didn't tell? I don't know how you could know that!

AZOffaly

Charlton

Charleton

Charlatan

charlieTully

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2018, 01:36:04 PM
Charlton

Charleton

Charlatan

Fixed it for you. Wouldn't want an incorrect spelling getting in the way of a topic on priests raping kids now would we?

AZOffaly

I was just explaining Hardy's post for you. You asked what it was about.

charlieTully

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
I was just explaining Hardy's post for you. You asked what it was about.

Ah sorry.  Reply was more directed at him. My apologies

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2018, 10:13:15 PM
If Finnegan and Smyth etc were so rampant it beggars belief that this wasn't widely known by more than just the clergy.There should be an enquiry.For example the people who treated them medically definitely knew.

By all means have an inquiry.

Share the findings with the PPS

Child abusers should feel the full force of the law. Those who facilitated them by placing the into roles with access to vulnerable children should be prosecuted. Those who turned a blind eye should be prosecuted. Those that covered up should be prosecuted. Those that silenced witnesses or attempted to silence witnesses should be prosecuted.

The cultures that tolerated this sort of thing need to be dismantled and certainly removed from access to children and particularly vulnerable children.

smelmoth

By all means have a good look at this.

Though the guilt of others won't make the clergy innocent just less lonely

Milltown Row2

Come on, they were only following cannon law, and being a young priest (39!) he was easily swayed! Should have got a promotion for that.. oh wait :-X
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea