"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2022, 07:57:20 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 28, 2022, 11:01:18 PM
Quote from: Ash Smoker on July 26, 2022, 12:42:55 PM
Loughnane talking about ego!  ;D

True. But still thought it was a good piece
Me too

Wonder when Loughnane think of his own actions towards young players when to commented on Cody and his young Shefflin exchange in keeping Shefflin grounded.

I'm sure Shefflin would have preferred what Cody said rather than being pinned to the dressing room floor like Loughnane did to a young Stephen McNamara.

marty34

Sheedy and O'Shea fancied to take over at Offaly.

Experienced pairing there.

Kidder81

Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2022, 05:55:36 PM

Expensive ticket there you would think

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 11, 2022, 06:31:18 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2022, 05:55:36 PM

Expensive ticket there you would think

Big Shane will look after that payment
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Davy Fitz back in Waterford

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 11, 2022, 10:43:52 PM

This is a strange one, Waterford missed the boat last championship, they are contenders to some degree but completely took their eyes off the ball and were caught out in Munster....

I thought they were gearing up for a challenge late in the year but were gone and forgotten about...

Why it's strange is I've no idea what Davy can bring back to this team, how will he improve himself never mind the players?

What does Davy bring to the table other than his 2 all Irelands?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 08:50:18 AM

This is a strange one, Waterford missed the boat last championship, they are contenders to some degree but completely took their eyes off the ball and were caught out in Munster....

I thought they were gearing up for a challenge late in the year but were gone and forgotten about...

Why it's strange is I've no idea what Davy can bring back to this team, how will he improve himself never mind the players?

Waterford have a real good cohort of players at the right age now - Gleeson, Bennets, De Burca and Barron etc.

I can't figure out what happened this year after going so well early on.  Were they over trained or was there a fall out between players and management?

Wheels just came off the wagon big time.

keep her low this half

Davy has three all irelands, 2 as a player 1 as a manager. He also managed Wexford to their only Leinster title in 25 years not that long ago. Davy brings a huge amount of hurling knowledge and experience. He is not everyones cup of tea because he acts like a headbin on the sideline and long term he tends to burn players out but over a short 2-3 year period he will bring plenty to Waterford who were looking very good in May this year.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 12, 2022, 09:36:19 AM

Davy has three all irelands, 2 as a player 1 as a manager. He also managed Wexford to their only Leinster title in 25 years not that long ago. Davy brings a huge amount of hurling knowledge and experience. He is not everyones cup of tea because he acts like a headbin on the sideline and long term he tends to burn players out but over a short 2-3 year period he will bring plenty to Waterford who were looking very good in May this year.

Thanks Davy!

Milltown Row2

He's won a host of all Irelands, 2 colleges and a club all Ireland... I said two in reference to something he said to Mullane..

No one is disputing his abilities or records but you said it he's a binlid, that Clare team he managed to win an All Ireland should have won 2 more, they were a great team. But took a replay to beat Cork and I think went out against Wexford next year.

I just don't see how he can improve this team from where they are, all the shouting can get a bit distracting.

Waterford, it was an unlucky year for them and potentially contenders as physicality is good, goal scoring ability and a free taker.. let's see

imtommygunn

He has a short lifespan but he may improve Waterford. I think teams get a lot more physical under him as the level of commitment he wants is like Rory Gallagher levels of commitment.

seafoid

His primary focus isn't managing Tipperary.
Waterford have the skill and the experience. Might be the perfect mix. DF knows how to win...

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2022, 10:00:01 AM
He has a short lifespan but he may improve Waterford. I think teams get a lot more physical under him as the level of commitment he wants is like Rory Gallagher levels of commitment.

If you read about the Clare win in 2013 you'll see the fingerprints of Paul Kinnerk all over that team and in the replay for once they attacked a poor Cork defence and got the goals that killed the game.
Davy's conservative approach to the game gets teams so far in terms of staying in the game but if they're chasing the game he's shown little signs of being flexible enough to go at teams, the replay in 2013 is the exception, hence why I bring it up.

I pity the poor forward in Waterford who'll be expected to win ball with three defenders around them like McDonald of Wexford and poor Maurice Shanahan during his first stint in Waterford.

Waterford have one of the strongest panels about, had a terrible Munster championship for whatever reason, it's probably the strongest panel Davy has ever managed, so we'll see how he brings them to the next level..

seafoid

Munster is hyper competitive with 5 teams fighting for 3 slots. Margins are thin.
I just remember Tipp collapsing in 2018 and winning the All Ireland the following year.