Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Great win yesterday mucker. Could go whole way but more importantly definitely will stay at senior i think now. I was surprised to be reminded that craigbane won it in 2011. They don't have the conveyor yous have but. More power to yous.

HiMucker

Cheers Fear, and to all the other well wishers. Was great to see the amount of good will around the county, plenty of ones from other clubs there supporting us. I was actually at that match when craigbane won it.
Aye hopefully push on now and maintain senior status. As great as this year has been we don't want to be playing intermediate again.

Flanker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 10, 2022, 06:40:30 PM
Quote from: Flanker on January 10, 2022, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 07:16:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2022, 06:14:50 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 01:36:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 08, 2022, 07:51:16 PM
Glen pitch very poor few weeks back at camogie final. Steelstown to win by 7. Congratulations Banagher!
Will they even score 7 points ffs?

What a half  ::)

Doesn't matter. They won.well done . Sour grapes
I'm not sure how a post at half-time when Steelstown were 3-1 down could be considered sour grapes.
Nor why I, as someone from neither club nor representative county, would have sour grapes about Steelstown beating Moortown.

But there you are..... ::)

It just looked like you had been sitting waiting to reply to that since I posted. Looked odd for someone not exactly a prolific poster. Anyhow got them at 45-1 after Derry championship with Paddy Power.yeooo

Money goes to money

Steelstown will play the winners of Na Gaeil Tralee and Corofin (Clare).

Piggy bank filling up nicely.  Know anything about those teams?
Banagher hurlers got very tough game against Kilmoyley Kerry
Anyhow got them at 45-1 after Derry championship with Paddy Power??
Paddy must have been on the Powers

Was there anyone with higher odds than that

Aye school boy error ,

Never mind the Piggy Bank the mattress must be full

Enjoy

restorepride

McFaul and Mckinless start v Fear Manach. Should strengthen the team.

Rawhide

cccc is a true supporter lol

oakleaflad

Thought we actually looked pretty decent against Donegal. McCluskey having a great game on McBrearty before going off injured, that'd be a blow if he is to miss time as he's had a great McKenna Cup. The likes of Oisin McWilliams and Paul Cassidy had decent showings and young Murray looks a good prospect too. Would have some concerns with our backup goalkeeper situation and felt a bit sorry for Tohill to be honest, but other than that you'd be positive with the showing heading into the league.

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 20, 2022, 11:49:54 AM
Thought we actually looked pretty decent against Donegal. McCluskey having a great game on McBrearty before going off injured, that'd be a blow if he is to miss time as he's had a great McKenna Cup. The likes of Oisin McWilliams and Paul Cassidy had decent showings and young Murray looks a good prospect too. Would have some concerns with our backup goalkeeper situation and felt a bit sorry for Tohill to be honest, but other than that you'd be positive with the showing heading into the league.

McCluskey just a knock thankfully, won't miss any league.
Tohill not at the level, but suppose the way Gaelic football has went it was worth trying a 6ft 6" athlete, who is just home from AFL a go. Although I can't see much more time being spent on him.

Wildweasel74

Was he playing full forward or Midfield, I rather see him getting a run out at Midfield but found it hard he getting a run out when he didn't play with swatragh after he came bck.

howlongref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 20, 2022, 07:48:33 PM
Was he playing full forward or Midfield, I rather see him getting a run out at Midfield but found it hard he getting a run out when he didn't play with swatragh after he came bck.

Lads abit harsh on Anton, I was at all the McKenna cup games and imho there were a few not up to county standard and are so called established players. Rory has his fav picks and it will be hard to break into that team. Guaranteed it will be same as last year with the same result sadly. Correct me if I'm wrong......

toby47

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 20, 2022, 07:48:33 PM

Didn't play much before he left either.

I've nothing against the lad, but it's obvious he's not a county standard footballer, like many other lads in the past that have been called up - theres no harm in looking at fella's. As I've already said, he was definitely worth a look at with his size/athleticism after coming home from AFL.

the goal was on

Mc faul heading away would be a big blow. Watched him a few times in ulster club and thought he was a player that could have a big impact on county scene. Downeys look like top prospects as well.

JoG2

Quote from: the goal was on on January 21, 2022, 12:03:20 PM
Mc faul heading away would be a big blow. Watched him a few times in ulster club and thought he was a player that could have a big impact on county scene. Downeys look like top prospects as well.

Mcfaul first played Ulster club in 2021. He's been a county senior for 8/9 years, and a very fine one at that

toby47

Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2022, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on January 21, 2022, 12:03:20 PM

Mcfaul first played Ulster club in 2021. He's been a county senior for 8/9 years, and a very fine one at that

Agree, I would say he's been Derry's most consistent performer in that time frame. Best footballer in Derry IMO.

Wildweasel74

Doesn't answer why Derry players past 10/12yrs are always running away to America, don't see them do the same in running in Tyrone. Donegal lads be the same going to America alot.

Derry Optimist

Can anyone say when is Ciaran McFaul supposed to be going abroad?If true, he would be a massive loss both to Derry and Glen.

If Slaughtneil hurlers win on Sunday it would be interesting to see who Rory Gallagher will replace Chrissy  McKaigue,Brendan Rogers and Shane McGuigan with for the opening rounds of the League.

Going on his past selections and current form, it would appear that Conor McCluskey and Shea Downey will come on in defence  instead of Chrissy and Brendan.The two Padraigs,Gareth McKinless and Conor Doherty will be retained from last year's Championship team.

Who replaces Shane McGuigan will be a more difficult choice. A strong case could be made for any of the following in a rejigged forward division : Enda Downey(if fit), Oisin McWilliams, Niall Toner, Jack Doherty, Ben McCarron (if available),Shane Heavron,Matthew Downey and Lachlan Murray.It is a long time since we had the luxury of so many good substitutes who could play in the forwards