Author Topic: Belfast GAA is dying...  (Read 40951 times)

JimStynes

• View Profile
Re: Belfast GAA is dying...
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2021, 07:45:24 PM »
Clones will always be the spot

No it won't.

What a horrible place. Casement is not perfect by any stretch but it is by a far distant way a better option than Clones.

Yeah Dungannon or Cookstown would have been much better.  Jesus that road from Westlink to casement on match day aaaaah

But the road into Dugannon or Cookstown would be good on match day?

probably , because you would plan it not to be built in the middle of a 2 lane main street I imagine-just a guess

But what do all these cities all over Europe and further afield do during match day in their sports. We are so used to driving down the road and parking on a grass verge and dandering up to the match. Iím sure it would be fine if it was built in Belfast.

It would be. But not up a pokey wee congested road with shitty public transport

Balmoral station and Finaghy are both 15/20mins walk away from Casement.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »
???
The public transport access to the Andersonstown Road is up there with best in the city.
Buses, black taxis and the Glider all service it and as mentioned, there are train stations nearby.

Itís also a 4 laner the whole way from the city centre with lanes specifically for public transport.

People are just so used to driving up to a game and parking her up on the curb and dandering into the game. If it was a soccer match in England they wouldnít think anything of it having to sit in traffic or get on a train and dander 15mins to the match.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2021, 09:20:49 PM »
???
The public transport access to the Andersonstown Road is up there with best in the city.
Buses, black taxis and the Glider all service it and as mentioned, there are train stations nearby.

Itís also a 4 laner the whole way from the city centre with lanes specifically for public transport.

It's a nightmare is what it is anytime i went

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2021, 09:21:57 PM »
Iím not sure what they are getting used to. Any time Iíve been to an Ulster final in Clones, itís been a fuckin hike to the ground from where I park the car.

And if the public transport is poor around Casement, Iíd love to know what itís like in Cookstown!!

In case you haven't noticed there is no stadium in Cookstown which is my point , build it to suit access

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2021, 09:22:41 PM »
???

Train from Derry takes you in hassle free to within a 20 minute walk, pub at the station too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2021, 09:27:01 PM »
???

Train from Derry takes you in hassle free to within a 20 minute walk, pub at the station too

It's 2 hours 15 mins to Belfast by train and nearly ALWAYS delayed, I'm not  being funny coz I don't know , where do I get off and transfer ,

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »
Why do you keep driving to the westlink?

There are alternative routes that would avoid it. In the same way that I can never understand why every fan coming from the west needs to take the Kennedy Way exit on the M1. I wouldnít be on the M1 past Moira.

I know of no other way of getting to casement from Derry , i lived up there 3 years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2021, 09:42:38 PM »
Come off at Mallusk, Antrim, Templepatrick.

Drop into Andytown over the mountain.

There are as many routes as you wantÖ

Must give it a go  sometime ,

Never Give Up

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2021, 12:20:37 AM »
Why do you keep driving to the westlink?

There are alternative routes that would avoid it. In the same way that I can never understand why every fan coming from the west needs to take the Kennedy Way exit on the M1. I wouldnít be on the M1 past Moira.

Cos the Brits told him to go that way...

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2021, 01:25:26 AM »
Come off at Mallusk, Antrim, Templepatrick.

Drop into Andytown over the mountain.

There are as many routes as you wantÖ

Must give it a go  sometime ,

You'll not be going to Casement for a while yet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B