Pat Spillane = The Arsene Wenger of Gaelic Games

Started by ExcellentDriver, September 03, 2011, 11:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

They both like to winge when results don't go their way (don't forget, I do support Arsenal) and show no sense of sportsmanship to opponents.

They believe it should just be, "Attack, Attack, Attack!" in a competitive environment where Defence trumps Attack (If Barcelona played in the Premiership IMO they wouldn't have it all their own way due to the ability for Rough and Ready English Clubs to wind them up).

Also Spillane seems to target Ulster Counties for his greatest venom, just as Wenger gets frustrated at the 'Northern Style' in English Soccer.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

thewobbler

One of the worst posts in the history of GAABoard.

randomtask

ONeill

I see where he's going here.

Wenger earned a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Electrical engineering and Economics respectively at the University of Strasbourg. Spillane got an A in Sept 1964 for his essay 'What i did during the Summer'

Wenger's parents owned an automobile spare-parts business in Strasbourg. Spillane's first car was a 1966 Wolseley made from spare parts from a Maxi.

Wenger is married to former basketball player Annie Brosterhous. Spillane once went to see Star Donaghy play for the Tralee Tigers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on September 04, 2011, 12:07:02 AM
That's a bold statement in light of the pure shite that is written here on a daily basis.

thewobbler

I actually do believe this is a new low. Beyond my pet hate of Gaelic football being compared and likened with soccer, he has chosen to compare an active participant with an analyst, and has chosen to use comparators as relevant and related as lumpy porridge and the sound of a space shuttle taking off. It's a new low.

Armaghgeddon

A bit unfair on Arsene Wenger comparing him to Pat Spillane. Atleast when The arse from arsenal moans he is creative and dosent say the same shite all the time.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

comethekingdom

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 04, 2011, 12:40:45 PM
Arsene Wenger doesn't have 9 All-Star awards.
or a bag of Celtic Crosses! ..................

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thewobbler on September 04, 2011, 12:56:55 AM
I actually do believe this is a new low. Beyond my pet hate of Gaelic football being compared and likened with soccer, he has chosen to compare an active participant with an analyst, and has chosen to use comparators as relevant and related as lumpy porridge and the sound of a space shuttle taking off. It's a new low.

Phew, I'm not the only one who dislikes GAA and soccer comparisons.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hardy

Same here. Another reason to dislike the football Nualas (I love that) - they're always at it.

thewobbler

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 04, 2011, 02:29:36 PM

FFS these comments epitomise the sheer pointlessness of this thread. Pointing out that a Frenchman hasn't won Gaelic Football honours. WHY?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: thewobbler on September 04, 2011, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on September 04, 2011, 02:29:36 PM

FFS these comments epitomise the sheer pointlessness of this thread. Pointing out that a Frenchman hasn't won Gaelic Football honours. WHY?

:D

You appear to have hit some sort of breaking point Wobbler. I learnt to accept this sort of stuff as standard GAABoard fare a long time ago!   8) 

On the down side, I do dribble at the mouth, and have a more vacant expression than normal when I'm reading it though!!    :(

Farrandeelin

ExcellentDriver, do you support Arsenal financially? Just wondering...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 04, 2011, 12:37:40 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 04, 2011, 12:07:02 AM
That's a bold statement in light of the pure shite that is written here on a daily basis.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore