Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2015, 09:16:59 AM
Quote from: shezam on March 04, 2015, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2015, 08:55:27 AM
I see the proposal for the seeded championship next year was defeated.
Personally i thought i was quite a good idea.
Im not sure what the major downside owuld have been?

Think this years Championship draw highlights the downside of the seeded championship. We wouldn't have seen first round games like Coalisland v Clonoe, Dromore v Ardboe, Errigal v Killyclogher and when you take into account either Greencastle/Eglish/Dungannon/Trillick could end up in the Semi-Final.

Fair enough, we wouldnt have had the same draw as we had this year and wouldnt have the big first round ties, but we would still more than likely get these games at some stage.
I think the championship in its current format is great, I just felt the seeded draw wouldnt ahve really taken away anything from it and would have improved the league structure.

It would make 8th place an achievement similar to how the premier league teams all race for top 4.  The seeding system would no doubt make the race for 8th interesting but the seeding system doesn't stop a team comfortably in 2nd or 3rd place dropping points to help a team climb into that top 8 or helping a team out of relegation.  We all know it happens, the seeding system may make it happen less but at the detriment of the championship.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

I take your point about the teams that are finishing comfortably within the top 8 but cant win the league, it doesnt stop them from 'easing up' at the tail end of the season, but i suppose thats the idea of the top 4 playing off for the league title.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

I said before that some clubs dont want to get into the top 4, think redzone didnt agree but lets be honest if your making the top 4 your season can run on into November.  Not all club players want to do that.  Another decision agreed last night was that a trophy is awarded to the team that finishes top of the league.  I think thats a farce to be honest.  League winner is either the team that finishes top or the team that wins the playoffs.  Becasue of the starred system the playoff system is propper.

The starred system does have to be questioned though!!  Reading above I see the Moy got a raw deal, (we all know they dont win starred games).  Has there been a change in CCC in the way that starred games are matched up.  I would of thought Moy would play: Dromore, Clonoe, Killyclogher, Omagh and Trillick in starred their games.  Other possibilities are Eglish, Dungannon with 2 players starred.   It doesnt matter if there subs or starters for the county they are every bit as valuable to their clubs first teams.
Living the dream!!!

W.A.G. Lover

Speaking to a fella recently who said a referee told him there are only approximately 40-45 referees left in the county after numerous retirements this year.
If this is the case, surely there wont be enough to cover all senior & reserve fixtures on a given Sunday where the full programme goes ahead?

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2015, 09:14:55 AM
Quote from: skeog on March 04, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
keep it the way it is proper championship imo unlike the round robin farce in derry donegal cavan and monaghan

Lets not mix up a seeded championship draw with a round robin or back door system, completely different things

Nobody mentioned the round robin or group stages as a proposal (which are a joke as every team gets a 2nd chance) - the seeded system was the proposal and I felt it was worth a go for a trial period of say 2 years (still a straight KO with no 2nd chance). Yes, we had some great ties this year in the 1st round and some big guns will fall early but these games could still happen. If the seeded scenario was in then you could arguably imagine a last 8 still in the championship of EC, Clonoe, Dromore, Omagh, Carmen, KC, Fianna plus 1 other - then we could really look forward to some great games from there on in....yes, there maybe a shock or two in the 1st round but that happens whatever you way you set the championship up

Tommo2

What is the rule regarding players that received straight red cards for their club last year in the championship and their clubs lost that particular game. In other words, do the players have to miss a championship game this season?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tommo2 on March 04, 2015, 12:00:37 PM
What is the rule regarding players that received straight red cards for their club last year in the championship and their clubs lost that particular game. In other words, do the players have to miss a championship game this season?

I believe that is the case.  E.g Peter Harte will be unavailable for Errigal after being sent off last year.
Living the dream!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on March 04, 2015, 09:53:37 AM
Speaking to a fella recently who said a referee told him there are only approximately 40-45 referees left in the county after numerous retirements this year.
If this is the case, surely there wont be enough to cover all senior & reserve fixtures on a given Sunday where the full programme goes ahead?

I know it may be the wrong thing to do, it may not even be possible financially but would it be an enticement to pay our referees £100 per game or say £50 per youth game £100 for a senior, reserve, u21 game? It is a thankless task and a lot of people are turned away from it because its seen in such a light. I know refs already get a small expense payment as it stands and I am not advocating this idea but its an idea which may work and could be thought about, or does it take away from the amateur ethos of our games?

Up The Middle

Quote from: winghalfback on March 04, 2015, 04:25:41 PM

I know it may be the wrong thing to do, it may not even be possible financially but would it be an enticement to pay our referees £100 per game or say £50 per youth game £100 for a senior, reserve, u21 game? It is a thankless task and a lot of people are turned away from it because its seen in such a light. I know refs already get a small expense payment as it stands and I am not advocating this idea but its an idea which may work and could be thought about, or does it take away from the amateur ethos of our games?

Does the amateur ethos still exist? We have managers getting paid and county players receiving payments from Elitest organisations. Why would the refs not be entitled to a few pound, they are after all the ones who take all the flack.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 04, 2015, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on March 04, 2015, 04:25:41 PM

Does the amateur ethos still exist? We have managers getting paid and county players receiving payments from Elitest organisations. Why would the refs not be entitled to a few pound, they are after all the ones who take all the flack.

I'm not sure of current referee's fees per game or expenses, however it is termed. Its the clubs that end up paying for the referee through fees.  A very valid point is made lots of clubs are paying managers so surely they could dip into funds and throw the referee a few quid.  I would propose that the Home team pays £25 div3 £30 div2 £35 div1 on top of whatever referee gets from County Board, obviously this would only apply to adult fixtures.  I dont think any referee could argue this and it would push referees to look at their own performance to get the bigger games.

Might be a mad proposal just throwing it out there.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Has any decision been made about when the championship is going to be played?
Is it foing ahead at the end of may as was rumoured?
Surely there is nothing stopping them makinga  decision and annoucing it now at this stage?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

It is in the Ulster Herald today that the first round of Senior and Intermediate Championship will be played over the weekends 22nd-24th and 29th-31st if Tyrone beat Donegal. If they lose to Donegal the two championship weekends will be pushed back by one weekend and ACL Round 6 will be on Sunday 24th May.

winghalfback

who is the current chair and secretary of the ccc anyone know

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: winghalfback on March 05, 2015, 01:23:01 PM
who is the current chair and secretary of the ccc anyone know
Competitions Control Committee (CCC)

Michael Kerr (An Charraig Mhór) (Chairperson)

Adrian Scullin (An Chorra Chríochach) (Vice-Chairperson)

Mel Taggart (Cluain Eo) (Secretary)

Dermot Mc Caughey (Trí Leac) (Adult Fixtures)

Stephen Mc Cullagh (Loch Mhic Ruairí) (Youth Fixtures)

Niall Mc Kenna (Coill an Chlochair) (Youth Fixtures)

Cathal Daly (Eaglais) (Hurling Fixtures)

Sean Mc Guigan (An Charraig Mhór) (Adult Referees)

Shane Dorrity (Oilean a'Ghuail) (Youth Fixtures)

Roisin Falconer (An Baile Nua) (Discipline)

Eugene Mc Connell (Clochar) (Referees Administrator)

Eamon Kelly (Aireagal Chiarán) (Feile & Óg Sport)

Competitions Control Committee Remit

It shall be responsible for all arrangements for and control of any matters arising from Games under the jurisdiction of the County Committee, including disciplinary matters other than those functions reserved to the County Hearings Committee.

ONeill

Derrylaughan v Derrytresk first up. Best to get it out of the road.

Have they ever met before in the league? Not in my lifetime.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.