Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

W.A.G. Lover

Heard yesterday that they plan to start the leagues on 12th April, with the Championship beginning on the Weekend of 23rd May and running over the 30th May Weekend also. With possibly 1 week break in the summer from 11th-19th July. Anyone heard any truth to these rumours?

youhavenofans

I cant see the county board playing a fixture on the 11th as its a Saturday and id say alot of people would be away for the 12th weekend and if you say there is a break to 19th that means two weeks break with no games either weekends, isn't two weeks break around the 12th not usually the normal break time? i am pretty sure it was that last year from my own playing memory

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 12, 2015, 09:12:42 AM
I cant see the county board playing a fixture on the 11th as its a Saturday and id say alot of people would be away for the 12th weekend and if you say there is a break to 19th that means two weeks break with no games either weekends, isn't two weeks break around the 12th not usually the normal break time? i am pretty sure it was that last year from my own playing memory
There has been a two week break ( or at least two weekends with no games) for a long time now, i cant imagine this year would be any different.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

This has been established there is a holiday period over the July holidays.  It covers 2 weekends 11th-19th July this has been confirmed.  There will be no club activity during this time.

There is the possibility that the club u21 games could be played. (Yet to be confirmed)
Living the dream!!!

youhavenofans

Joke that there is un21 games over this period, most un21 players are playing senior games week in week out, shouldn't these lads be entitled to their holidays aswell? Last year with my club 4 lads were on holidays and we couldnt field for a game which meant that we didn't qualify.

Sunny Day

I agree with U21 comments - Majority of U21's are playing senior/reserve football, hence the 2 week July break leaves alot of clubs in a bad positions with eligible u21 players booking holidays for the 2 week July break unknowingly.  I think there needs to be a better resolution around the U21 competition because its such an important competition with regards to re-figorating young players who have been lost from minor football.

TF15

Let's be honest, the U21s has been a joke of a competition these last few years with it either being played partly in summer and finishing in December or during the summer with boys on holidays.  There's no real room in the calendar for it either so I can't see these problems changing anytime soon.

Tyrone Gaa

Any update on club manager situations?  Surely all clubs have started pre season preparations now.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Any thoughts on thenew proposals to seed the championship based on the previous years league placings?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 17, 2015, 03:37:27 PM
Any thoughts on thenew proposals to seed the championship based on the previous years league placings?

Where did you see these new proposals? Are there any other proposals?

Mikhailov

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on February 17, 2015, 03:51:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 17, 2015, 03:37:27 PM

Where did you see these new proposals? Are there any other proposals?

Think this one had been suggested a few years back but surprisingly didn't get the required backing. This would immediately stop any point throwing at end of the season if for example the top 4 were seeded and guaranteed not to draw each other in the first round of C'ship following season. Alternatively, you could split it top 8 v bottom 8 or put it in groups of 4 whereby teams from group 1(top 4) would meet teams in group 4(bottom 4) and groups 2v3.

Food for thought but something needs to be done to bring life in the ACL for the teams who find themselves in limbo with no chance to win and no chance to go down and this affects I would say 4-6 teams every season.

Norf Tyrone

The proposal is for the top 8 in one pot, with the other 8 in pot two.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

youhavenofans

I like the current set up in Donegal just with better arrangement, the whole buzz of the build up to a championship game and then not to perform on the day is depressing and makes you think is it all worth it with the amount of time and effort you but into it, but then again everyone loves when an underdog wins a championship game when they weren't expected i.e. Trillick beating Arboe last year

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 18, 2015, 04:20:53 PM
The proposal is for the top 8 in one pot, with the other 8 in pot two.

I dont think this is the way forward to boost the league.  Some clubs look to avoid the top 4, they can afford to throw a few games at the end of the year if their league position is already comfortable. The county board also love the chance for a big gate so a first round like Errigal v Clonoe is a great result for them. 

Its hard to know.  Personally I dont see why clubs disregard the league towards the end of the year.  Why take to the field if your not on that field to win!! 

Div 1 is as strong as it has been for years.  Its hard to pick that 1 team that will really struggle, looking forward to it.
Living the dream!!!