Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Too early to be talking about date for the start of the leagues?

tyroneboi

Quote from: bogball88 on January 11, 2015, 12:59:35 AM
Too early to be talking about date for the start of the leagues?

I'm gonna guess at 12th April if Tyrone don't make the semi final of the league. Last national league fixture of the group stage is the previous Sunday and can't see the league starting in March.

HealyHellRaiser

Alot is said of the amount of derry men involved in Tyrone football. Well there is a few Tyrone men involved in Monaghan. Ryan Porter with the county squad, Mattie mc gleenan is with Scotstown, Niall Colton Truagh, Cathal Mc Anenely and roger Keenan with monaghan harps. I hear 2 more are in for jobs with in the county. Clontibret are in for a well known Tyrone man. I think our own county men are more than capable of showing the level of coaching with in the county.

WT4E

Quote from: In hiding on January 07, 2015, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Traveller on January 06, 2015, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 06, 2015, 05:05:55 PM
Cookstown Fr Rocks - Chris Collins
Eskra Emmetts - Palor McNulty
Moortown St Malachy's -
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's GAC -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Loughmacrory St Teresa's - Eamon Kavanagh
Aghyaran St Davogs - Peter McGinnity
Pomeroy Plunketts - Tony Scullion
Kildress Wolfe Tones - Barry Dillon
Stewartstown Harps - Padraig O'Kane
Gortin St Patrick's - John Penrose
Galbally Pearses - Archie Beattie
Urney St Colmcille's - Reggie Porter
Killeeshil St Mary's - Paul Quinn
Rock St Patrick's - Niall Conway
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

Any updates on management in Division 2?

Sad to see Tony Scullion managing Pomeroy - word was he was on for coming back to the Tones where he is loved but needed time to sort some things out. Kildress then decided to appoint B Dillon as they had a chance to get him and he was being sought by other clubs.

Would have been great to have Scullion back but he's away to our rivals beside us - Anyhow Dillon is a good manager too from what I hear and I'm sure he'll do a good job anyway!

Kildress v Pomeroy is a fixture I'm really looking forward to this year now.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: WT4E on January 12, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Moortown St Malachy's -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

Sad to see Tony Scullion managing Pomeroy - word was he was on for coming back to the Tones where he is loved but needed time to sort some things out. Kildress then decided to appoint B Dillon as they had a chance to get him and he was being sought by other clubs.

Would have been great to have Scullion back but he's away to our rivals beside us - Anyhow Dillon is a good manager too from what I hear and I'm sure he'll do a good job anyway!

I thought with the likes of Scullion working for the Ulster Council their hands were tied and they could only work within their own club?
Or has he help from within the Pomeroy club to get around this?

Are Moortown going with their minor management of last year? seen on here previously Conleth Gilligan linked to them, but i'm sure he would wish to stick with Derrytresk now they're promoted!

WeeDonns

I think what you're getting mixed up with there is some rule where by you can't take on a county management position if you're on the GAA payroll, or something like that. Affected someone a few years back

* although there must be some exception for county secretaries who are paid

everymanaman

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 13, 2015, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 12, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Moortown St Malachy's -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

I thought with the likes of Scullion working for the Ulster Council their hands were tied and they could only work within their own club?
Or has he help from within the Pomeroy club to get around this?

Are Moortown going with their minor management of last year? seen on here previously Conleth Gilligan linked to them, but i'm sure he would wish to stick with Derrytresk now they're promoted!

Derrytresk have new management set up this year. As far as I know Gilligan not managing anyone as he's throwing full weight behind Ballinderry's attempt to win Derry cship

Under Lights

Many teams back out on the grass yet?

redzone

A lot of outside men there.Anybody want to say how much  roughly these outside managers get?Surely to god nobobdy in division 2 would be getting more than £40 per session all in

orangeman

Quote from: redzone on January 13, 2015, 06:57:47 PM
A lot of outside men there.Anybody want to say how much  roughly these outside managers get?Surely to god nobobdy in division 2 would be getting more than £40 per session all in

I'd say £40 would be tops alright. Plus the expenses after that.

Up The Middle

i would say there are men in Div 2 and Div 3 on at least £60 a session, plus a game on a Sunday.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Club Rossa

Malachy Teague new Derrtresk manager.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Up The Middle on January 14, 2015, 09:14:47 AM
i would say there are men in Div 2 and Div 3 on at least £60 a session, plus a game on a Sunday.

I would love to see a breakdown of these 'expenses' for managers. Any man who is taking anymore than £50 a night all inclusive from a club is not a real GAA man - and even that is alot. Taking a team is not for making a profit, its for the love of the game. How can it be justified to pay managers that sort of money, yet the players making the same committment get nothing. And then take into consideration the youth footballers - its like taking blood from a stone trying to even get permission from most committees for the money to buy them 5 new footballs, yet they are ok to pay these 'expenses'!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 14, 2015, 10:09:19 AM

I would love to see a breakdown of these 'expenses' for managers. Any man who is taking anymore than £50 a night all inclusive from a club is not a real GAA man - and even that is alot. Taking a team is not for making a profit, its for the love of the game. How can it be justified to pay managers that sort of money, yet the players making the same committment get nothing. And then take into consideration the youth footballers - its like taking blood from a stone trying to even get permission from most committees for the money to buy them 5 new footballs, yet they are ok to pay these 'expenses'!!

Its the smaller clubs that will take the hits, perhaps there isn't that internal man that has what's required to take the club to the next level or give the commitment needed.  They are left with little option but to bring in these outside men who have their price like it or lump it.  Only 1 or 2 clubs are going to lift silverware at the end of the year so most will be unsuccessful.

Large clubs choose to bring in these managers when there are men more than capable/qualified of taking the club.  I look at Errigal as a prime example of this.  Errigal have a Balinderry manager and have other club members out round the country making a few pound working with other clubs.  I would always therefore be reluctant to support any fundraisers for Errigal knowing the funds collected are going to outside sources that I deem unnecessary.

I would say this is not a personal attack on Errigal, there are plenty of clubs in Tyrone in a similar position, Errigal were just the easiest example that came to mind.
Living the dream!!!

GJL

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 14, 2015, 02:11:33 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 14, 2015, 10:09:19 AM

Its the smaller clubs that will take the hits, perhaps there isn't that internal man that has what's required to take the club to the next level or give the commitment needed.  They are left with little option but to bring in these outside men who have their price like it or lump it.  Only 1 or 2 clubs are going to lift silverware at the end of the year so most will be unsuccessful.

Large clubs choose to bring in these managers when there are men more than capable/qualified of taking the club.  I look at Errigal as a prime example of this.  Errigal have a Balinderry manager and have other club members out round the country making a few pound working with other clubs.  I would always therefore be reluctant to support any fundraisers for Errigal knowing the funds collected are going to outside sources that I deem unnecessary.

I would say this is not a personal attack on Errigal, there are plenty of clubs in Tyrone in a similar position, Errigal were just the easiest example that came to mind.

Most of the guys from Errigal that are out at other clubs have all done a spell in the hot seat at Errigal. The Balinderry manager came in and won a Championship in his first year!