Started by LooseCannon, March 15, 2019, 08:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

???

Should be worn
A load of bollox
No opinion on the matter

LooseCannon

Rudi

Coaching underage for last 5 years, these are mandatory. I find them a complete pain in the ..... Young lads get distracted, chewing on them & appear to find breathing difficult.

GetOverTheBar

Load of shite.

GAA worried about claims. Hardly matter, the 3.5 years it takes to get one processed you could well be dead anyway.

manfromdelmonte

Aren't the GPA making money off some company with fitted endorsed gum shields?

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Over the Bar

Parents buying mouth guards that actually  fit u6s and u8s is more the problem.... ;D

trailer

Getting ones that fit u6 & u8s is near on impossible. When you're boiling them you're conscious that you don't scald the mouth off the poor child. They've never fitted one before and it's difficult to get them to bite correctly. Their wee mouths are changing constantly with teeth coming out and big teeth coming down as well. And obviously spending money on the dentist getting properly fitted ones is a waste of time and money.

So a load of shite for wee ones but I understand where the GAA is coming from on this.

lurganblue

Coaching under 10s and have a son playing.  They're a complete ballix. Not a one fits the child. They cant speak with them in and when they get a chance they have it hanging out of there mouths sideways.

As a player i never used one until i was told i had to. Then i bought a shite one and kept it in my sock until told to put in by the ref. Hated it. Again couldnt breathe or speak.  Then i visited the dentist one day and he said they were doing a special offer for fitted gumshields for GAA players. Says go on ahead i'll get one. Great job. Fits like a glove.  Definitely worth it.

As an adult i believe you should be made aware that if you lose teeth then you cant claim for them but no ref should be able to force you into wearing it if you dont want to. Your own personal choice.

Over the Bar

Anyone advise where to buy u8 gum-shields other than the ridiculously over-priced O'Neill's?

spuds

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 24, 2019, 07:52:17 PM
Anyone advise where to buy u8 gum-shields other than the ridiculously over-priced O'Neill's?
This explains a lot of concern I had about you.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard