Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:38:52 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 12, 2023, 02:35:37 PM
That might be over harsh. It is quirky with some very funny dialogue so not a complete waste of time but don't expect much to avoid disappointment. Far from a work of art though.

Its No Die Hard is what you're saying?

****Spoiler Alert*****
:D :D If Glesson had yelled yippee ki-ya MF while flinging his fingers at the door it could have been

AustinPowers

Here ,  stop with the spoilers will ye

I've not seen  banshees yet

Look-Up!

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 12, 2023, 03:21:27 PM
Here ,  stop with the spoilers will ye

I've not seen  banshees yet
Sorry

nrico2006

Just like the film Belfast and the associated hype, was another that didn't deserve the acclaim.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 12, 2023, 10:50:35 PM
Just like the film Belfast and the associated hype, was another that didn't deserve the acclaim.

You'll hate the other one about here, An Irish goodbye...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 12, 2023, 10:50:35 PM

An extended Van Morrison promo video.

J70

I thought Belfast was very good.

Especially as I wasn't expecting much after the feedback from this place.

Gmac

Watched the pale blue eye last night , enjoyed it

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2023, 12:32:36 AM

I thought there was a very good movie buried in there not far below the surface.  The acting was good, as was the (non-musical) script.  But I f**king hate Van Morrision's music--fingernails on chalkboard hate--and the constant interruption of the movie by his tunes was just oppressive.

nrico2006

I watched it pretty soon after it was released, so maybe had higher expectations given the media talk about it. Sometimes movies automatically get credit for simply being focused on key historical events, irrelevant of how good the actual movie is.

Actually watched two Northern Ireland films over the past few years that I thought were brilliant, and more enjoyable than Belfast and Banshees. One was Bad Day for the Cut and the other was Nightride.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

jcpen

I liked Banshees, thought it was very good.
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2023, 10:37:01 AM

I watched it pretty soon after it was released, so maybe had higher expectations given the media talk about it. Sometimes movies automatically get credit for simply being focused on key historical events, irrelevant of how good the actual movie is.

Actually watched two Northern Ireland films over the past few years that I thought were brilliant, and more enjoyable than Belfast and Banshees. One was Bad Day for the Cut and the other was Nightride.

Bad day for the Cut is very good alright.

Orior

The Swimmers on Netflix is worth a watch.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lurganblue

Quote from: jcpen on January 13, 2023, 10:38:54 AM
I liked Banshees, thought it was very good.

Watched it on Sat myself. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, while the wife uttered "what the f**k is this" 30 mins into the show. Seems to be marmite

johnnycool

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 13, 2023, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2023, 10:37:01 AM

Bad day for the Cut is very good alright.

:o