Freeview

Started by tyroneboi, July 07, 2007, 05:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Just got freeview but cant get all the channels. Does anyone else have this problem? is there anything you can do about it?

Square Ball

do you have an outside\inside arieal?

there is/was a thread on this ages ago, try it.

did you check and see if you were able to receive it where you live?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tyroneboi

yeah checked the website and it said that freeview is available where i live. Also have an external aerial connection.

wudnt mind only it is the decent channels that i dont get like channel 4,  E4 and sky sports news.

Dinny Breen

Quotesky sports news.

Christ unless you wanted to know when Wayne Rooney last had a good hard shit why you want that?
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggysego

What sort of work do you do Fintona? You seem to know a lot about tellys.
Testing Accessibility

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 08, 2007, 08:41:19 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 08, 2007, 08:27:08 PM
What sort of work do you do Fintona? You seem to know a lot about tellys.
Civil Servant. But don't tell some of the lads here as they'll think I'm work shy.

You just can't beat the flexi!!

bailestil

Fionntamhnach, thinking of getting it here in derry city.
Don't have any outside aeriel at all! God knows why not.
Much would it take to get one fitted up etc?
Or would it be worth doing it myself?

ziggysego

Quote from: bailestil on July 09, 2007, 09:49:44 PM
Fionntamhnach, thinking of getting it here in derry city.
Don't have any outside aeriel at all! God knows why not.
Much would it take to get one fitted up etc?
Or would it be worth doing it myself?

From my own experience, it is probably to do it yourself and get a decent picture. However, for the value of it and to get the best possible picture, it is worth shelling out a few extra £/€ to get a professional to do it.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Got a freeview box a few weeks back and can't get a thing out of it, saying poor signal quality. Admittedly its a cheap box but there's an aerial on the roof.
The house is in Donegal about ten minutes from Strabane, any options or ideas?
On the analogue i pick up bbc one and two, utv, ch4 rte1 and net 2 and tv3 no bother, can't get ch5

bailestil

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 10, 2007, 09:30:04 PM
Freeview in Derry City is served from the transmitter near Limavady, not the one on Sherrifs Mountain. Best check would be to see if you can get Channel 5 analogue, if you can your aerial is pointing to Sherrifs Mountain. Not all of Derry is apparently served from the Limavady TX. Considering some boxes only cost £20 these days at the bargain basement, it can be worth trying out before wondering what else might be needed. Not surprised that you wouldn't have an outdoor aerial, a guy I once knew from the city one time got all ten analogue channels (BBC1 & 2, UTV, C4, C5, RTÉ1 & 2, TV3, TG4 & C9) all clear with just a coat hanger in his room!
Cheers Fionntamhnach,
Aye i can get all the Channels no problem with a tiny coat hanger, mind you Sheriffs Mountain is a closer Transmitter.
Tried the box using small internal aerial and it was no use.
Might have to get up on the roof and fit an external one!... great :(