Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebuzz

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 18, 2018, 04:34:34 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 18, 2018, 03:32:07 PM
The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself. It was made deliberately to look worse by doing very little to clean up his face of dried blood before the photo was taken. There appeared to be no broken skin and the blood would therefore have come from the alleged break in his nose.

In other words it was another piece of self promotion to enhance the claims of victimhood in his book.

So by doing nothing to his face he was deliberately making it look worse?
I thought the first quote was very harsh until I saw a picture of Sean in today's Irish News. From what I could see there wasn't a mark on his face. He must be a quick healer.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 06:41:32 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 18, 2018, 06:18:46 PM
The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself. It was made deliberately to look worse by doing very little to clean up his face of dried blood before the photo was taken. There appeared to be no broken skin and the blood would therefore have come from the alleged break in his nose.

In other words it was another piece of self promotion to enhance the claims of victimhood in his book.

He didn't post the picture. But please continue to spout uninformed shite.

I think you will find he took the picture himself and sent it on to a "friend" and doesn't know how it got on from there. ::) 

Read the article below.......

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cavanagh-i-was-knocked-out-but-i-dont-know-if-it-was-deliberate-37335595.html

What you said "The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself."
What happened - sent picture privately to a friend.

Are you a slow learner?

Not quite as slow as yourself as you cannot tell the difference between posted and published.

If you don't want a picture to become public you don't send it digitally to anyone else. If you do publish it by sending it on to a 'friend' then don't feign surprise when it becomes readily available on-line on various forums especially when you are actively flogging a book and going around book shops for signing.

He neither published or posted the picture. You are wrong.

What shops has he been signing the book in? - More lies. You're making shite up just because you don't like him. If you don't like him that's fine. Just don't make up bullshit.
I'd quit now if I was you.

There you go again, mouth running off before putting any brain into gear.

Tomorrow you can have your copy of the book signed in a very small newsagents in Omagh. Go to Top News in Georges Street.

If you can't make Omagh, go to Easons in Foyleside in Derry on Saturday

https://www.easons.com/eason-events

dec

Here is an interview with Sean Cavanagh

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/45580145

It doesn't fit the description of "there wasn't a mark on his face"

omaghjoe

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 08:45:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 06:41:32 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 18, 2018, 06:18:46 PM

He didn't post the picture. But please continue to spout uninformed shite.

I think you will find he took the picture himself and sent it on to a "friend" and doesn't know how it got on from there. ::) 

Read the article below.......

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cavanagh-i-was-knocked-out-but-i-dont-know-if-it-was-deliberate-37335595.html

What you said "The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself."
What happened - sent picture privately to a friend.

Are you a slow learner?

Not quite as slow as yourself as you cannot tell the difference between posted and published.

If you don't want a picture to become public you don't send it digitally to anyone else. If you do publish it by sending it on to a 'friend' then don't feign surprise when it becomes readily available on-line on various forums especially when you are actively flogging a book and going around book shops for signing.

He neither published or posted the picture. You are wrong.

What shops has he been signing the book in? - More lies. You're making shite up just because you don't like him. If you don't like him that's fine. Just don't make up bullshit.
I'd quit now if I was you.

There you go again, mouth running off before putting any brain into gear.

Tomorrow you can have your copy of the book signed in a very small newsagents in Omagh. Go to Top News in Georges Street.

If you can't make Omagh, go to Easons in Foyleside in Derry on Saturday

https://www.easons.com/eason-events

Red herring anyone?

Published the photo  ;D ;D ;D

Jinxy

Quote from: thebuzz on September 20, 2018, 08:35:04 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 18, 2018, 04:34:34 PM

So by doing nothing to his face he was deliberately making it look worse?
I thought the first quote was very harsh until I saw a picture of Sean in today's Irish News. From what I could see there wasn't a mark on his face. He must be a quick healer.

Photoshop.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 20, 2018, 10:59:18 AM
Those are 3 different personalities completely.
Cavanagh strikes me as a gurnin bastid of the highest order.
He has little or no loyalty too; only out of that Tyrone setup a wet weekend and already mouthin off about everythin.
He has literally scattergunned all areas; Catholic Church & the GAA, Mickey Harte, Mental Health, gamesmanship and abuse in games.
Mighty mighty player but i think Joe Brolly may have been right.

Not often we agree but +1

You are one bitter Armagh man. Pity you can't get 03 and 05 out of your head after all these years.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 20, 2018, 11:32:42 PM
He has little or no loyalty too; only out of that Tyrone setup a wet weekend and already mouthin off about everythin.
He has literally scattergunned all areas; Catholic Church & the GAA, Mickey Harte, Mental Health, gamesmanship and abuse in games.

You are one bitter Armagh man. Pity you can't get 03 and 05 out of your head after all these years.

Your post says it all about you without the need for any further comment.  ::)

Jim Bob

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 21, 2018, 07:25:25 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on September 20, 2018, 11:32:42 PM

Your post says it all about you without the need for any further comment.  ::)

Truth hurts eh?

Insane Bolt

Quote from: dec on September 20, 2018, 08:46:43 PM
Here is an interview with Sean Cavanagh

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/45580145

It doesn't fit the description of "there wasn't a mark on his face"

It's good to see he is on the mend and not put off playing. Many would walk away so good on him.

haranguerer

Bud, I've no doubt Cavanagh does plenty of good, but so do the people he slates in his book. Do Mickey Harte etc and their relatives not also have access to the internet or bookshops? A legacy of the greatest manager Tyrone have ever had, and one of the best in football as whole is being tarnished by one of his greatest players to sell a book. That deserves criticism in my eyes. If he is going to question others methods and actions then he is leaving himself open to the same.

Orchard park

Did mickey Harte ever write a book or are saints allowed wallow in that murky world ???

haranguerer

He did, as did Gooch, Donaghey, and many of the others Cavanagh has been compared to on this thread. I don't, however, recall their books slating those they were involved with to the same extent (regardless of Seans over-sensitivity [imo] to one passage in MHs book), nor do I recall other gaa figures coming out and stating that what they had included about them was complete lies.

To conclude, releasing a book isn't at all reprehensible - using it to settle scores, and filling it with bullshit, is.

Brick Tamlin

What was Conor Meylers contribution that was so tellin?

Kickham csc

Quote from: Orchard park on September 21, 2018, 09:41:24 AM
Did mickey Harte ever write a book or are saints allowed wallow in that murky world ???

He did, and if I remember correctly, he was critical of the Tryone 96 and 95 teams as he believed that they didn't fully believe that they could win, but he made sure that the 00's team believed.
I took it as a slap at MacRory, wonder if he still feels the same way now

tonto1888

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 21, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
What was Conor Meylers contribution that was so tellin?

I'm amongst a lot of swearing he said it was deliberate