Author Topic: New Car Advice  (Read 8020 times)

laoislad

• View Profile
Re: New Car Advice
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »
Saw a VW Tiguan Allspace on the road today. Far nicer and bigger looking than a regular Tiguan.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2018, 10:57:46 AM »
Going to read through this thread in detail later for some advice so maybe it's mentioned but can anyone recommend any dealers in Northern England or Scotland.

I've been noseying online to the big dealers around London, cargiant.com and bigmotoringworld. However would like something closer for the drive home.

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »
In the process of buying a Kia Optima (17 car, ex-demo).

Any experience of them, it's a 1.7 Diesel manual.

/Jim.

A mate had one as a company car, he loved it. Said it was one of the best cars he ever drove.

I am driving it now for 2 weeks and I find it a lovely car.  Very comfortable, good kit and plenty of pep.  A bit early to judge economy but seems good with a mix of rural and motorway driving.

It's my first experience of a Korean make and so far I am impressed.

/Jim.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

/Jim.

A mate had one as a company car, he loved it. Said it was one of the best cars he ever drove.

I am driving it now for 2 weeks and I find it a lovely car.  Very comfortable, good kit and plenty of pep.  A bit early to judge economy but seems good with a mix of rural and motorway driving.

/Jim.

Kia 7 yr warranty Jim?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »

/Jim.

/Jim.

Kia 7 yr warranty Jim?
Yes 7 yesr/100k miles.

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »

/Jim.

/Jim.

Kia 7 yr warranty Jim?

7 years or 150 Kilometres (In the Free State we remain under the jackboot of EU oppression) which ever comes first.

I bought at 2017 car so 6 years remaining.

/Jim.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
If you have a car allowance and looking to get a decent deal on a, lets say on a 1.6 type car, with a decent extras, where is the best place to look? I'm not a petrol head so for me any new car is nice, loved the Ford Focus i had for 3 years, might even go back to that type, but interested in something different
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »
If you have a car allowance and looking to get a decent deal on a, lets say on a 1.6 type car, with a decent extras, where is the best place to look? I'm not a petrol head so for me any new car is nice, loved the Ford Focus i had for 3 years, might even go back to that type, but interested in something different

See my post above.  Kia Optima 1.7 diesel. Lots of extras.

/Jim.

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2018, 01:05:02 PM »
Those Kia's and Hyundai's would want to come with a free balaclava, because there is no way anyone with any self respect would ever be seen driving one.

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
Those Kia's and Hyundai's would want to come with a free balaclava, because there is no way anyone with any self respect would ever be seen driving one.

Because?

/Jim.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »

/Jim.

Just went through a few of them on Hurst (though I'd imagine they are robbing bstards), 215 per month and 215 deposit, through the PCH, which is what I'm looking but 5,000 miles is the deal with 9p cover for over those miles. I'd need max 10,000 miles I'd imagine..

Lovely looking car and as you say plenty of nice extras on them
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Tyrdub

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »

/Jim.

Just went through a few of them on Hurst (though I'd imagine they are robbing bstards), 215 per month and 215 deposit, through the PCH, which is what I'm looking but 5,000 miles is the deal with 9p cover for over those miles. I'd need max 10,000 miles I'd imagine..

Lovely looking car and as you say plenty of nice extras on them

Nissan Pulsar Diesel 1.5cCi

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »

Because?

/Jim.

Because they are an absolute plague. They are the motoring equivalent of white goods and every bit as exciting as a new dish washer. Why anyone would choose to drive one is beyond me.

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
You've chosen to have white goods though, haven't you? Not as exciting as washing your clothes by hand I'm sure, but handy, no?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »
You've chosen to have white goods though, haven't you? Not as exciting as washing your clothes by hand I'm sure, but handy, no?

have you ever tried donut'in a Zanussi??

Anyone any experience of the Mazda 6? They look a decent motor and seem to be fairly economical (diesel).