Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Karen Bradley is on a roll this evening. In an interview she basically parrots the complete DUP policy on getting Stormont up and running and work on other issues 'on the side.'

To top this all off she then reveals that she wasn't aware that nationalists and unionists don't vote across party lines when she was first given the SoS portfolio.

johnnycool

Jonny now getting round to sucking Arlene into the mess;

"11:07
'Why did my adviser consult Foster about my business?'
Mr Bell's adviser asked DETI civil servants on behalf of Arlene Foster whether the assembly debate on passing the cost controls for the RHI scheme could be delayed by a week or two.

Tim Cairns posed the question after Mrs Foster had received a query from a constituent in her Fermanagh and South Tyrone constituency.

But a senior civil servant told him that delaying the cost controls by just a week would've added at least £2.6m a year over to the cost of the initiative over its 20-year lifetime.

Getty Images
Mr Bell says he wasn't aware of the request but he should've been told about it by his adviser.

"Why is my special adviser taking my departmental business and taking instructions... from Mrs Foster?" he asks.

He also wasn't told of the projected cost at the time and he "can't believe... why that didn't come in an urgent submission to the minister"."

Seems like these Ministers have awful bad memories or no one was telling them anything!

dec

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/uk-regions/northern-ireland/news/98027/karen-bradley-i-did-not-know-people-northern-ireland

Karen Bradley has admitted she did not know voters in Northern Ireland split along constitutional lines before becoming its Secretary of State.

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn't understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she said.
"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland - people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa.
"So, the parties fight for the election within their own community. Actually, the unionist parties fight the elections against each other in unionist communities and nationalists in nationalist communities.
"That's a very different world from the world I came from where in Staffordshire Moorlands I was fighting a Labour-held seat as a Conservative politician and I was trying to put forward why you would want to switch from voting Labour to voting Conservative.

playwiththewind1st

As Reginald Maudling said years ago on a flight out of Belfast "for God's sake, bring me a large scotch. What a bloody awful country". He was a Tory Home Secretary,  so it looks like nothing much has changed since.

give her dixie

I hope someone explained to her how a game of Gaelic football is played before she went to the All Ireland final last Sunday
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

michaelg

Quote from: give her dixie on September 07, 2018, 08:46:15 PM
I hope someone explained to her how a game of Gaelic football is played before she went to the All Ireland final last Sunday
I hope someone explained to her what contstitued a foul / free-kick etc.  To the uninitiated, it is baffling.

seafoid

Quote from: dec on September 07, 2018, 07:27:00 PM
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/uk-regions/northern-ireland/news/98027/karen-bradley-i-did-not-know-people-northern-ireland

Karen Bradley has admitted she did not know voters in Northern Ireland split along constitutional lines before becoming its Secretary of State.

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn't understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she said.
"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland - people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa.
"So, the parties fight for the election within their own community. Actually, the unionist parties fight the elections against each other in unionist communities and nationalists in nationalist communities.
"That's a very different world from the world I came from where in Staffordshire Moorlands I was fighting a Labour-held seat as a Conservative politician and I was trying to put forward why you would want to switch from voting Labour to voting Conservative.
Most English people know very little about NI. What love there is is mostly one way only
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on September 07, 2018, 10:38:07 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on September 07, 2018, 08:46:15 PM
I hope someone explained to her what contstitued a foul / free-kick etc.  To the uninitiated, it is baffling.

Even those of us initiated find referees baffling.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

And then there's the playing rules of hurling .....and how they're applied.
Challenge and cheese ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

It's not just Arlene's bigotry and hatred that shines through in this place.

Surely it would have been easier to drive past the Narrow water memorial that to go out of your way to desecrate it

Sweeper 123

Quote from: LCohen on September 16, 2018, 08:38:58 AM

Surely it would have been easier to drive past the Narrow water memorial that to go out of your way to desecrate it

Dont think anyone was going out of their way, think they were walking past on the footpath.  It shouldnt of happened but dont exagerate

LCohen

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on September 16, 2018, 08:47:20 AM
Quote from: LCohen on September 16, 2018, 08:38:58 AM

Dont think anyone was going out of their way, think they were walking past on the footpath.  It shouldnt of happened but dont exagerate

It's good that we have an eyewitness to these unsavoury events. Surely the right thing will be done then?

I apologise profusely for my exaggeration. I was completely unaware that a group of individuals have travelled over 30 miles to a game and the way back stopped after a mile coincidentally at the sight of the memorial and in the act of walking along a footpath did damage to the memorial without in any way going out of their way to do so and then travelled on the remainder of their 30 mile journey. I can only say I'm sorry

Dire Ear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45560092
A Democratic Unionist Party councillor has apologised to an Alliance Party member for claiming she was a "mouthpiece for the Provisional IRA".

haranguerer

The real issue here was the attempt to slur the ballymurphy families - said councillor seemed to miss that point and made it about herself a bit.