Author Topic: Arlene's bigotry shines through  (Read 45647 times)

Hardy

• View Profile
Re: Arlene's bigotry shines through
« Reply #660 on: May 09, 2018, 10:25:17 AM »
Just wondering why is it taken as a given that 6 Cos residents would be down  £5k in a UI.?
Would their pay not rise to the equivalent of the 26 Co workers? ?
It's us who would likely be down €5k as things are at present.

It's laughable, really. Some North Koreans probably fear reunification because a carthorse costs more in the South.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/star-trek-boldly-predicting-the-return-of-the-north-in-2024-might-yet-come-to-pass/
Exports from the Republic are €89bn while from the North, exports are a paltry €6bn. This obviously reflects multinationals, but it also underscores just how far ahead the Republic’s industrial base is. Producing 15 times more exports underscores a vast difference in terms of the globalisation of business.

The Republic’s economy is now four times that of the North, even though the labour force is not even two-and-a-half times bigger.

In terms of income per head, the Republic is now almost twice as rich per person as the North. The average income per head in the Republic is €39,873, while it languishes at €23,700 up North.

The differing fortunes of North and South can be easily seen in the fact that, having been smaller than Belfast at the time of partition, the population of the greater Dublin area is now almost three times bigger than the greater Belfast metropolitan region.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/northern-ireland-and-the-trip-advisor-index-of-economic-vibrancy/
Immigration is a traditional indicator of economic vitality. In the Republic, one in six people are immigrants, the corresponding figure for the North is one in a hundred.
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »
Yes, McWilliams sums it up well when he says (paraphrasing here) that "People from the North complain about the price of a pint in Dublin.  What they really should be saying is why are my wages so low"

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
Yes, McWilliams sums it up well when he says (paraphrasing here) that "People from the North complain about the price of a pint in Dublin.  What they really should be saying is why are my wages so low"

...or don't go near Dublin.

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 09, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
Benefits of unification also that there is greater potential to redress a dublin centric enonomy

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 09, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »
Just wondering why is it taken as a given that 6 Cos residents would be down  £5k in a UI.?

It's laughable, really. Some North Koreans probably fear reunification because a carthorse costs more in the South.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/star-trek-boldly-predicting-the-return-of-the-north-in-2024-might-yet-come-to-pass/
Exports from the Republic are €89bn while from the North, exports are a paltry €6bn. This obviously reflects multinationals, but it also underscores just how far ahead the Republic’s industrial base is. Producing 15 times more exports underscores a vast difference in terms of the globalisation of business.

The Republic’s economy is now four times that of the North, even though the labour force is not even two-and-a-half times bigger.

In terms of income per head, the Republic is now almost twice as rich per person as the North. The average income per head in the Republic is €39,873, while it languishes at €23,700 up North.

The differing fortunes of North and South can be easily seen in the fact that, having been smaller than Belfast at the time of partition, the population of the greater Dublin area is now almost three times bigger than the greater Belfast metropolitan region.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/northern-ireland-and-the-trip-advisor-index-of-economic-vibrancy/
Immigration is a traditional indicator of economic vitality. In the Republic, one in six people are immigrants, the corresponding figure for the North is one in a hundred.

Stripping out multinational fraud and 15% shenanigans, indigenous export performance isn't much better than NI.
House prices are back to boom levels and faker than  Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It is all speculation.  Very little investment.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 09, 2018, 11:52:05 AM »

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #666 on: May 09, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »
Spacecraft?????
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 09, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »
Spacecraft?????

Exactly....I know we are spacers😜

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 09, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
Its looks like a set category, lumped in with aircraft

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 09, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
It's us in the 26 need to be guaranteed we won't be impoverished by subsidising the 6 Cos basket case.

Does anybody in the south have principles or does absolutely everything come down to money?

Does anybody in the North have a brain or does absolutely everything come down to us v. them?
 - How do you like it?

Tis hard to avoid when you have two diametrically opposed camps. There is of course a spectrum in between which some wise observers want to nurture but without joint responsibility and joint government they will eventually fall into one side of the fence or the other.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 09, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
Arlene has offered to help resolve the Enniskillen remembrance memorial. I assume she thinks that she is an honest broker!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 09, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »

Yes sorry I was speaking hypothetically.

I was making the point that it won't come down to money for everyone and you don't have to be a hardline republican to appreciate sacrifice and my view is that positive or negative economics wouldn't effect my vote and I think there would be more than 20% in that camp.

I personally think after a change over period of some years that the Island would be a lot more prosperous for everyone so I think you could change a lot of minds in terms of think of your children and the benefit that they could get from this!

sensethetone

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 09, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »
Arlene has offered to help resolve the Enniskillen remembrance memorial. I assume she thinks that she is an honest broker!

Basically calling out the St Michael's trust to embarrass them.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 09, 2018, 03:12:58 PM »

Nice analogy :D :D

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 09, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »

Basically calling out the St Michael's trust to embarrass them.

What is the craic there alright?

Firstly I presume they gave the go ahead for a memorial in the first place as it would be bad manners for anyone to apply for something on someone else's property and then to pull the plug!

Is it to do with the size or wording on it as it being alluded to?