Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on May 09, 2018, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 09, 2018, 10:15:30 AM
Just wondering why is it taken as a given that 6 Cos residents would be down  £5k in a UI.?
Would their pay not rise to the equivalent of the 26 Co workers? ?
It's us who would likely be down €5k as things are at present.

It's laughable, really. Some North Koreans probably fear reunification because a carthorse costs more in the South.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/star-trek-boldly-predicting-the-return-of-the-north-in-2024-might-yet-come-to-pass/
QuoteExports from the Republic are €89bn while from the North, exports are a paltry €6bn. This obviously reflects multinationals, but it also underscores just how far ahead the Republic's industrial base is. Producing 15 times more exports underscores a vast difference in terms of the globalisation of business.

The Republic's economy is now four times that of the North, even though the labour force is not even two-and-a-half times bigger.

In terms of income per head, the Republic is now almost twice as rich per person as the North. The average income per head in the Republic is €39,873, while it languishes at €23,700 up North.

The differing fortunes of North and South can be easily seen in the fact that, having been smaller than Belfast at the time of partition, the population of the greater Dublin area is now almost three times bigger than the greater Belfast metropolitan region.

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/northern-ireland-and-the-trip-advisor-index-of-economic-vibrancy/
QuoteImmigration is a traditional indicator of economic vitality. In the Republic, one in six people are immigrants, the corresponding figure for the North is one in a hundred.

Stripping out multinational fraud and 15% shenanigans, indigenous export performance isn't much better than NI.
House prices are back to boom levels and faker than  Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It is all speculation.  Very little investment.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Insane Bolt

haranguerer

Its looks like a set category, lumped in with aircraft

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on May 09, 2018, 10:18:18 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 08, 2018, 04:51:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 08, 2018, 02:08:48 PM
It's us in the 26 need to be guaranteed we won't be impoverished by subsidising the 6 Cos basket case.

Does anybody in the south have principles or does absolutely everything come down to money?

Does anybody in the North have a brain or does absolutely everything come down to us v. them?
- How do you like it?

Tis hard to avoid when you have two diametrically opposed camps. There is of course a spectrum in between which some wise observers want to nurture but without joint responsibility and joint government they will eventually fall into one side of the fence or the other.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Arlene has offered to help resolve the Enniskillen remembrance memorial. I assume she thinks that she is an honest broker!

WT4E

Just wondering why is it taken as a given that 6 Cos residents would be down  £5k in a UI.?

Yes sorry I was speaking hypothetically.

I was making the point that it won't come down to money for everyone and you don't have to be a hardline republican to appreciate sacrifice and my view is that positive or negative economics wouldn't effect my vote and I think there would be more than 20% in that camp.

I personally think after a change over period of some years that the Island would be a lot more prosperous for everyone so I think you could change a lot of minds in terms of think of your children and the benefit that they could get from this!

sensethetone

Quote from: Orior on May 09, 2018, 02:26:12 PM
Arlene has offered to help resolve the Enniskillen remembrance memorial. I assume she thinks that she is an honest broker!

Basically calling out the St Michael's trust to embarrass them.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on May 09, 2018, 10:25:17 AM

It's laughable, really. Some North Koreans probably fear reunification because a carthorse costs more in the South.

Nice analogy :D :D

johnnycool

Quote from: sensethetone on May 09, 2018, 03:10:32 PM

What is the craic there alright?

Firstly I presume they gave the go ahead for a memorial in the first place as it would be bad manners for anyone to apply for something on someone else's property and then to pull the plug!

Is it to do with the size or wording on it as it being alluded to?

Orior

Why can they not put it elsewhere?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on May 09, 2018, 03:54:22 PM
Why can they not put it elsewhere?

Cause someone else will probably oppose it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sensethetone

It's going where Arlene wants it or she'll pack her bags and go..

haranguerer

Quote from: johnnycool on May 09, 2018, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on May 09, 2018, 03:10:32 PM

What is the craic there alright?

Firstly I presume they gave the go ahead for a memorial in the first place as it would be bad manners for anyone to apply for something on someone else's property and then to pull the plug!

Is it to do with the size or wording on it as it being alluded to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41922627

Originally planned for an area not owned by the trust. Transport NI objected as blocked a pavement, new site proposed last minute owned by church. Not suitable for there either, so church saying no. Funny not a word about Transport NI original objections, nor any effort to combat those, just the (even more valid) objections by the catholic church.

A disgusting effort to sectarianise this and smear the church imo, I hope they don't get their way.