Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

There is nothing economic in anything the dup say. Bitter bigots who want to drive every wedge they can between the north and the south. Not one crap could they give about a peace process.

marty34

I think it was Nelson Mc C of the DUP said "I wouldn't care what sort of situation I face as long as I'm out of Europe".

This was Feb 2017.

That tells us everything.

Smokin Joe

I can't believe that the farming community aren't giving the DUP hell around their stance.

Northern Irish agri / dairy is sold on the basis of us maintaining EC standards.  After next March how do the third countries update their required standards to say that UK standards are acceptable?  Will they need to be tested / audited? And if so, how long will that take?
What happens before those standards are changed?

In terms of other sectors effected:

In the material handling sector (a sector where NI, and specifically Tyrone lead the world) the equipment tends to confirm with the EC Machinery Directive, and is CE marked accordingly.  The body that is attesting that the equipment applies to the CE standard needs to be based in the EU.  This will really complicate things for the manufacturing sector.

The aerospace industry is very tightly regulated and is governed by the European Aviation and Safety Agency (EASA).  Again will UK manufacturers be able to supply parts to be used in planes as they will be outside of EASA?

seafoid

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 11, 2018, 09:28:42 PM
I can't believe that the farming community aren't giving the DUP hell around their stance.

Northern Irish agri / dairy is sold on the basis of us maintaining EC standards.  After next March how do the third countries update their required standards to say that UK standards are acceptable?  Will they need to be tested / audited? And if so, how long will that take?

In the material handling sector (a sector where NI, and specifically Tyrone lead the world) the equipment tends to confirm with the EC Machinery Directive, and is CE marked accordingly.  The body that is attesting that the equipment applies to the CE standard needs to be based in the EU.  This will really complicate things for the manufacturing sector.

The aerospace industry is very tightly regulated and is governed by the European Aviation and Safety Agency (EASA).  Again will UK manufacturers be able to supply parts to be used in planes as they will be outside of EASA?
Great post. The DUP is not behaving rationally.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Some of these people think they'll have an  advantage in the English market.

But the point is still valid, there is very little discussion as the meteorite approaches.  No protests in support of the GFA, no 1000 truck protests.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Dairy farmers nearly all to a man voted leave. Red tape, being told what to do and when to do it by Brussels being the main reasons. And you know what? They are dead right. Regardless of what happens the UK government will support them. So for the farming sector there is probably no downside.
Personally I'd love to see the bundle of hungry c***ts being put on the side of the road, but that's unlikely.

Hardy

What an extraordinary opinion.

seafoid

Torygraph

« The Prime Minister told her Brexit "war Cabinet" Thursday afternoon that a proposal to keep Britain in a customs union with the EU until a trade deal can be agreed will have no end date, leading to fears the arrangement could become permanent. »

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on October 11, 2018, 10:48:16 PM

Dairy farmers nearly all to a man voted leave. Red tape, being told what to do and when to do it by Brussels being the main reasons. And you know what? They are dead right. Regardless of what happens the UK government will support them. So for the farming sector there is probably no downside.
Personally I'd love to see the bundle of hungry c***ts being put on the side of the road, but that's unlikely.

Who's going to buy all this milk and products from it. China?

Currently a very high percentage of milk produced in the North makes its way unfettered to Creameries in the South for processing. This could possibly change overnight in an instance if a hard Brexit is the outcome.

That's no good for either the Dairy farmers in the North or the Creameries in the South.

Currently the only milk processing plant in the North in Newtownards makes powdered milk and those wee pots of UHT milk

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 12, 2018, 08:52:01 AM

Who's going to buy all this milk and products from it. China?

Currently a very high percentage of milk produced in the North makes its way unfettered to Creameries in the South for processing. This could possibly change overnight in an instance if a hard Brexit is the outcome.

That's no good for either the Dairy farmers in the North or the Creameries in the South.

Currently the only milk processing plant in the North in Newtownards makes powdered milk and those wee pots of UHT milk

There's a market for you right there Johnnycool, open up a Creameries processing plant!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Utter bullshit. Incredibly inaccurate.

GJL

Quote from: haranguerer on October 12, 2018, 09:04:36 AM

Utter Udder bullshit. Incredibly inaccurate.

Sorry...

Hereiam

Dale farm & Strathroy Dairies make powdered milk.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hereiam on October 12, 2018, 10:22:18 AM
Dale farm & Strathroy Dairies make powdered milk.

Who owns them, Avonmore?

Hereiam