Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ziggysego on September 25, 2018, 12:49:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 25, 2018, 11:08:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2018, 06:02:42 PM
So what if you work for an Irish company owned by a Danish company which has a global market for its goods... will that have an effect on the jobs, costs, pricing? The question has been asked but there are no answers other than 'it will be grand'

You are finally reaching the point that the rest of us reached months/years ago.  Remember, when you told us all to forget about it "cos it will all be grand".

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so important.

But this is it, the clever people who have their finger on the pulse, couldnt answer that same question.. so I've come here where there seems to be an answer for everything, and I'm stil waiting.. personally I don't think in my line of work it will have much too much change, but others not so..

Thats if it happens of course ::)

We asked for answers, we demanded answered, we knew things wouldn't be right. Then the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP and we knew we were royally screwed then.

It wasn't a case of it will all blow over as you stated.

I didnt say anything of the sort, my view was simple, I didnt vote for it or want to leave the EU, nor did I expect it when I went to bed that night, the only thing I've notice is an increase on a few things and sharper a than normal increase, which could rise further, the other obviously is the value of the pound.. If I shop around for the things that are the day to day stuff I'm not that much out of pocket TBH..

With my job Ive been lucky enough that it hasnt affected it either at the minute but again its never been discussed with us in terms of if a change is happening.. My question is, if I am employed by a parent company that is Danish, run by a company set up in Dublin, with goods produced in Denmark and sold in the UK (Northern Ireland) how will that possibly work out?

Tesco have been running the 25% offer for 6 bottles lately so its cheap enough though Ive been off the drink a month now, and a health drive with food, purely moral support for her in doors, though I'm reaping the benefits of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2018, 01:36:26 PM
Watching frampton's documentary last night it was interesting seeing "leave eu" written all over the side of houses in tigers bay and then eu flags on the 11th night bonfire. I wonder what reasons these people have for wanting to leave the eu??

"To get further away from themuns down South" is how an eloquent young lady put it when I asked her why she was voting Leave

Absolutely no knowledge of 'down South' or the people there. Just irrational hate and irrational love of flags and fires

Stacey Dooley's documentary on the DUP is worth watching on IPlayer. It's hilarious, yet sad and depressing at the same time
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

weareros

Watching frampton's documentary last night it was interesting seeing "leave eu" written all over the side of houses in tigers bay and then eu flags on the 11th night bonfire. I wonder what reasons these people have for wanting to leave the eu??

Before their fairly recent about turn, wasn't Sinn Fein pretty anti-Eu, too?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: weareros on September 25, 2018, 01:55:50 PM

Still are i heard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Not sure weareros.

Interesting gold though i am not sure i could bring myself to watch an entire show on the dup! Sounds anout right though.

Arlene telling some good stories again today. How do you know she's lying? When her lips move i suspect is the answer.

trailer

SF very anti EU. The UKIP of Ireland. Consistently campaigned for No votes in all referendums. Didn't register as an official remain party and tellingly didn't campaign for a remain vote. West Belfast a SF stronghold had the lowest turnout in the referendum of all constituencies.

TheOptimist

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2018, 04:23:30 PM

SF very anti EU. The UKIP of Ireland. Consistently campaigned for No votes in all referendums. Didn't register as an official remain party and tellingly didn't campaign for a remain vote. West Belfast a SF stronghold had the lowest turnout in the referendum of all constituencies.

That's just false

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-to-campaign-against-brexit-in-eu-referendum-1.2476720

Hardy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2018, 01:49:41 PM
So what if you work for an Irish company owned by a Danish company which has a global market for its goods... will that have an effect on the jobs, costs, pricing? The question has been asked but there are no answers other than 'it will be grand'

You are finally reaching the point that the rest of us reached months/years ago.  Remember, when you told us all to forget about it "cos it will all be grand".

But this is it, the clever people who have their finger on the pulse, couldnt answer that same question.. so I've come here where there seems to be an answer for everything, and I'm stil waiting.. personally I don't think in my line of work it will have much too much change, but others not so..

We asked for answers, we demanded answered, we knew things wouldn't be right. Then the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP and we knew we were royally screwed then.

I didnt say anything of the sort, my view was simple, I didnt vote for it or want to leave the EU, nor did I expect it when I went to bed that night, the only thing I've notice is an increase on a few things and sharper a than normal increase, which could rise further, the other obviously is the value of the pound.. If I shop around for the things that are the day to day stuff I'm not that much out of pocket TBH..

With my job Ive been lucky enough that it hasnt affected it either at the minute but again its never been discussed with us in terms of if a change is happening.. My question is, if I am employed by a parent company that is Danish, run by a company set up in Dublin, with goods produced in Denmark and sold in the UK (Northern Ireland) how will that possibly work out?

Tesco have been running the 25% offer for 6 bottles lately so its cheap enough though Ive been off the drink a month now, and a health drive with food, purely moral support for her in doors, though I'm reaping the benefits of it

You are aware that Brexit hasn't happened yet?

trailer

Quote from: TheOptimist on September 25, 2018, 04:49:41 PM

That's just false

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-to-campaign-against-brexit-in-eu-referendum-1.2476720

No it's not. And the article (from 2015) you linked says they will campaign for yes vote but in reality they didn't bother.

Franko

Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

Despite many reminders, I'm not sure if he's realised that yet either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on September 25, 2018, 05:22:51 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

Despite many reminders, I'm not sure if he's realised that yet either.

Hasn't happened might not happen and the experts still don't know what will happen if it happens at all!

TheOptimist

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

That's just false

No it's not. And the article (from 2015) you linked says they will campaign for yes vote but in reality they didn't bother.

You're some craic. I know when the article was from, that's the point. But whats the point of arguing, you clearly have your knickers in a twist over Sinn Fein for whatever reason.

"The UKIP of Ireland". I rubbished that with a ten second google.

trailer

Quote from: TheOptimist on September 25, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

That's just false

You're some craic. I know when the article was from, that's the point. But whats the point of arguing, you clearly have your knickers in a twist over Sinn Fein for whatever reason.

I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy.
https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/02/01/sinn-fein-failed-to-register-for-the-brexit-referendum-ie-it-took-no-part-in-preventing-brexit/

AQMP

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2018, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on September 25, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

That's just false

I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy.
https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/02/01/sinn-fein-failed-to-register-for-the-brexit-referendum-ie-it-took-no-part-in-preventing-brexit/

If you read some of the comments on that article it appears that Alliance (strong Remain) and the UUP (admittedly very, very soft Remain) didn't register either.

haranguerer

That's just false

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, so you should stop.