Whos coming to Belfast today?

Started by haranguerer, October 21, 2010, 08:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

'Security operation' on round bottom of Ormeau, noone parked on McClure street and surrounding areas, anyone know what for?

Banana Man

it was on the radio that hillsborough is at gridlock, must be a royal visit or something...

Hardy

I doubt it. We don't even have a manager right now.

Banana Man

My bad Hardy, a member of the anglo-german royalty from the house of Windsor...

ziggysego

Some German Queen and her Greek bit.
Testing Accessibility

wdusln

Royal visit for UTV HD launch
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have arrived in Northern Ireland and visited UTV in Belfast to launch the station's High Definition channel.

Thursday, 21 October 2010
TAGS: LOCAL NEWS
Her Majesty and His Royal Highness were welcomed by the Chairman of UTV Media plc, John McGuckian.

Accompanied by Group Chief Executive John McCann and Managing Director of UTV Television Michael Wilson, the Royal visitors were given a tour of the studios and the News and Content floor.

After meeting members of the team, including News Editor Chris Hagan and Executive Producer Julie O'Connor, Her Majesty and His Royal Highness were given a weather forecast demonstration by presenter Frank Mitchell and watched archive footage of their previous visits to Northern Ireland.

Article Continues
John McGuckian said: "We are honoured that Her Majesty agreed to make her first visit to UTV to launch our HD service.

"Last year we celebrated 50 years of broadcasting and it has been an interesting half century which has seen UTV grow from television to radio, new media and beyond.

"Who knows what the next 50 years will hold - but I am delighted that we continue to entertain and inform our audiences and remain by far the most watched channel in Northern Ireland."

He added: "Today represents a major milestone in UTV's history and once again we are leading the way in by becoming the first broadcaster on the island of Ireland to launch HD television.

"HD pictures will add a new dimension to our outstanding coverage of news and current affairs in Northern Ireland and reinforce our reputation for outstanding journalism and as market leader."

© UTV News

Orior

And lapsed GAA Burren man Frank Mitchell gave her a good seeing to the weather

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11597174
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have arrived in Northern Ireland and visited UTV in Belfast to launch the station's High Definition channel.

What we've all been waiting for.  Coronation Street in HD.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnneycool

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 21, 2010, 01:28:13 PM

What we've all been waiting for.  Coronation Street in HD.

So they now do promotional work for large corporations?

Who's picking up the tab?

Cde

wouldnt mind seeing coronation street in HD

Tony Baloney

Is this for real? Surely they aren't over just to launch UTV HD?! Wasn't Julian Simmons available?!

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2010, 02:31:47 PM
Is this for real? Surely they aren't over just to launch UTV HD?! Wasn't Julian Simmons available?!

They wanted a real Queen ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 21, 2010, 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2010, 02:31:47 PM

They wanted a real Queen ;)
Julian isn't gay is he?! ;)

Banana Man

I mind at school (St Colman's) Julian's weightlifter boyfriend was in teaching on a 6 month temporary post, big lad, drank protein shakes all day and no that wasn't an innuendo  :D

snoopdog

Quote from: Banana Man on October 21, 2010, 03:40:40 PM
I mind at school (St Colman's) Julian's weightlifter boyfriend was in teaching on a 6 month temporary post, big lad, drank protein shakes all day and no that wasn't an innuendo  :D
They werent Banana flavoured shakes by any chance ;D ;D
when was that, i left in 95 so it must be a while after that i assume.