Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Do I have this right?

You are a Sinn Fein supporter, who wants both us and Briton out of the EU, you want the USA isolated, and you want us all to worship Putin?

MWWSI 2017

Kursk

Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
Do I have this right?

You are a Sinn Fein supporter, who wants both us and Briton out of the EU, you want the USA isolated, and you want us all to worship Putin?

I don't care about Sinn Fein or their policies except that they align with my interests in getting Ireland out of the EU. It has been a disaster. I don't think Ireland can go it alone if Britain does not leave Europe so that is why I support the Brexit.

As for US isolation, is it not clear that US hegemony has been a disaster for the middle east and Europe ? Have you forgotten 7/7 and Madrid ? There are 1.5 million refugees heading to Germany with 4million more to follow. The US is outsourcing the consequences of their actions to Europe. Surely this much is obvious by now.

I don't expect people to hero whorship Putin or Russia. I have already said they are re not exactly likeable. However, being liked is worth nothing. Being feared and respected counts for a lot more. I think , in the long term, European interests would be better served by aligning with Russia. 

Itchy

Well lads, I've a clean out done and have bags of kids clothes in good condition. Anyone know if there is anyone collecting clothes for the refugee crisis?

Kursk

Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2015, 11:37:50 PM
Well lads, I've a clean out done and have bags of kids clothes in good condition. Anyone know if there is anyone collecting clothes for the refugee crisis?

do the clothes have a red cross on them ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5vzUBpwwZg

Itchy

Quote from: Kursk on October 30, 2015, 11:46:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2015, 11:37:50 PM

do the clothes have a red cross on them ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5vzUBpwwZg

Anyone with anything constructive to say please reply, others don't bother.

Kursk

ok, sorry, I was being a bit too cynical.

I don't agree with the politics of the whole situation but I suppose we should never forget the human aspect.

you can try these folks

http://humanappeal.ie/media/blog/clothes-from-irish-appeal-on-the-way-to-syria-part-1/#.VjQGWKR0z4g

and these

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/limerick-to-calais-group-appeals-for-clothes-for-syrian-refugees-694820.html

stew

Do I have this right?

Bang on muppet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Kursk

Quote from: stew on October 31, 2015, 01:00:23 AM
Do I have this right?

Bang on muppet.

Christ, another liberal bed wetter  ::) The reason the US is banjaxed is because of wekness like this.

muppet

Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 01:15:14 AM
Do I have this right?

Bang on muppet.

Christ, another liberal bed wetter  ::) The reason the US is banjaxed is because of wekness like this.

I have also noticed your constant theme of anti political correctness.

Most of us give out about it, even if we subconsciously like some of it, but for you it is worthy of revolution. You want to restore religion and 'family values' by taking Ireland out of the EU and sending us back to the 1970s. If you add in your obvious hatred for the USA, it is incomprehensible the damage that would be done to our economy if anyone listened to you.

I had thought originally you were another Shinner bot (where have they all gone?), but I was wrong, they all follow the party message at all times. Views such as yours are not represented by any party.
MWWSI 2017

Kursk

Quote from: muppet on October 31, 2015, 07:32:32 AM
Quote from: Kursk on October 31, 2015, 01:15:14 AM
Do I have this right?

Bang on muppet.

I have also noticed your constant theme of anti political correctness.

Most of us give out about it, even if we subconsciously like some of it, but for you it is worthy of revolution. You want to restore religion and 'family values' by taking Ireland out of the EU and sending us back to the 1970s. If you add in your obvious hatred for the USA, it is incomprehensible the damage that would be done to our economy if anyone listened to you.

I had thought originally you were another Shinner bot (where have they all gone?), but I was wrong, they all follow the party message at all times. Views such as yours are not represented by any party.

revolution  :o

Its the opposite. Its the scale of rapid economic and social change being imposed by unelected entities that I have a problem with.

Apparently I (and you and everybody else) owe $60000 each, the second highest debt burden in the world. Thanks EU !

Rossfan

Thanks Bertie, McCreevy, Barney, Cowen, Lenihan ya mean!
Right wing  neo liberalism got us into the mess.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kursk

Quote from: Rossfan on October 31, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
Thanks Bertie, McCreevy, Barney, Cowen, Lenihan ya mean!
Right wing  neo liberalism got us into the mess.

and what do you think the EU is but a neo-liberal project ? Even their own EU funded research says so  ;D

http://www.forschungsnetzwerk.at/downloadpub/neoliberalism_eu_SR%2003-07.pdf

DrinkingHarp

Let me start by saying the EU/US should be assisting in placing refugees in their respected countries, but when refugees refuse accommodations based on unreasonably expectations, its time to boot them. Sweden in this example below are averaging 10,000 refugees a week and had to borrow more money to help with assisting the refugees. It's mind boggling on how people (refugees) in horrible circumstances can refuse or not be satisfied with aid being provided to them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/29/refugees-refusing-leave-bus-too-cold-sweden-removed

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Itchy

Those 14 people should be deported, simple.

Kursk

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 01, 2015, 12:02:38 AM
Let me start by saying the EU/US should be assisting in placing refugees in their respected countries, but when refugees refuse accommodations based on unreasonably expectations, its time to boot them. Sweden in this example below are averaging 10,000 refugees a week and had to borrow more money to help with assisting the refugees. It's mind boggling on how people (refugees) in horrible circumstances can refuse or not be satisfied with aid being provided to them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/29/refugees-refusing-leave-bus-too-cold-sweden-removed

4000 over 4 or 5 years might be manageable but there are 8000 entering every day and the supposed winter slowdown is not happening. I expected the other 4 million next summer but it looks like they'll be here long before then. That's just the 4 million in Turkey/Lebanon etc. There are a further 8 million displaced internally. The total population is 28million and if , as it looks likely, Syria will simply cease to exist in the future they will all have to live somewhere.

That's just Syria, there are 60milion refugees world wide. A huge slice of that is within striking distance of Europe. Merkel has stated that "The rights to political asylum has no limits on the number of Asylum seekers" so this is the political will of Europe as it stands..and what Merkel wants is what you want.

And that's just the refugees. It does not even consider economic migrants.