Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2015, 01:35:17 PM
That would make sense guy. (Muppet, I'm not sure why you introduced that anecdote, I'm not suggesting we don't help the needy, and I'm sure they'll be additions to society). But then wouldn't that suggest the refugee camps in Turkey etc would be full of women and children as the men go to Hungary or wherever. I'm not seeing that in the pictures. It looks like at least 75% of the people are young men.

My point was more for the other poster arguing against refugees on the basis of cut backs. But my post did quote yours which confused the issue.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2015, 03:30:21 PM
That would make sense guy. (Muppet, I'm not sure why you introduced that anecdote, I'm not suggesting we don't help the needy, and I'm sure they'll be additions to society). But then wouldn't that suggest the refugee camps in Turkey etc would be full of women and children as the men go to Hungary or wherever. I'm not seeing that in the pictures. It looks like at least 75% of the people are young men.

My point was more for the other poster arguing against refugees on the basis of cut backs. But my post did quote yours which confused the issue.

Fair enough. I think we're probably fairly aligned in our thinking on this one. Nobody likes to see innocent people suffer, and when something can be done about it, it should be done.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2015, 03:33:28 PM

Fair enough. I think we're probably fairly aligned in our thinking on this one. Nobody likes to see innocent people suffer, and when something can be done about it, it should be done.

I agree. I don't buy that these people are economic tourists or, in particular, part of some ISIS plot to plant sleepers here.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2015, 03:38:55 PM

I agree. I don't buy that these people are economic tourists or, in particular, part of some ISIS plot to plant sleepers here.

Just invite the whole of the middle east and africa over to live off welfare. Might as well. Some of the bleeding hearts will advocate it.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

mikehunt

Kenny the schnake will grant them citizenship not as an act of kindness but as a method of vote getting. Have you seen the numbers getting citizenship the last few years? This govt would never do anything for the good of Irish society nevermind anyone else's.

macdanger2

Foxy & mikey back together again, it's been a while lads  ;D ;D

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on September 10, 2015, 03:52:49 PM

Just invite the whole of the middle east and africa over to live off welfare. Might as well. Some of the bleeding hearts will advocate it.
Do you have a view on it? One that isn't exaggerated or sarcastic?

Hardy

What's your position on whether refugees should pay water charges?

Hardy

Quote from: mikehunt on September 10, 2015, 04:06:20 PM
Kenny the schnake will grant them citizenship not as an act of kindness but as a method of vote getting. Have you seen the numbers getting citizenship the last few years? This govt would never do anything for the good of Irish society nevermind anyone else's.

Coming over here, taking our citizenship ...

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on September 10, 2015, 05:01:50 PM

Do you have a view on it? One that isn't exaggerated or sarcastic? (nod to esmerelda)  ::)

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on September 10, 2015, 05:03:28 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 10, 2015, 04:06:20 PM

Coming over here, taking our citizenship ...

Kenny & Co can't give it away fast enough.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on September 10, 2015, 05:08:29 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 10, 2015, 05:01:50 PM

Do you have a view on it? One that isn't exaggerated or sarcastic? (nod to esmerelda)  ::)
So no view? Just the one answer fits all emoticon?

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 10, 2015, 04:15:37 PM

Who said it was exaggerated or sarcastic?

muppet

Tourists On Greek Island Disgusted By Refugees

https://youtu.be/xQzyKYo7ggo

The Daily Mail. They seem to have beaten Fox News to the punch on this one.
MWWSI 2017

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on September 10, 2015, 05:29:39 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 10, 2015, 04:15:37 PM

Who said it was exaggerated or sarcastic?
::) ;)