6 (13.3%)
Cork
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: August 30, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Jayop

Quote from: maigheo on July 28, 2019, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Jayop on July 27, 2019, 11:19:19 PM
That second half today was just a fantastic advert for football. I was glued to it.

The mayo lad that flicked the ball to himself six inches from his goal line in extra time must have balls of steel. I was pissing myself laughing at the audacity.
Thought that was absolutely brilliant and have watched it a few times since  and it seemed to Paul Walsh the most natural thing in the world to do.Absoulte class

Fearless youth. Minor football is class to watch at times for that very reason.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 27, 2019, 09:48:27 PM
Well done Galway dominated around the middle. McLoughlin and Joyce the two key players and Galway took their goal chances. Best of luck.
Have you seen much of Aaron Browne, Dinny?

Main Street

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Connacht must be pumping some money into underage. Apparently it's the only reason to have a successful team!

Well done Mayo, I though we were a tad unlucky, but that's the way it goes sometimes. More disappointing because I thought we'd no chance, but then they showed great resolve, only for Mayo to fight back again. Both teams can be very proud of themselves, which is probably the best outcome possible at this level.

Disappointed for Kildare.  I think if we played them 10 times, they'd win 7-3 or thereabouts. So thought they'd take the Connacht runners up. They do have a few class players though, one in particular will be a top senior Imo.
It is said that the main reason Dublin are not as successful at u17 level is that they have so many good players coming through to choose from as a result of all their development work, that there is no way they can select a best 20 squad. That it takes a couple of years more to see the real cream come to the top.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Main Street on July 28, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Connacht must be pumping some money into underage. Apparently it's the only reason to have a successful team!

Well done Mayo, I though we were a tad unlucky, but that's the way it goes sometimes. More disappointing because I thought we'd no chance, but then they showed great resolve, only for Mayo to fight back again. Both teams can be very proud of themselves, which is probably the best outcome possible at this level.

Disappointed for Kildare.  I think if we played them 10 times, they'd win 7-3 or thereabouts. So thought they'd take the Connacht runners up. They do have a few class players though, one in particular will be a top senior Imo.
It is said that the main reason Dublin are not as successful at u17 level is that they have so many good players coming through to choose from as a result of all their development work, that there is no way they can select a best 20 squad. That it takes a couple of years more to see the real cream come to the top.

I attended the minor (U18) AI semi final 2017 between Derry and Dublin a game Derry won and probably should have won by more.  11 Dublin players that played in that game played again yesterday for the U20s.

The main difference in those Dublin players in two years was how much muscle they have since added to their mostly light frames at minor level. Fitness,S&C and physicality comes to the fore for Dublin players it seems once they get past the development grades.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

HT Tyrone 0-6 Kerry 0-3. After yesterday's open expansive AI quarter finals this is more of a tactical game and where the turnovers especially from Tyrone is high.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Kerry goal they lead by 3. Tyrone 0-7 kerry 1-7 48 minutes played

Angelo

Tyrone will be kicking themselves with this.

They should have been much further ahead that 3 points at half time, 2 great goal chances missed in the first half and 2 pointed efforts hitting the post. Kerry upped it in the second half and Tyrone lost their discipline when things started to go against them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Mark Devlin also looks a star in the making for Tyrone.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

FT Kerry 1-12 Tyrone 0-9. Tyrone played the last ten minutes with 14 players, very impressive 2nd half display from Kerry.

MayoBuck

Didn't see the game today. How would that Kerry side compare to Mayo and Galway yesterday?

MayoBuck

Quote from: maigheo on July 28, 2019, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Jayop on July 27, 2019, 11:19:19 PM
That second half today was just a fantastic advert for football. I was glued to it.

The mayo lad that flicked the ball to himself six inches from his goal line in extra time must have balls of steel. I was pissing myself laughing at the audacity.
Thought that was absolutely brilliant and have watched it a few times since  and it seemed to Paul Walsh the most natural thing in the world to do.Absoulte class

Thank God it came off, could have been a disaster otherwise!

Some going by Mayo Gaels having 2 of the most prominent players on the minor team

Blowitupref

Two Cork goals in a minute just before half time gives Cork a healthy half time lead.

Cork 2-8 Monaghan 0-8

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2019, 03:23:50 PM
FT Kerry 1-12 Tyrone 0-9. Tyrone played the last ten minutes with 14 players, very impressive 2nd half display from Kerry.

Yep, no answer in the 2nd half.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Blowitupref

Monaghan goal from a penalty. Cork 2-10 Monaghan 1-8. 40 minutes played.

Blowitupref

2nd Monaghan goal from a 2nd penalty. Cork 2-12 Monaghan 2-9 just 10 minutes to play.