Tyrone finally getting some credit

Started by TirEoghaingodeo, September 08, 2008, 10:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TirEoghaingodeo

Having been at Wexford game, only got around to watching the game on sky plus yesterday, and was surprised by the praise handed out, Brolly being particularily effusive. At one point i think he described it as football from another planet.
I know a lot of Tyrone GAA fans felt that we've not got the praise we've been due in the past, but does anyone else feel that this is beginning to change.
Any article i've read about the AIF has mentioned kerry's hassling of refs, O Mahony didn't endear, and perhaps Tyrones long and winding road to the quarters, as well as their renaissance, has had the media piling the praise on. The fact that we're slight underdogs has probably helped too.
Would be interested to hear what other people think on this?
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

filthylittlebeast

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on September 08, 2008, 10:50:40 AM
Having been at Wexford game, only got around to watching the game on sky plus yesterday, and was surprised by the praise handed out, Brolly being particularily effusive. At one point i think he described it as football from another planet.
I know a lot of Tyrone GAA fans felt that we've not got the praise we've been due in the past, but does anyone else feel that this is beginning to change.
Any article i've read about the AIF has mentioned kerry's hassling of refs, O Mahony didn't endear, and perhaps Tyrones long and winding road to the quarters, as well as their renaissance, has had the media piling the praise on. The fact that we're slight underdogs has probably helped too.
Would be interested to hear what other people think on this?

Brolly is from another planet!! He's biased anyway as he's a Derry man so wouldn't be to praiseful of Tyrone ! I think people's opinions are changing of Tyrone now though and they are actually realising that hey we really do have a good team here.  In all previous matches, and previous years, I think Tyrone always come out as the underdogs...

omagh_gael

Brolly is from another planet!! He's biased anyway as he's a Derry man so wouldn't be to praiseful of Tyrone ! I think people's opinions are changing of Tyrone now though and they are actually realising that hey we really do have a good team here.  In all previous matches, and previous years, I think Tyrone always come out as the underdogs...
[/quote]

Sure brolly has been one of  our most ardent supporters and has lavished praise on tyrone's play since Dublin game! As well, I feel we have been getting more than enough praise over the last month an quite rightly so but in all honesty we haven't done much in the previous 2 years to warrant any praise but here's hopin brolly's dishin it out on Tyrone's behalf at 5.30 on the 21st!!!!

balladmaker

Praise is for vanity, it's the medals that count.  This day two weeks, neither Kerry or Tyrone will give a damn about praise, as long as they are heading home with Sam.

his holiness nb

Ye have gotten the credit ye deserve over the past few games, but in fairness to Brolly and co, even ye Tyrone fans on here werent predicting AI finals and hammering the Dubs a month or so back.

Omagh Gael is right, the media are starting to realise you have a very good team. But I think the same could be said of many Tyrone fans.
Ask me holy bollix

Doire abú

I'm sorry lads but Brolly ever since 2003 has hyped plenty of praise on Tyrone. Tyrone fans mightn't like him, and it might be killing him, but if you stand back you will realise he's not one to be shy handing out praise to Tyrone.

Onion Bag

Im an Armagh Man, and to be honest i wouldnt give a monkeys who was praising and and slagging our state or stlye of play as long as we were producing results. so Tyrone are back in another final, and it could be the worst final in the history of football just like the hurling yesterday, and the papers slagging it off, and neutrals calling it shite, but at the end of the day if Tyrone are on the right side of the result do you really give a f**k what anyone says or writes about it?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

If they're praising you you're not doing it right.

Wait a minute ... Kilkenny!

under the bar

Quoteif Tyrone are on the right side of the result do you really give a f**k what anyone says or writes about it?

Too true.  When you are the one sitting with Sam on the kitchen table, who gives a toss if the neighbours slag off your cooking?  

Onion Bag

Absolutely underthebar, any chance i could get over to yours for a wee sup of tae

under the bar

QuoteAbsolutely underthebar, any chance i could get over to yours for a wee sup of tae

I have an uncle from Derry who in 1993/4 used to call his Tyrone relatives offering us to come up for a "wee drink out of the cup".

Onion Bag

There has been some amount of backwashing since then, floaters all over the shop

screenexile

Fcuk them... give 'em nothing I say. They wouldn't give anybody else any credit!