Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mclf

If I was a Mayo person then I would be confident that this could be the year for ye because Syferus doesn't think Mayo will win it, as we have seen pretty much every time in the past the opposite happens to what Syferus reckons.

trileacman

Mayo will take Tipp fairly handily. They're at a level above that but unfortunately still a level below the moneybags, who will dispense of Kerry in the last 10.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on August 07, 2016, 04:14:06 PM
Jsus you post awful rubbish ,Syf. Go take a long walk for yourself .

Stating actual facts is what passes as rubbish to you. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message.

galwayman

I'd be very surprised if Mayo don't win this.
I honestly think Galway made Tipp look a lot better than they actually are.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on August 07, 2016, 04:39:12 PM
I'd be very surprised if Mayo don't win this.
I honestly think Galway made Tipp look a lot better than they actually are.
Galway not as good as Roscommon made them look in that replay and the Galway players probably lost the run of themselves before the Tipp game.

Mayo are going to be fully focussed for this game. Tipp won't get the same joy in midfield and their three key forwards against Galway will struggle for scores from play against the Mayo blanket.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2016, 03:44:01 PM
Quote from: Chimley on August 07, 2016, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2016, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 07, 2016, 11:01:35 AM
That's 12 years ago... Mayo are a different animal now. Yesterday proved that.

Mayo are the same Mayo they've always been.

6 semi finals on the trot would give the lie to that sweeping statement.

0 AIs puts a full stop at the end of my statement.

Mayo have always been challenging since 1989 - eight AI finals well spread over that period, only a few less than Kerry have had, as it happens - but the lie we were told was Horan changed the Mayo psyche in a meaningful way, well, time and results have proven that incorrect.
Is All Irelands your barometer Syf?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Duine Eile

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2016, 05:41:36 PM

Mayo have always been challenging since 1989 - eight AI finals well spread over that period, only a few less than Kerry have had, as it happens - but the lie we were told was Horan changed the Mayo psyche in a meaningful way, well, time and results have proven that incorrect.

For a changed Mayo, yeah. Mayo made finals before the run that ended against Galway, they'll made them after it too. That's never been Mayo's real problem, has it?

Captain Obvious

The GAA neutral world will be hoping this Tipperary fairytale season continues with another win against the odds in this game. 2016 has been the year of team sport underdogs why not one more? Football GAA championship has been crying out for a underdog story like this for years.

Ballaghman

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2016, 05:58:24 PM

For a changed Mayo,  yeah. Mayo made finals before the run that ended against Galway,  they'll made them after it too. That's never been Mayo's real problem,  has it?
Different argument completely Syf. I know we have to win one to convince people like you that these boys are different but can you honestly say we lost the 2004/06 finals the same way we lost in 2012/13? Same end result yes  but I have seen a massive change in psyche since Horan came in. The ultimate problem was lack of a player or two and poor game management on the sideline.

larryin89

Youre as much of a shambles as your county and its football standing. Gomshite of a man. The absolute stupidity of this stance that winning the all ireland is all that matters to Mayo and if we are not going to win it we would be as well off as going out in early championship. Such a load of balls.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 07, 2016, 06:35:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2016, 05:58:24 PM

For a changed Mayo,  yeah. Mayo made finals before the run that ended against Galway,  they'll made them after it too. That's never been Mayo's real problem,  has it?
Different argument completely Syf. I know we have to win one to convince people like you that these boys are different but can you honestly say we lost the 2004/06 finals the same way we lost in 2012/13? Same end result yes  but I have seen a massive change in psyche since Horan came in. The ultimate problem was lack of a player or two and poor game management on the sideline.

Mayo were plenty fearless in 04/06 too, 2013 was a failure of both Horan and a team freezing with the brass ring within reach. It wasn't as spectacular a freeze as the Kerry finals but Dublin where begging for Mayo to nail them that day and something still held them back. That was the moment you knew the old demons still lay within. 2012 would have been a game if Horan got his match-ups right. That is not to insult Mayo because we have plenty of our own and Waterford today showed how heavy the hand of history can weigh on a team's shoulders. But until Mayo win one these lads will sit very comfortably with the 89, 96-97 and 04-06 teams. That is just the honest reality of the situation.

didlyi

Tipp supporters will be level headed, after all they are well used to big occasions in croke park. On the other hand Im sure the Mayo supporters as always will be playing the old tune 'this is our year! Perfect ingredients for an ambush.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 07, 2016, 06:14:27 PM
The GAA neutral world will be hoping this Tipperary fairytale season continues with another win against the odds in this game. 2016 has been the year of team sport underdogs why not one more? Football GAA championship has been crying out for a underdog story like this for years.

I don't buy into routing for the underdog. Mayo should have earned the respect of every GAA fan in the country by now with their relentless pursuit of Sam over the years and their determination to keep returning year after year putting in some immense performances along the way without the ultimate reward. They have shipped some heavy defeats in finals and lost some epic matches after replays which would have killed off most teams. Tipp have done well but i think Mayo are much more deserving of another crack at Sam and will most likely provide us with a more competitive final.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.