Muineacháin v Corcaigh

Started by timmyot501, March 24, 2009, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: carol6 on March 29, 2009, 12:34:40 PM
Well at least you have an ulster ref today and that should help with he tight decisions on the tight pitch ;)

Doubt the Ulster Ref was 6 points the dirrerence now Carol..

Great result. I know Cork had a lot of injuries but great win, well done Monaghan!

timmyot501

Better performance today by all accounts. Much more purpose in most of our play.  And for a 15 minute spell towards the end of the 1st half we owned the ball but also stuck on the points that were needed.  The half back line were on top form after a slightly shaky start, Lennon did well enough in midfield and Jap was on fine form. Ronaghan made a positive impact too and maybe springing him from the bench is the way to go for the future

Maguire01

Brilliant result today and the performance was a million miles from last week.

Clerkin put in tons of work and won some great ball - only for his yellow card and having to leave early, he would probably have been my man of the match. Finlay probably gets the nod for today - brilliant points both from the ground and out of the hands. Damien Freeman also had his best game for Monaghan in about a year - really came into it in the second half. JP Mone seemed confident in the full-back line - we might have had a bit more trouble there if he wasn't back. New(ish) boys Darren Hughes and Downey continue to look at home in the squad and should retain their places come championship time.

Quote from: carol6 on March 29, 2009, 12:34:40 PM
Well at least you have an ulster ref today and that should help with he tight decisions on the tight pitch ;)
If Sludden hadn't been the ref we would probably have won by more. Made some baffling decisions and failed to blow up numerous occasions where the ball was picked straight off the ground. He didn't win any friends in the (admittedly biased) crowd.

Scotstown worked out well for the game, but it's a pity the stand isn't bigger (especially in the rain) and the terraces a bit higher. It also took me forever to get out of the place.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 29, 2009, 07:17:06 PM
Scotstown worked out well for the game, but it's a pity the stand isn't bigger (especially in the rain) and the terraces a bit higher. It also took me forever to get out of the place.

Cheers Maguire01 for report. You should have sat on the 20ft the wall between the pitch and the graveyard with all the other lunatics!! I always look at them and go 'madmen' or 'madness' that it's allowed by the officials! If you fell it'd hopefully be backways into the graveyard as it would be handier for the funeral. Would save on the price of a hearse!!  :D

Main Street

We scored  from a 45.
That must  be the first in a few years.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on March 30, 2009, 05:38:01 PM
We scored  from a 45.
That must  be the first in a few years.

Yep - it was worth the admission just for that!