Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 23, 2014, 08:02:50 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 23, 2014, 01:27:28 PM
whats the story with sean mc cabe and donaghmore? Has he left to help Cassidy at Clonoe?

From what I'm hearing he's taking the reserves.

Didn't their Reserves just win 2 Championships in a row?? That management team couldn't be happy

Napper

Quote from: Max Payne on November 23, 2014, 10:47:12 PM
Paddy Tally and Archie Beattie with Galbally?

Beattie going to a Galbally on his own. The couldn't afford Tally.

WT4E

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 23, 2014, 08:41:30 PM
He will be the next Clonoe manager. I heard Barney GoGormlegoing to Stabane and Seamus Doyle to Kildress.

Barry Dillon already appointed Kildress manager. He's goin solo after being Doyle's lieutenant last year!

Up The Middle

Quote from: Club boi on November 23, 2014, 11:09:21 PM
whats the story with sean mc cabe and donaghmore? Has he left to help Cassidy at Clonoe?

Didn't their Reserves just win 2 Championships in a row?? That management team couldn't be happy

Yeah i thought the same. Find it really strange a man leaving a senior club to take a reserve team
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

LeoMc

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 24, 2014, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: Club boi on November 23, 2014, 11:09:21 PM

Yeah i thought the same. Find it really strange a man leaving a senior club to take a reserve team

Being trained up for the job to give a bit of continuity if Cassidys travelling expenses become an issue.

supersarsfields

Quote from: GlenMan on November 21, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
Any new managers in Division 3 for 2015? Heard of a few changes so far.

Drumragh have Clubman Conor Gallagher on board for this year.

GlenMan

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2014, 01:28:22 PM

What are the thoughts about that appointment in the Club? From an outsiders point of view- Drumragh needs a big change.

Welly Man

Drumragh as a club need a change in attitude. Many of the older senior players seem happy enuf to put in minimal effort, and get minimal results as a consequence. The younger players seem to have a bit more bite about them. Hopefully conor gallagher realises this an doesnt pander to the old guard. He'd need to get a bit more support than recent managers tho if he's to make a proper fist of it.

supersarsfields

Would disagree with that. The younger players have shown some potential, but attitude is a big part of it at this level and the effort hasn't been there. The club shouldn't be relying on the old guard. The under 21's were in a county final, they should be the ones pushing on. But that takes effort and determination, so hopefully Conor will sort that out.

supersarsfields

Quote from: GlenMan on November 24, 2014, 07:37:23 PM

What are the thoughts about that appointment in the Club? From an outsiders point of view- Drumragh needs a big change.
Hopefully a good appointment. He's a good trainer and was a very smart player so hopefully he can take that into management. I'm just happy the appointment was made early this year. Should allow for a more organised pre season.

GlenMan

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2014, 11:20:03 PM

Hopefully a good appointment. He's a good trainer and was a very smart player so hopefully he can take that into management. I'm just happy the appointment was made early this year. Should allow for a more organised pre season.

Hows things going in the Club? Haven't played you's in a couple of years.

drillsergeant

Apart from Mckinless becoming new ardboe manager for 2015 is there any more manager changes in division 1 in tyrone?

westender

Drumragh used to have a decent team. Not that long ago they were top half div 2. What's happened SS?
Who'd be the early favourites for div 3 next year? Teams that come down seem to do well..

supersarsfields

Quote from: GlenMan on November 25, 2014, 09:27:39 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2014, 11:20:03 PM

Hows things going in the Club? Haven't played you's in a couple of years.

Should have good youth beginning to come through as we've a strong under 21 team this year. Hopefully if they push on they can really improve things. Plenty of potential. We've been hit with long term injuries to a few of the older team members over the past couple of years that have robbed us of a bit of leadership on the senior team.
But there definitely needs to be improvements, the thing about Division 3 is you never know how a team will fair out from one year to the next. There's been teams like Brackaville, Killyman etc that have turned things round from having poor years to winning the league. So it's possible at this level. But it doesn't just happen, a change needs to be bought into by all involved. management, players, coaches the whole club.

supersarsfields

Quote from: westender on November 26, 2014, 10:14:20 AM
Drumragh used to have a decent team. Not that long ago they were top half div 2. What's happened SS?
Who'd be the early favourites for div 3 next year? Teams that come down seem to do well..

Teams change. Think it was 2005 when we were in the play-of positions for promotion to Div 1. We had a few gap years when the progress through from underage wasn't happening. But thankfully that seems to have been fixed as the bulk of our senior team would be made up of U21's at the minute.
Div 3 wise I would say that I'd think Owen Roes (Although a change of management mightn't help here), Tattyreagh (Depending on whether they can keep going for the whole year) would be two I fancy to be challenging. TBH I think the teams that went up this year are of a better standard than the teams coming down. Rock & Derrytresk are two very strong teams.