Saturday July 1st 2017 - Football, Hurling or both?

Started by redsetanta, June 27, 2017, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Just getting an idea as to who will be travelling where on Saturday. A difficult day for 'dual' supporters.

I will be in Parnell Park Saturday evening but won't be at the football earlier in the day.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I'm a football man so I'll be heading to O'Moore Park but I'll be glued to the radio cheering on the hurlers later on.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Clubber Lang

Tight squeeze but will try to do both. Lets hope there is no need for extra time in the football.

ILikeStrawberryJam

I'll defo go to the football .. undecided on the hurling ..

I suppose the footballers have a 50/50 chance if they perform for 70 minutes.

The hurlers seem decimated by injuries. A hiding wouldn't be good for such a young team but looks likely ..

redsetanta

It will be the most dedicated that will do both games. Timewise it can be done but your looking at getting to Parnell Park and being lucky to be parked up and in the ground for throw in.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Zooming around

In the car at 4.45pm. Parked up in Dublin at 6.30pm at the latest (6.15pm I'd say). No problem

Tony

Laois vs Clare throw in 3pm.
Half time 3.35
2nd half starts latest 3.50. End of match is 4.30including injury time.
Get to car by 4.40.
Parnell park including moderate traffic would take 1.30.
Arrive at 6.10. Hurling vs dubs at 7.

Very doable if u want to. If we've a good result vs Clare, we'll all be in a good mood going up.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Never works like that Tony unfortunately. With injury time etc a half could lat 45 mins. Often been another 15 mins at half time which has you at 4pm. Second half could take you to 4.45. 5pm earliezt leaving Portlaoise if you stay for whole game.

Tony

Fair point redsetanta. Still should arrive in decent time if the will is there. Poor form to have it the way it is though. Huge games for both teams & we're been made drive all over the provence within the space of of few hours. Should be on different days.