for up to five seconds after the foul or for less
time if it becomes clear that no advantage has
accrued. If he deems no advantage to have
accrued, he may subsequently award a free
for the foul from where it occurred, (except as
provided under Exceptions (v) and (vi) of Rule
2.2). He shall apply any relevant disciplinary
action.

Wasn't at the game but if the ball ended up in the net right after advantage being played for a foul then it would be correct to stand. If the player overcarries while being fouled then that counts as the advantage.
Checked above with our club referee and it is accurate ok.  Goal should have stood, especially since the ref had his hand up.
Agreed

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2020, 02:55:27 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 07, 2020, 02:49:59 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 07, 2020, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 06, 2020, 12:32:01 AM
RP is right and HS is wrong here.
Official rule is this: 4.37 When a foul is committed, the referee may
allow the play to continue if he considers it to
be to the advantage of the offended team. He
shall signal that advantage by raising an arm
upright and shall allow the advantage to run
by maintaining his arm in the upright position
action.

Wasn't at the game but if the ball ended up in the net right after advantage being played for a foul then it would be correct to stand. If the player overcarries while being fouled then that counts as the advantage.
Checked above with our club referee and it is accurate ok.  Goal should have stood, especially since the ref had his hand up.
Agreed
Not agreed. Top part is spot on as it is the rule. Bottom part - you made it up yourself.
It is agreed. I agreed that the goal should have stood.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2020, 03:21:30 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 07, 2020, 03:15:02 PM
action.

Agreed
Not agreed. Top part is spot on as it is the rule. Bottom part - you made it up yourself.
I disagreed.
We weren't talking to you though ;D so you can disagree all you like. The actual ref of the game even realises he was wrong and the goal should have stood, and that says it all.  8)

restorepride

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 07, 2020, 03:23:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2020, 03:21:30 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 07, 2020, 03:15:02 PM
action.

Agreed
I disagreed.
We weren't talking to you though ;D so you can disagree all you like. The actual ref of the game even realises he was wrong and the goal should have stood, and that says it all.  8)
Agreed - much better to talk to yourself.  No harm in making a quick appointment with a doctor, probably one with specific knowledge of the GAA schizophrenia rule book.  The more early steps taken the better.  Controlling the brown does get harder as time goes on.  Also keeping it up takes more out of you so maybe less posts?!

Walter Cronc

With this Derry streaming service can you buy yesterday's game and watch?

Rawhide

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 09, 2020, 08:37:49 AM
With this Derry streaming service can you buy yesterday's game and watch?

You can.
cccc is a true supporter lol

oneclubonelife

Having watched a fair few of the first round games in the championship can I ask if the GAA rules for the return to play changed/updated. Most of the teams have more than 24 players inside wire, most have more manager/selectors inside the wire, I thought the use of the dugouts was prohibited unless 1m distancing could be adhered to, teams were to be located at either side of the pitch, nobody only runner allowed on to pitch at any time during a break in play, no money to be collected at the entrance of games, etc. If the rules have been updated since released on July 10th, I stand corrected but if not, are we trying to spread the virus. Either stick to the rules or forget about it. I have not seen the media raise these issues but my god we have to stay safe. And no - I am not a winge - I just don't want the virusspread with the flagrant disregard for the GAA guideline. Are there no County Board members at these matches to see.

shantygael

Some of these games didn't even  have umpires ,linesmen or a fourth official( due to a shortage)never mind county board members.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

JoG2

Quote from: shantygael on August 09, 2020, 09:57:55 PM
Some of these games didn't even  have umpires ,linesmen or a fourth official( due to a shortage)never mind county board members.

Mad watching junior championship games with only the ref there, and intermediate games with a ref and 1 linesman.

Anyone know why , with a short window to play the championship, junior teams play a game, and then have no games for 4 weeks?

oneclubonelife

We are missing the point - if  the rules are as stated in an earlier post and they are there for health reasons, why are they so blatantly ignored. It is even plain to be seen on live broadcast and live streaming. If teams don't adhere to the rules what are the consequences apart from greater risk of spreading the virus with the numbers rising every day.

marty34

Quote from: JoG2 on August 10, 2020, 10:56:37 AM
Quote from: shantygael on August 09, 2020, 09:57:55 PM

Mad watching junior championship games with only the ref there, and intermediate games with a ref and 1 linesman.

Anyone know why , with a short window to play the championship, junior teams play a game, and then have no games for 4 weeks?

Nobody wants to do it?

Why would they - too much gassle and grief for a few quid...not to mention the verbal abuse and threat of physical abuse.

It'll be a big problem for the GAA in the years ahead I think.

Newbridge Exile

Really  sad news about the death of Hugh McWilliams, I didn't know him personally but anyone I know who did were unanimous in their view of him, a gentleman, a true Gael and a very successful  businessman who had no airs and graces .

restorepride

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on August 14, 2020, 06:57:38 PM
Really  sad news about the death of Hugh McWilliams, I didn't know him personally but anyone I know who did were unanimous in their view of him, a gentleman, a true Gael and a very successful  businessman who had no airs and graces .
+1

screenexile

Strange feeling around the parish today nobody can really get to grips with the news such a sudden and sad loss.

Hugh was a giant in our community both in terms of the employment and opportunity he offered to hundreds of people through the business, as a volunteer for our club and the support offered to our Club/Derry GAA and many other community organisations in the area.

A very sad day for our Club and the Derry GAA community.

Ár dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

bannside

Sad news. Not many queuing up to sponsor club county and Gaa community activity on the scale that Hugh got involved.

On another serious note, I have it from good authority that Derry GAA is under very close scrutiny regarding the limit of spectators at matches. I predict an unfavourable outcome if this situation is not modified to reflect general guidelines.