Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

You've a lot to answer for MR2! Poaching players and you robbed us at the start of the year too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2019, 01:34:28 PM
You've a lot to answer for MR2! Poaching players and you robbed us at the start of the year too.

Ah! Poor display against a team you be beating every week!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 30, 2019, 10:03:56 AM
Mitchells no juveniles / McDermotts club gone / St Aggies, Eire Og , Colin gaels rarely can field at u12 upwards so kids going from them to clubs that can field is not poaching - the SW examples provided the SW posters were all from clubs that were fielding and look more like glory hunting
Well Belfast GAA man, glory hunting eh...Plenty of that in Belfast.
Best example Pollock from GnM to St Galls...

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on November 30, 2019, 06:32:54 PM
Mitchells no juveniles / McDermotts club gone / St Aggies, Eire Og , Colin gaels rarely can field at u12 upwards so kids going from them to clubs that can field is not poaching - the SW examples provided the SW posters were all from clubs that were fielding and look more like glory hunting
Well Belfast GAA man, glory hunting eh...Plenty of that in Belfast.
Best example Pollock from GnM to St Galls...
i wouldn't disagree with that and McGill to Cargin from Randalstown comes To mind

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2019, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 30, 2019, 11:57:44 AM

Surely that's a failing on the divisional board though, no effort in keeping clubs going and arranging games for them. Look at the blitzes organised every Sunday in SW and NA. St Endas only started to achieve success when they left SA and came to the SW and NA underage leagues.

Was Sean Stinsons a failure of the SW boards having teams amalgamate? Or the current under age hurling amalgamation is that a failure of the NA board?

Who do you blame for the poor showing outside of Cargin for SW senior championships?

You're a laugh PJ, you SW ones were tearing strips out of yourselves on here and you thought I'll start a Belfast bashing post!

Your first attempt was pathetic as you couldn't even get the club right, your knowledge of Belfast clubs was summed up perfectly and your silly attempt at using St Endas as platform for upping the SW is wrong also and a disservice to the hardworking volunteers within that club who've set up a community Irish hub, has nowt to do with the SW and more about the geography and numbers in that area, and with the help of some blow ins  ;)

Hopefully more SW teams can push Cargin in the future but I doubt it

I'd say the Stinsons team was more to help keep the game alive during very testing times in both Ahoghill & PG1, the troubles happened outside of the big smoke also ye know.

I was at the SW meeting the evening the St Endas rep spoke about wanting to move and the reasons for it, plain and simple there wasn't enough being done to promote the games in the city. The work being done in St Endas has been and will continue to make the club great and fair play to them but clearly playing in better run divisional board has helped.  I also attended the convention around 2010/2011 in Dunsilly and heard that there was only 5 games completed at U16 level in Football in SA that year.

I'm not Belfast bashing at all either and my knowledge of Belfast clubs is 100%.. I've reffed and played at majority of them during my time.

You'd better watch in case that chip falls off your shoulder mate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 01, 2019, 11:05:15 AM

Surely that's a failing on the divisional board though, no effort in keeping clubs going and arranging games for them. Look at the blitzes organised every Sunday in SW and NA. St Endas only started to achieve success when they left SA and came to the SW and NA underage leagues.

Was Sean Stinsons a failure of the SW boards having teams amalgamate? Or the current under age hurling amalgamation is that a failure of the NA board?

Who do you blame for the poor showing outside of Cargin for SW senior championships?

You're a laugh PJ, you SW ones were tearing strips out of yourselves on here and you thought I'll start a Belfast bashing post!

Your first attempt was pathetic as you couldn't even get the club right, your knowledge of Belfast clubs was summed up perfectly and your silly attempt at using St Endas as platform for upping the SW is wrong also and a disservice to the hardworking volunteers within that club who've set up a community Irish hub, has nowt to do with the SW and more about the geography and numbers in that area, and with the help of some blow ins  ;)

I'd say the Stinsons team was more to help keep the game alive during very testing times in both Ahoghill & PG1, the troubles happened outside of the big smoke also ye know.

I was at the SW meeting the evening the St Endas rep spoke about wanting to move and the reasons for it, plain and simple there wasn't enough being done to promote the games in the city. The work being done in St Endas has been and will continue to make the club great and fair play to them but clearly playing in better run divisional board has helped.  I also attended the convention around 2010/2011 in Dunsilly and heard that there was only 5 games completed at U16 level in Football in SA that year.

I'm not Belfast bashing at all either and my knowledge of Belfast clubs is 100%.. I've reffed and played at majority of them during my time.

No chip, you started the bashing, no one is disagreeing about the state of the running of the leagues. That's why galefast is in place, Belfast needs to look at it's current set up and through very unfortunate events lately with the untimely death of Herron, there will be some changes.

If your knowledge of Belfast clubs was good you'd have known that the Burke's played juvenile for St Galls's, not McDermotts and the lack of divisional games in Belfast has not restricted them in winning championships Ulster's or even All Ireland's.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2019, 11:55:58 AM

No chip, you started the bashing, no one is disagreeing about the state of the running of the leagues. That's why galefast is in place, Belfast needs to look at it's current set up and through very unfortunate events lately with the untimely death of Herron, there will be some changes.

If your knowledge of Belfast clubs was good you'd have known that the Burke's played juvenile for St Galls's, not McDermotts and the lack of divisional games in Belfast has not restricted them in winning championships Ulster's or even All Ireland's.

How's the Un21 final going?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 01, 2019, 12:14:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2019, 11:55:58 AM

How's the Un21 final going?

Hammering session which tells me we were in the wrong grade. last weekends game was possibly the final, as is the case for the A grade final!

bannside

100% the wrong grade MR. Take care of that nice Roger Casement Centenary memorial cup!

bannside

Two under 21 A championships in a row for St Brigids. Superb achievement - if this dosent kick start a memorable priod for the South Belfast men then nothing will. All achieved with the same group the whole way from under 16 and upwards managed by Greg Finnegan and with his own lads Patrick and Joseph leading from the front! Hard luck to Randalstown they had a lot of chances in the first 15 mins could have been well in front. They should be back again too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on December 01, 2019, 07:04:18 PM
Two under 21 A championships in a row for St Brigids. Superb achievement - if this dosent kick start a memorable priod for the South Belfast men then nothing will. All achieved with the same group the whole way from under 16 and upwards managed by Greg Finnegan and with his own lads Patrick and Joseph leading from the front! Hard luck to Randalstown they had a lot of chances in the first 15 mins could have been well in front. They should be back again too.

It's even more remarkable considering how bad the Belfast structures are and lack of games these lads have played..
8)

outinfront

Another epic v Carryduff would be the ticket!

Rodger Mona

Holy Ghost, iv beeen away all weekend coaching and look what iv missed. PJ and MR2 going at it hammer and tong with BS chipping in on analyses.

Thats what makes this a great discussion board.

Congrats on the two finals being won by two city teams by the way. Poor showing from Whitehill all the same.

Any man any news on the county seniors at the moment. alot of rumours circulating  as to who has been called up and who is standing out. Still think we are lacking in physicality around the middle and BS is there any truth in Lenny allowing a Cargin contingency of Mick, John C, Kobo and Justin along with Niall McKeever, Pollock, and M.Armstrong to come in at start of Nat League?

Rodger Mona

Could u not tell from the Holy Ghost...

bannside

Rodger you're going to have to sack your informant. Not a chance of those names returning en bloc for the NFL. Take that from me! Although I'd be sure Lenny has indeed touched base with all or most of them at some stage! Then theres the 6 names who supposedly got a message to take part in a trial game - in house match Sunday week ago. The three I checked out didnt hear a dicky bird!

Before that you asserted other nonsense about the PG1 management stepping down.  At this stage I say fair play to you, you are most definitely a serious contender for WUM of the year lol.